Shit's Borked

RPM

19 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Anyone else having an issue where only about half the clickable links on the site work?  I've tried both Chrome and Edge and rebooted and still having issues.  As an example 'Baseball' and 'Other Sports' are the only clickable forum links at the top of the page.

3 minutes ago, G650 said:

Same here. Shit's borked.

2 minutes ago, VRHorn said:

Seeing similar issues with the board links not being clickable on the first few letters (Football, Baseball, etc.)

On my tablet, I am seeing 1000 ads all over the place, despite being Three Fiddy. This is not happening on laptop. This is in Chrome on both devices.

Just now, Red Five said:

Chrome on desktop, some threads/boards can't be clicked on. 

Manually size your browser windows to almost full screen instead of having the window be maximized.  There is definitely something affecting click box areas when browser windows are maximized.

24 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Anyone else having an issue where only about half the clickable links on the site work?  I've tried both Chrome and Edge and rebooted and still having issues.  As an example 'Baseball' and 'Other Sports' are the only clickable forum links at the top of the page.

The orange radio button that lets you go to last read message on the particular thread isnt working (not a clickable) and you cant reset cookies on the cookie monster page (also not clickable).  Win10 Pro, Chrome.  Also did a PC reboot like @Hiphopopotamos

edit:  I see an issue that may or may not help @immamac . Example:  "Tell me about Texas a&m" thread.  From the "x" in Texas and to the left of it nothing is clickable.  Hold true for all threads, which is why the orange circle isnt working. 

Edited by markstanco

Log out and log back in. All of you. 

If you are treefiddy and seeing ads its because your browser is removing meta tags or you have some type of script blocker or something. There is no mechanism to display ads when the meta tag is present it literally doesn't have the assets to load them. 

The site isn't dynamically provisioned for each user account so while there may be intermittent fuckups like the text editor thing not working (was an issue with the library not being loaded via CDN) those are real. What you guys are describing are all issues with browser rendering and not served assets. I'm not trying to be the it guy who is deferring blame, but sometimes shit isn't surlys fault its your computers fault. 

All of those links are the most basic html links possible and if you can't click them it's likely because a stylesheet is borked which means your browser fucked up, not the stylesheet that has legitimately been the same for the last 4 months and just now started doing different things for no good reason. 

Here you go @immamac, as promised. Went two days without it happening, but started again this morning. I am trying to click the entire time, notice I'm unable to click until the curser changes at the end.

Safari on MacOS.

And again, this is very much intermittent issue, not happening constantly, but it does happen enough to make it a pain. I was just able to reproduce on Chrome on the same machine as well.

Edited by UnivTex34

just came here to see if other people are having the same issue. I had noticed it earlier this week but dismissed it as local weirdness - it went away after closing and reopening the tab or something like that.

some of the top page forum links don't work (football, basketball, help, for sale). I noticed that those are on the left or right edge, and the ones that JS1 mentioned are on the left or right edge of the screen - I just tried resizing my window to change which forum links are on the edge and it does seem like whichever ones are there are the ones that don't work. For instance, just resized it so that the line breaks at "Food & Travel", now the links that don't work are Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hobbies, Lulz, Food & Travel, Daily Texan, Cookie Monster.

Also have found that the star icon next to topics (which will take you to the first unread post) dont work sometimes. Broadly my theory is that something is making links in the outer 15% of either side of the window not work.

chrome on macbook btw

Edited by Celery Man

47 minutes ago, markstanco said:

The orange radio button that lets you go to last read message on the particular thread isnt working (not a clickable) and you cant reset cookies on the cookie monster page (also not clickable).  Win10 Pro, Chrome.  Also did a PC reboot like @Hiphopopotamos

edit:  I see an issue that may or may not help @immamac . Example:  "Tell me about Texas a&m" thread.  From the "x" in Texas and to the left of it nothing is clickable.  Hold true for all threads, which is why the orange circle isnt working. 

Same issue here, the orange last read links aren't working, but I am not having trouble clicking anything else it seems. Win10/Edge.

It looks to me like there is a problem with the left edge of the page even when the browser window isn't maximized.  The same issue was occurring on the right side of the page if the screen was maximized (preventing me from clicking on the rep button).  Reverting the browser window to 'normal' (ie. manually sized), fixes the issue with the right side of the page, but the left side still has issues.

It doesn't seem to be a browser dependent issue as it's being reported on Firefox, Chrome and Safari. 

I had no issue using the site with my (Android/Chrome) phone.  I think someone above claimed to experience the issue on a tablet?

It seems like it's not specific to a Theme either as I'm using Surly Dark and others are using IPS Default.

The unclickable area in my PC browser on the left side appears to start (vertically) from the breadcrumb nav bar (Home > Shit's Borked) down through the second to last post.  From the last post to the bottom of the page, the left edge is clickable as expected.

1 minute ago, VRHorn said:

Screenshot from tablet after logging out/in. No changes to anything related to the browser.

Screenshot_20230113-092423_Chrome.jpg

the fact that you are seeing ads is an indicator that your browser is doing something fucky. There is a meta tag for your user group that prevents any of the ad logic from even being rendered, meaning you don't have that meta tag. 

I can clear caches on my side, but I doubt that does anything.

I tested the unclickable area while viewing a different thread/page and while the window was maximized.  The width of the unclickable area was slightly larger than when the window was normal (manually sized and smaller).  The unclickable area started at the same position, but extended down past the last post in the thread.

The unclickable area appears to have a width that is related to the width of the browser window.  The height doesn't appear to be fixed, but I'm not sure what is being factored into it's height.

image.thumb.png.0f8f029a5fa0b67344005680037cbbd4.png

this is the culprit, it's an invisible div meant to show ads in the sidebar, but for some reason it's floating in the middle of the content on lower resolution screens. This is only supposed to be an element on media width > 1400px or something, I'll get with the ezoic team and see why their media query is borked. 

• Hook 'Em 7

Thank you  for contacting Tech Support. All of our technicians are reporting zero problems. You people need to turn off your computers, wait 3 minutes and 11 seconds than log back in as someone else. 

In case you failed to understand  the above, there are no problems, and everything works properly here. You are doing something wrong. Start over.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I haven't had a problem with links going dead, but I've got reaaaalllllyyyyyy slow response for page load after clicking a link, like 15 seconds some times before the loading bar starts. Same behavior across desktop/mobile chrome/Firefox/mobile samsung

31 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I haven't had a problem with links going dead, but I've got reaaaalllllyyyyyy slow response for page load after clicking a link, like 15 seconds some times before the loading bar starts. Same behavior across desktop/mobile chrome/Firefox/mobile samsung

Go to top center of the page and click cookie monster.  Choose change server, then refresh page.  Yur welcome. 

7 hours ago, markstanco said:

Go to top center of the page and click cookie monster.  Choose change server, then refresh page.  Yur welcome. 

I mean, that's a band aid not a fix lol. But also, I appreciate that fixing shit takes much more time and this is just a side hustle for imma so I don't mind a little jank 

On 1/13/2023 at 9:48 AM, immamac said:

image.thumb.png.0f8f029a5fa0b67344005680037cbbd4.png

this is the culprit, it's an invisible div meant to show ads in the sidebar, but for some reason it's floating in the middle of the content on lower resolution screens. This is only supposed to be an element on media width > 1400px or something, I'll get with the ezoic team and see why their media query is borked. 

So it wasn't my browser? Or my other browser?