Texas vs Maryland Game Week Thread

Vertigo

I just hope this doesn’t turn into another bizarro game where some fucked up goofy shit haunts us. I swear, the last couple of years have been rough on me. Simply bad luck, no other words for it.

On paper we are +20 better team and the game should be over by the half. But let a couple of those what the fuck plays and they are within striking distance in the 4th quarter. And I have to snort a dozen Xanax to keep my shit together.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

I just hope this doesn’t turn into another bizarro game where some fucked up goofy shit haunts us. I swear, the last couple of years have been rough on me. Simply bad luck, no other words for it.

On paper we are +20 better team and the game should be over by the half. But let a couple of those what the fuck plays and they are within striking distance in the 4th quarter. And I have to snort a dozen Xanax to keep my shit together.

Hard not to have PTSD after the last few years for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

Need the refs to stay the fuck out of game as well. 

No defensive holding 10 yds downfield 

no miracle qb fumble recovery 

no bumping the head coach to get a flag

etc etc etc

• Like 1

20 hours ago, texifornia said:

Alright, it's a 9am game time on the West Coast... what does Surly recommend for a get-up-and-go kind of morning?

Was thinking Irish coffee/mimosas and a nice brunch spread but I know there'll be better ideas.

2 micheladas 

2 breakfast tacos

1 shot of tequila 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hamttx said:

Pass that shit over here. You know for science and just in case 

10 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

I understand this post and don't even have a child.

Staying at a female friends house for the holiday break. Just a friend but a good one so no pics freaks. Brought up I was watching the game at 11. She knew already, but, she is a she and informs me her maid is coming at 8 am .. on Saturday...  When I am there, and the game is on at 11. 

"You can just hang at the coffee shop while she cleans."

So, maybe NOT that good of a friend after all.

FML

Well then in that case.. pics of shitty friend?

12 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Need the refs to stay the fuck out of game as well. 

No defensive holding 10 yds downfield 

no miracle qb fumble recovery 

no bumping the head coach to get a flag

etc etc etc

Did the truth for that horribly botched OSU game come out?  I could understand why the refs screwed us so badly on the Teaff farewell tour, but other than some gossip about uppity coaches or Pickens paying them off, never did understand why that game in particular we were so targeted.  Especially at home. 

17 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Did the truth for that horribly botched OSU game come out?  I could understand why the refs screwed us so badly on the Teaff farewell tour, but other than some gossip about uppity coaches or Pickens paying them off, never did understand why that game in particular we were so targeted.  Especially at home. 

I forget names of that crew from OSU but I do remember afterwards it being written that the penalties per game act nearly doubled whenever they were assigned UT games. 

3 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I forget names of that crew from OSU but I do remember afterwards it being written that the penalties per game act nearly doubled whenever they were assigned UT games. 

Alan Eck was the head. Cal MacNeill was on the crew. I have the names and numbers somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Mileslong said:

It used to be at the Tilted Kilt in SD.

Wife and I were vacationing in SD in 2011 and watched the UCLA game here with this group.  That's the first game I remember where Harsin somehow made alternating Case/Ash on an almost per play basis look like a good, cohesive offense.  Fun place/group/game. 

4 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Wife and I were vacationing in SD in 2011 and watched the UCLA game here with this group.  That's the first game I remember where Harsin somehow made alternating Case/Ash on an almost per play basis look like a good, cohesive offense.  Fun place/group/game. 

My understanding is that mileslong wasn't there that day, hence your enjoyment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

"Don't be like Demarco, guys"

I like the police liaison angle.  We are fortunate to have a credible police department in Austin that has the best interests when it comes to the student athletes.  Since the liaisons have actual NFL experience, all of the athletes at Texas should heed their direction in serving and protecting the city.  On top of that, when and if the players step out of line, there should be no leniency.  Be straight with the student athlete, and the student athlete should walk the straight line.  Kudos to all of the efforts being put forth by the football program, athletic department, and the city of Austin.  This is credible collaboration.

"Don't be like Demarco, guys"

Can't get away with anything these days..

There might have been a time when a 20 yo with a visible 12 pack in the backseat caught going the wrong way in Zilker park at 1am on the way to find someone who was going to lead this person to a house party...could walk (or drive) away with a verbal warning.

Theoretically of course.

1 minute ago, ousux said:

Can't get away with anything these days..

There might have been a time when a 20 yo with a visible 12 pack in the backseat caught going the wrong way in Zilker park at 1am on the way to find someone who was going to lead this person to a house party...could walk (or drive) away with a verbal warning.

Theoretically of course.

Not exactly the same thing as getting rear ended in a car crash and beating the other driver so badly he has to be hospitalized.  Think that one's been frowned upon for pretty much all of the 20th and 21st centuries.

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

Not exactly the same thing as getting rear ended in a car crash and beating the other driver so badly he has to be hospitalized.  Think that one's been frowned upon for pretty much all of the 20th and 21st centuries.

Fuckin A. 

Kid is a total piece of shit

True, but if some of the stories you hear about players (and even students in general) back in the 70's-80's are even partly true, they got to skate on a lot of things that would be a BFD these days.

33 minutes ago, DigDug said:

No he's not

Maybe he isn't, but he can go get a second chance on someone else's time and dime. He's taking up a roster spot and he's lost his fucking privilege. Let him find redemption at Pittsburg State or some shit.

No parents, yada yada yada. Equivocation, equivocation, equivocation. Poor black "kid" of 21 years old is just misunderstood, etc. Right. He beat a fucking guy into the hospital because of a rear-ender, and he wasn't even a driver. I heard about it the day after it happened and couldn't believe it took a week or two to come out. Good riddance to him and he can fuck right off. I'd be saying the same shit if he were at OU, USC, ATM or Idaho. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Maybe he isn't, but he can go get a second chance on someone else's time and dime. He's taking up a roster spot and he's lost his fucking privilege. Let him find redemption at Pittsburg State or some shit.

No parents, yada yada yada. Equivocation, equivocation, equivocation. Poor black "kid" of 21 years old is just misunderstood, etc. Right. He beat a fucking guy into the hospital because of a rear-ender, and he wasn't even a driver. I heard about it the day after it happened and couldn't believe it took a week or two to come out. Good riddance to him and he can fuck right off. I'd be saying the same shit if he were at OU, USC, ATM or Idaho. 

Uhhhh if that’s what happened, he definitely is.

I'm fully locked and loaded, game prep last night.

Everything needed for breakfast tacos except tortillas, I'll get those fresh Sat morning.

Tito's and red bull, 8 Founders breakfast stouts, case of shiner Bock, case of Shiner Blonde light.

Have no idea what my guests will be drinking.

• Like 3