Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

On 10/13/2018 at 11:15 PM, kopp0e said:

I thought Mack received a buyout, or some such..?

For clarification, receiving a "buyout" does not indicate whether someone was fired, retired, etc.  A coach has a contract of a term of years.  That contract has very narrow terms (dead girl, live boy stuff), where the coach can be terminated with no further obligation from either party.  If the coach leaves early voluntarily, as by retirement, he forfeits the balance of the pay under the term of his contract and may even expose himself to damages for having to find a replacement prematurely.  If the University sends him on his way before the end of the contract, they will owe him some sum of money due under the balance of the contract. 

A buyout is the result of negotiation of these terms and sums of money. It does not reflect whether the coach was terminated or left voluntarily.

Mack was fired.  No other way he was leaving upright.  He may have been permitted to call it retirement, and DeLo$$ had extended his contract to 20 fucking 20, so he was owed a tidy sum.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

For clarification, receiving a "buyout" does not indicate whether someone was fired, retired, etc.  A coach has a contract of a term of years.  That contract has very narrow terms (dead girl, live boy stuff), where the coach can be terminated with no further obligation from either party.  If the coach leaves early voluntarily, as by retirement, he forfeits the balance of the pay under the term of his contract and may even expose himself to damages for having to find a replacement prematurely.  If the University sends him on his way before the end of the contract, they will owe him some sum of money due under the balance of the contract. 

A buyout is the result of negotiation of these terms and sums of money. It does not reflect whether the coach was terminated or left voluntarily.

Mack was fired.  No other way he was leaving upright.  He may have been permitted to call it retirement, and DeLo$$ had extended his contract to 20 fucking 20, so he was owed a tidy sum.

I think the contract extension actually reduced his buyout even as it increased his theoretical term under the contract. I think it was mostly for appearances, to convince potential recruits that the coaching situation was stable.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:12 PM, tonedeaf said:

I got negged to oblivion when someone posted "show me a loss" and I showed him several.  Fuck that tom herman ass hole piece of shit.  I never liked that prick.  We got what we ask for today.  Hired the first big name corch and paid him a ton of 💰.  Maybe next time we will actually conduct a search.  Oh fuck, who am I kidding.  Fuck TH.

I can't say for sure, but I'm betting you kinda love Tom right now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

I can't say for sure, but I'm betting you kinda love Tom right now.

Wow...of all the folks that were calling for his head, you picked me.  Im touched.  :)  Love?  No, but I do love my horns.  Before Maryland, I was hoping for 8-4 plus a bowl win.  After Maryland I was thinking 4-8.  Crow is tasting real good right now.  Still lots to play.  I am hopeful to win out but have to wait and see about that.  

Also, one of me pet peeves with Herman is he always tries to make you think he is the smartest in the room.  Then I realized that he is in a room full of Kirk Bowels and Chip Brownstains.  So he probably is.  

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:23 PM, MrPhlegm said:

Coach Memorial?

When did he coach Texas?

Cause DKR DID NOT WALK AWAY HE WAS FIRED.

By this cocksucker
2465b66bdd1b160eac7c613b1e019975.jpg

DKR was not fired.  He was tired of the crap and walked away.  He openly campaigned for Mike Campbell (his DC) to be the head coach.  The powers that be at that time hated him hanging around low-lifes like Willie Nelson and wanted a different image,  so they hired Fred Akers.  Then made Royal the AD.  Quite a volatile  situation.  But he was not fired.  It might have been mutual, but he was not fired.  

15 minutes ago, tonedeaf said:

Wow...of all the folks that were calling for his head, you picked me.  Im touched.  :)  Love?  No, but I do love my horns.  Before Maryland, I was hoping for 8-4 plus a bowl win.  After Maryland I was thinking 4-8.  Crow is tasting real good right now.  Still lots to play.  I am hopeful to win out but have to wait and see about that.  

Also, one of me pet peeves with Herman is he always tries to make you think he is the smartest in the room.  Then I realized that he is in a room full of Kirk Bowels and Chip Brownstains.  So he probably is.  

FCB-SPARKLERS.jpg

• Like 2

I was pretty angry after the Maryland game.  I was disgruntled by the Tulsa game.  I was pleased and surprised by the USC game.

after beating OUSuxs, I am fully on board with our Corch.  I am a demanding fan who has been cheering and going to games since 1968.  I have shook Earl, The MAN, Campbell’s hand, bought Ricky a couple of beers and have loved every player who ever put on the Burnt Orange.

i am happy when we win and pissed when we don’t and the first target of both the love and the anger is the man with the big pay check.

So Tom, right now I love you!  Beat the ever living crap out of Okie-lite!

• Like 5

I don't understand y'all's weird obsession with Chip Brown.

Reportedly, he purposely created a hit piece on Texas, timed to coincide with key recruiting dates to inflict maximum damage. The rumor is that he did it in exchange for the forgiving of gambling debts. That is a rumor. Who knows whether it’s true, but the timing of his hit piece is indisputable. It came at a very unusual time.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

He did negative recruiting against Texas to help OU. Or at least that is what Surly has concluded.

Not Surly. Here are the facts: He ADMITTED in a lengthy excuspolgy email to his cohorts that he did not have all the facts when he wrote his attack article that the Buchele family was pulling out. I shared his email on a much scattier website. He also attacked Herman in the same article.  Someone who is insane enough to subscribe to his shite website is welcome to share the article. 

Here are the rumors: His retraction occurred after the Buchele family threatened to sue the hell out of him. This, coupled with other unsubstantiated attacks on Herman in the same article, coincided with a key recruit choosing OU over the program during the dead period. Thanks, Chip. 

Here is my opinion: Chip has outlasted his ability to entertain Texas followers or contribute positively to the program. I suggest he take his talents to another program. 

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Zavala said:

I agree... 

Too many times OU came out of the locker room with a chip on their shoulder and an attitude, then went about the business of punching our shit in.

This time around, it was opposite. At some point during the game, they brought up Riley runs a finesse type of offense. It put the biggest grin on my face. That was one of Mack's bigger issues (beside his pussy hanging out), we come out wanting to finesse it down the field while OU was playing smash mouth football. 

I would love a dozen or so years of us being the more physical beasts while OU tries to mackbrowntexasfootball.com it.

DKR was not fired.  He was tired of the crap and walked away.  He openly campaigned for Mike Campbell (his DC) to be the head coach.  The powers that be at that time hated him hanging around low-lifes like Willie Nelson and wanted a different image,  so they hired Fred Akers.  Then made Royal the AD.  Quite a volatile  situation.  But he was not fired.  It might have been mutual, but he was not fired.  
He was fired you twit.
  • Fuck You 1

11 hours ago, Gaffords said:

I agree... 

Too many times OU came out of the locker room with a chip on their shoulder and an attitude, then went about the business of punching our shit in.

This time around, it was opposite. At some point during the game, they brought up Riley runs a finesse type of offense. It put the biggest grin on my face. That was one of Mack's bigger issues (beside his pussy hanging out), we come out wanting to finesse it down the field while OU was playing smash mouth football. 

I would love a dozen or so years of us being the more physical beasts while OU tries to mackbrowntexasfootball.com it.

Lincoln Riley just needs a catch phrase like "survive the surge" or "scares you to death" and the transformation will be complete.

2 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:
19 hours ago, tonedeaf said:

He was fired you twit.

Normally they dont fire someone then make them the athletic director. 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas
  • immamac unfeatured this topic