Shit's Borked

RPM

This site is timing out on me with increasing frequency. It started happening within the past few weeks. At first it was occasional and sporadic. It seemed like some times of day were bad and then it wouldn’t happen for long stretches. Today I’m lucky to view three pages without a timeout. I just deleted my cookies, rebooted, and it timed out again when I was trying to log in. It doesn’t happen for any other sites. My internet connection is fine.

Anyone rose experiencing that? Let’s see if I’m able to upload a screen shot and post this message.

076BA60D-F614-447D-9905-61A7131369C1.thumb.png.2516d8812cd81d848b9dcd0339ed41bb.png

Okay, screen shot uploaded. Attempting to post...

Success!

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

There are tons of posts with no content. I’m thinking they are tweets? You can see missing content in the recruiting thread for example. 

Yep. Twitter is stupid. I need someone to write me a Twitter embed ripper thing so we can just serve native instead of from their servers. 

Just started getting notifications from Tapa for my subscribed content now.... a year later. I know [mention=397]immamac[/mention] put in a ticket many months ago but it seems to be working. Not sure if that was it or something else but thank you 0280b6126b3f2b851a9e1be3dcb56683.jpg

Same here. Notifications started working yesterday evening for me. They've sporadically worked for a day or two here and there, but it would be a notification for the same thing 4 or 5 times, or it would be a week old. So far these seem to be working like they should.

1 hour ago, Chips O'Toole said:

Posted on the ads thread, but I can't get on the site on a mobile device without getting a bukkake amount of ads. Logged in, chrome mobile on iphone or Android. I've resorted to using Firefox mobile with ublock but it sucks ass because Firefox mobile is pure garbage. 

That's weird. I will check on it. 

I’d noticed this off and on over the last few weeks, but now it seems to be happening almost every time I open a thread. They’re all opening at the top of the page following my last read. I have to go back one page, then scroll up/down to find the page break from where I left off. 

My settings are “Take me to content I haven’t read” but I thought that used to read as “take me to the first unread post” or something of that nature. Anybody having the same problem?

Chrome on iPhone btw

Edited by SquishMitten

8 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

I’d noticed this off and on over the last few weeks, but now it seems to be happening almost every time I open a thread. They’re all opening at the top of the page following my last read. I have to go back one page, then scroll up/down to find the page break from where I left off. 

My settings are “Take me to content I haven’t read” but I thought that used to read as “take me to the first unread post” or something of that nature. Anybody having the same problem?

Chrome on iPhone btw

That’s weird. I’ll see if I can get this to happen logged in as you chrome on iPhone.