Texas vs Maryland Game Week Thread

Vertigo

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

I don't care so much about the nitty-gritty of the LB depth chart because it's all about the best 11. If a starting LB comes off the field, Orlando isn't going to automatically insert the backup at that specific position. He'll put in the next best LB (and call a defense that accommodates whoever's on the field).

Lulz that's why I like having you around-- things like to remember the depth chart don't make a shit.

Any intell from folks on expected improvement for this year's return teams??  Here's a list of returners from the current depth chart:

KR: Lil'Jordan Humphrey, Devin Duvernay, Daniel Young, Kyle Porter, D'Shawn Jamison, B.J. Foster

PR: Brandon Jones, D'Shawn Jamison, Jerrod Heard

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, pacman said:

Coin flip.

Texas wins. Defers.

Maryland will receive.

35 yd kickoff return to the 39.

1st play from scrimmage. 280lb Linebacker Roach blitzes the qb playaction, rips the qbs head off, shits down his throat, and punches the RBs mother in the face.

Texas wins.

Sounds like a relatively short affair.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pacman said:

Coin flip.

Texas wins. Defers.

Maryland will receive.

1st play from scrimmage. 280lb Linebacker Roach blitzes the qb playaction, rips the qbs head off, shits down his throat, and punches the RBs mother in the face.

Texas wins.

Meyers hires Roach as new WR coach.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, longhrnfan said:

Looking ahead to next year, its pretty much going to be Sterns and Jones as the returning starters. I'm worried about DL next year. Secondary gonna still be pretty awesome. 

Man, maybe we can have the first snap of this year before we start agonizing over depth issues next year.

47 minutes ago, pacman said:

Coin flip.

Texas wins. Defers.

Maryland will receive.

Texas wins.

What does the offense after that?

7 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

If I recall last years game, and I am doing everything on earth to erase the fucking hard drive.  We shot out the gate fairly ok right? like 14-0 or something? 

pretty sure it was only 7-0, due to a holton hill pick 6.

Edited by BigOrange1
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

BIG_Mt_Rushmore.jpg 

Urban Meyer and DJ Durkin are now forever associated with other infamous BIG 10 coaches. Texas 42 - Maryland 17.

It scared me and it is a bunch of fine granite that would be some good rock climbing without being all fucked up and Ohio and all.  Just saying.  For us rock climbers and all. You know...  Bring your duct tape!

• Like 1

Folks may want to update their score predictions for Maryland Game.

Current forecast at Kickoff is 70% chance of rain.  Equipment folks need to take assortment of cleat types for possible wet/muddy conditions.

Herman may need to do walk-thru in Austin, cause storms forecasted on Friday too....... Safe travels LONGHORNS.....

Edited by LTtxfan

13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Current forecast at Kickoff is 70% chance of rain.  Equipment folks need to take assortment of cleat types for possible wet/muddy conditions.

Herman may need to do walk-thru in Austin, cause storms forecasted on Friday too....... Safe travels LONGHORNS.....

What's exactly done on walk-through?

12 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

Man, maybe we can have the first snap of this year before we start agonizing over depth issues next year.

I'm in it for the long haul. Always looking ahead. In that same vein, I'm already stressing over losing Casey Thompson, which is what, at least a year a way? But you are right, I should focus enjoying the season right in front of me. NC or bust. 

8 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, you can't practice punting if you do your walk through in the hotel ballroom. 

Or, I guess you can, if your punter is fucking terrible. 

18 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Will be on a river with no cell service for 3 days this weekend. Anywhere to watch the game online after the fact?

That river will be there after Saturday. But there is only 1 chance to see the Horns live to start the 2018 season. Priorities man.

On the other hand, do we have squirrel tube here?

• Haha 1

who is the Terp starting QB? Pigrome was smashing UT until his injury, then Hill came in and did well. Terps played with their 3rd string QB most of the season. 

RB Ty Johson is back who ran for over 100 on Texas last year. They lost WR DJ Moore to the Carolina Panthers. 

I have a feeling this game is going to be close. 

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2018/8/1/17637160/texas-longhorns-maryland-terrapins-tom-herman-todd-orlando