Shit's Borked

RPM

9 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

I am on a mobile. 
Correct. Page crashes and I have to reload (or it self reloads) each time to finally load. Sometimes like on the Ukraine thread it never is able to fully load, but I just blame emiller for his many twitter posts for that :)

yeah twitter crashes mobile. what kind of phone are you using? 

Just now, UnivTex34 said:

@immamac I'm getting lots of origin errors today. Clicking threads. trying to navigate to the main url. Doing searches. It's random, and doesn't happen with every click, but happening quite a bit. Server is big.

yeah I am working on something and the backup load balancer shit the bed.

8 hours ago, South Austin said:

image.gif.21a76977c0cfa96046d968dcf3451784.gif

This is amazingly timely. I have one of our cities suppling officers for traffic control on a project in an intersection, and the Lt. who coordinates assignment is all 'I retire next week'. I'm like how the fuck did we get Danny Glover from Lethal Weapon as our guy?

17 hours ago, G650 said:

This is amazingly timely. I have one of our cities suppling officers for traffic control on a project in an intersection, and the Lt. who coordinates assignment is all 'I retire next week'. I'm like how the fuck did we get Danny Glover from Lethal Weapon as our guy?

RIP to that guy.

it's taking a good 12-15 seconds, sometimes longer, for any page to load, any forum. seems to have just started on the last day or so, but i haven't been on much this week. tried the cookie/server delete and change, doesn't seem to have improved.

i'm on a Galaxy s22. also tried my Surface as well and did not have the same issue. 

any suggestions? 🤔

4 minutes ago, mchookem said:

it's taking a good 12-15 seconds, sometimes longer, for any page to load, any forum. seems to have just started on the last day or so, but i haven't been on much this week. tried the cookie/server delete and change, doesn't seem to have improved.

i'm on a Galaxy s22. also tried my Surface as well and did not have the same issue. 

any suggestions? 🤔

Try spamming refresh and see if it’s a weird cache thing. Sounds device specific. The only other thing I would try is clearing site data for this site only in settings for your browser. It will log you out but it starts fresh. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, SDG said:

Sent an email and Ricks response was “treefiddy expired and borked your permissions”.   

my treefiddy hasn’t expired.  What’s the deal dude?..   

I didn't do a thorough investigation. It looks like you somehow had 2 subscriptions on different renewal dates and one got canceled and the other is still going but that messed everything up in your permissions. 

There is no deal, I just saw what borked your stuff and fixed it and told you the thing that triggered it was expiring treefiddy because it was. 

25 minutes ago, immamac said:

Verizon? 

Yes. I’ve tried other browsers, changing settings and was coming to the conclusion after others comments that it must be a carrier thing. Imbedded items like tweets work. It’s only jpgs and png type inserts. My iPhone just updated to 16.5 a few days ago also. Might be a factor. Maybe it will work itself out in a few days. I’ll keep researching and let everyone know when it changes or is fixed. 

38 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Yes. I’ve tried other browsers, changing settings and was coming to the conclusion after others comments that it must be a carrier thing. Imbedded items like tweets work. It’s only jpgs and png type inserts. My iPhone just updated to 16.5 a few days ago also. Might be a factor. Maybe it will work itself out in a few days. I’ll keep researching and let everyone know when it changes or is fixed. 

This is super weird that verizon is blocking media.surlyhorns but not actual surlyhorns

46 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

can you try to change your DNS server in your iphone? do you know how to do this? If you change it to 1.1.1.1 and it still happens I'll know it's Verizon fuckery on their DNS servers for sure. 

https://developers.cloudflare.com/1.1.1.1/setup/ios/

5 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Downloaded that app, connected, restarted my phone and everything works now. Thanks for the help!

that's messed up that vz is messing with me like that. for others who want this unblocked you don't have to use the app you can configure it manually (and I highly recommend you not use ISP DNS ever as it's not encrypted) 

There's the 3 options, using the manual option will apply this for all networks you connect to and keep your DNS queries secure/encrypted. 

• Hook 'Em 1