Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

8 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Mike McCarthy is a better coach than Tom Herman

Go get Mike Sherman for offensive line coach.  He's literally doing nothing. Then get a Urban or whoever.  But there's a great offensive line coach twiddling his thumbs right now for the taking.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Tom isn't getting fired anytime soon and we all know it deep down.

This is true. We will likely lose one of our 2 games in Kansas, and Herman will still be our head coach next season.

He is the Wagon Queen Family Truckster of coaches. You may hate him now, but wait until you see him in 2021!

Vacation_006Pyxurz-1024x720.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

I have never rooted against our team. Today was no different. I will never root against them. HOWEVER, this is the first time in my memory that I am at peace with the outcome should it prove to benefit the program going forward. 

I mean.  I'm far from effing at peace, but do understand the sentiment.

From IT in a thread titled “that was the nail”

Per a very good source that was the end of the Herman era for all intents and purposes.

I do not know when the official call will be made and I won’t handicap Scenario 1 at this time. 

If Urban Meyer does decide he wants the job, his Fox duties don’t end until 12-19.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tracer Bullet said:

I'm trying to figure out if that is an actual fact or not, as I haven't been able to find out via the Google

According to USA Today’s 2020 college football coaches salary database published today, Herman’s buyout as of Dec. 1 of this year stands at $15,416,667. 

https://247sports.com/Article/Tom-Herman-buyout-Texas-Longhorns-2020-contract-figures-152980330/

The above quote is from this article

1 minute ago, RGBIII said:

From IT in a thread titled “that was the nail”

Per a very good source that was the end of the Herman era for all intents and purposes.

I do not know when the official call will be made and I won’t handicap Scenario 1 at this time. 

If Urban Meyer does decide he wants the job, his Fox duties don’t end until 12-19.

If Urban is hired before 12-19, maybe will go on Big Noon Kickoff and pimp Texas and his new job for all recruits to see--nationwide.    

• Hook 'Em 1

-Tom wasted what should have been the season we win the Big 12.

- ou with a young team that should be rebuilding won the rivalry game and is set to win the conference.

- The sheep rapists in college station are a top 5 team.

- Herman is unable to attract legacy recruits.

Are there any more reasons that the BMD's need to step in and force CDC's hand?

• Like 3

And Tom gave some excuse about parity in the Big 12 and how the winner may have 2 losses.

Parity doesn't mean that all the teams are really good and beating up on one-another.  Parity could mean that all the teams are sucky or average and that YOU didn't take advantage of the situation.  Parity works when, say, LSU, Bama, Florida, and Auburn are all good and competitive.  Parity does not work when we're talking about 2-star Iowa State beating a very down OU for the CCG.

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

i mean yeah, but also that game should never have been that close.

I agree, but it amazes me with all of the ways Herman has handicapped this season, we would not be having this conversation with Ingram's fumble. This team succeeded in spite of Herman to an extent

• Hook 'Em 1

They paid 7 million dollars for this dumb fuck to go for it on 4th . 4th and season and Herman didn’t make a pro choice or a college choice and certainly not a 7 million dollar one, he made an idiotic choice. The dumbest that could be made. A missed fg leaves him the same choice he made. Disgrace. He’s an idiot for a school that prides itself on smart decisions and students. 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

CDC's one and only job is to make sure the football is great.  his loyalty should be to the University of Texas not a bunch of overpaid shitty coaches.

not firing this fake douche coach right now is a fireable offense for CDC.  Get this shit done now so you don't handcuff the next guy.  I don't give a fuck anymore about how we look. I would like to not be the laughingstock of college football any more and I'd like to not have our high point to be looking like Cal.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas