Texas vs Maryland Game Week Thread

Vertigo

9 minutes ago, ousux said:

I'm fully locked and loaded, game prep last night.

Everything needed for breakfast tacos except tortillas, I'll get those fresh Sat morning.

Tito's and red bull, 8 Founders breakfast stouts, case of shiner Bock, case of Shiner Blonde light.

Have no idea what my guests will be drinking.

And where exactly do you live...seems like an open invite.

47 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Maybe he isn't, but he can go get a second chance on someone else's time and dime. He's taking up a roster spot and he's lost his fucking privilege. Let him find redemption at Pittsburg State or some shit.

No parents, yada yada yada. Equivocation, equivocation, equivocation. Poor black "kid" of 21 years old is just misunderstood, etc. Right. He beat a fucking guy into the hospital because of a rear-ender, and he wasn't even a driver. I heard about it the day after it happened and couldn't believe it took a week or two to come out. Good riddance to him and he can fuck right off. I'd be saying the same shit if he were at OU, USC, ATM or Idaho. 

Hey, you don't know what it's like growing up on the mean streets of Gilmer!! 

Can't get away with anything these days..

There might have been a time when a 20 yo with a visible 12 pack in the backseat caught going the wrong way in Zilker park at 1am on the way to find someone who was going to lead this person to a house party...could walk (or drive) away with a verbal warning.

Theoretically of course.

Yes there might have been a time when someone could get pulled over by the police next to The Posse, drive into a gas pump slot for some strange reason, spill beer all over their shirt, and have the other car occupants shouting at the officer with cups of beer in their hands.....what was the question?

1 minute ago, Doc Reeves said:

Correction. He “wasn’t”.  Now, he’s a human piece of garbage no better than Mixon or and any other degenerate who lives their life like Worldstar.

Now, he is a violent offender in Texas.  Enjoy. 

The person he beat up was a girl??

9 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Correction. He “wasn’t”.  Now, he’s a human piece of garbage no better than Mixon or and any other degenerate who lives their life like Worldstar.

Now, he is a violent offender in Texas.  Enjoy.

This is a total thread derail, but cold-cocking a girl is worse than beating up a dude who rear-ended you. Shades of black, but still.

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

This is a total thread derail, but cold-cocking a girl is worse than beating up a dude who rear-ended you. Shades of black, but still.

If he is someone who can’t control his pathetic little ego when his education and potential professional career are on the line, but can when his mouthy girlfriend says some angry bullshit like he has a little dick, then he’d be the first 

sorry for the derail

i won’t post anymore on it

6 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Did the truth for that horribly botched OSU game come out?  I could understand why the refs screwed us so badly on the Teaff farewell tour, but other than some gossip about uppity coaches or Pickens paying them off, never did understand why that game in particular we were so targeted.  Especially at home. 

i think it is the mangino argument . we were shit . we were definitely not mnc hunt . okie light was "still in the hunt" for a premiere bowl/ shot at mnc . big XII wants to make sure so pokes get the calls like we did against Ku , according to mangino . 

1 hour ago, mr.goodkat said:

i think it is the mangino argument . we were shit . we were definitely not mnc hunt . okie light was "still in the hunt" for a premiere bowl/ shot at mnc . big XII wants to make sure so pokes get the calls like we did against Ku , according to mangino . 

I mean, except for the fact that the offensive PI call we got against Kansas was legit (if maybe ticky tack) and pretty much all the calls against Oklahoma State were complete bullshit. But almost the same thing.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Who has the information on the refs from the Okie State game? Has it been posted and have we done anything about it? There is no statute of limitations, in my opinion. I'd also like to track those guys and take note of whatever games they call. Surely someone did this work at the time?

Eck, who was the head ref, is in the NFL now and someone else's problem now.  I couldn't find info on the other refs.

I remembered reading this at the time, and it's still a great objective analysis of how fucked we got: https://www.barkingcarnival.com/2015/9/29/9420023/saturdays-officiating-was-statistically-significant-by-all-historical

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Who has the information on the refs from the Okie State game? Has it been posted and have we done anything about it? There is no statute of limitations, in my opinion. I'd also like to track those guys and take note of whatever games they call. Surely someone did this work at the time?

Seriously, I don't think I'll ever get over that game.  Never seen anything like it.

42 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Eck, who was the head ref, is in the NFL now and someone else's problem now.  I couldn't find info on the other refs.

I remembered reading this at the time, and it's still a great objective analysis of how fucked we got: https://www.barkingcarnival.com/2015/9/29/9420023/saturdays-officiating-was-statistically-significant-by-all-historical

Well thanks for the journey back into PTSD.

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Oklahoma State at Texas

Referee: Alan Eck; Umpire: Tab Slaughter; Linesman: Cal McNeill;
Line judge: Kelly Deterding; Back judge: Donnie Aultman; Field judge: Scott Gains
Side judge: Anthony Flemming

Penalties: OSU 7-40            UT 16-128

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Oklahoma State at Texas

Line judge: Kelly Deterding; Back judge: Donnie Aultman; Field judge: Scott Gains

I was at that rigged game. The youtube videos show how horrible that shit was. Complete disgrace. Even the commentators on tv were hilarious to listen to, they stopped standing up for the crew around the 2nd half. Too obviously and poorly rigged.

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Oklahoma State at Texas

Donnie Aultman posts his prayerful thoughts on his own blog, and yeah, it's him: http://refdevotions.blogspot.com/

Found the shaggy thread on it where people go pretty deep in figuring out who these guys were. It's worth remembering when Big 12 games comes around. That Cal McNeill aggie son of a bitch better never call another fucking Texas game again.

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/163459-The-officiating/page3?s=fc29d2390db6c42b6bd67b293abf60de

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I haven't followed hardly any practice news. What true freshmen are we expecting to play Saturday?

Depending upon how the game goes, every one of them that travels with the team. Sterns is starting. Ossai, Cook, Foster, Ingram, and Dicker are all traveling with the team, as they're on the 2 deep.

Just now, Machinator said:

Don't forget The Punter.

Don't get our hope up that Dickson returned...This is The Punter 2: Electric Digirdoo-galoo. The original story would have been better if Herman called him "The Punter" because he couldn't pronounce Bujcevski. Though I wonder what Herman would have called him if his nickname were 'Titter' instead of 'Dicko'?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Donnie Aultman posts his prayerful thoughts on his own blog, and yeah, it's him: http://refdevotions.blogspot.com/

Found the shaggy thread on it where people go pretty deep in figuring out who these guys were. It's worth remembering when Big 12 games comes around. That Cal McNeill aggie son of a bitch better never call another fucking Texas game again.

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/163459-The-officiating/page3?s=fc29d2390db6c42b6bd67b293abf60de

Is McNeill the same one who "bumped" Strong? That's when I lost it

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Depending upon how the game goes, every one of them that travels with the team. Sterns is starting. Ossai, Cook, Foster, Ingram, and Dicker are all traveling with the team, as they're on the 2 deep.

Several of the frosh receivers should travel as well.  Jamison, Moore and Eagles are all on the 2 deep.

On 8/29/2018 at 2:38 PM, texifornia said:

Not a football school and FedEx Field is a super shitty gameday experience. This should have been in College Park, at least the students like to drink hard and get loud.

Probably expecting 25K+ Texas fans from the DC up through NYC to come in for the game.

Then the weather prediction turned to shit.

53 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Cool.  I started the thread.