Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

Listening to Herman's post game and the player interviews on LHN piss me off even more. Yes, you were NOT supposed to lose to a fucking interim coach and team in disarray. Maryland is a bottom of the road Big 10 team. Show some anger and talk about how unacceptable this shit really is and how embarrassed you are for the University of Texas and all its fans. Go eat some more pizza. Shook

• Like 3

Everyone is spending all of their time "trying to be perfect." This was said many times during post-game interviews.
This raises a lot of red flags. When I hear shit like this, it reminds me of a workplace where everyone is on pins and needles when the boss is around because they are scared of making mistakes. People are just going through the motions.
No real work is being done, no progress is being made, and the only thing that matters is the boss swinging his dick around to create the perception that he is the smartest person in the room and has all of his people in line.
When it comes time to perform, everyone fails miserably.

Yup. Great post. I supported the Herman hire because he seemed to be the hot coach, and I don’t have a multi-million dollar budget to evaluate head coaching candidates. However, I stated on shaggy when he was hired that I was worried about two things. He is an enormous douchebag and his navy seal-like bullshit training was the wrong way to motivate young players of today.

I didn’t see a team out there today. How many times did players encourage each other? When did they get excited? I didn’t see players who seemed to really care. I didn’t see heart. The whole philosophy of Herman could be dramatically wrong. Here’s two examples.

The bull ring. What does it do? It’s supposed to build toughness. But does it tear down teamwork? Does it draw divides in the locker room? Does it turn players against each other?

How about the three categories of player performance? How do you think the 33% in the bottom third feel every day? How do you think they are treated by the 2/3? Do you think that builds teamwork? That shit works with Navy Seals because they are incredibly focused, self-motivated individuals. The high school football player isn’t a damn navy seal.

What about Herman himself? What about that bs comment he made when he was hired about how great it was to get the hot wife and all the spoils of success? Is that a team guy, or a snake oil salesman cashing in a massive paycheck and laughing all the way to the bank.

This problem isn’t just turning around an underperforming team. This could be a head coach that is simply doing it mostly wrong.
  • Like 2

Saturday
Sep. 8
Tulsa Football Schedule Tulsa Golden HurricaneDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX 8:00pm ETLHN Buy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 15
USC Football Schedule USC TrojansDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX 8:00pm ETFOX Buy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 22
TCU Football Schedule TCU Horned FrogsDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 29
Kansas State Football Schedule at Kansas State WildcatsBill Snyder Family Stadium, Manhattan, KS Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 6
Oklahoma Football Schedule vs Oklahoma SoonersCotton Bowl Stadium, Dallas, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 13
Baylor Football Schedule Baylor BearsDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 20
  OFF    
Saturday
Oct. 27
Oklahoma State Football Schedule at Oklahoma State CowboysBoone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, OK Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 3
West Virginia Football Schedule West Virginia MountaineersDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 10
Texas Tech Football Schedule at Texas Tech Red RaidersJones AT&T Stadium, Lubbock, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 17
Iowa State Football Schedule Iowa State CyclonesDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX 8:00pm ETLHN Buy Tickets
Friday
Nov. 23
Kansas Football Schedule at Kansas JayhawksMemorial Stadium, Lawrence, KS 12:00pm ET
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:
Saturday
Sep. 8
Tulsa Football Schedule Tulsa Golden HurricaneDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX 8:00pm ETLHN Buy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 15
USC Football Schedule USC TrojansDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX 8:00pm ETFOX Buy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 22
TCU Football Schedule TCU Horned FrogsDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 29
Kansas State Football Schedule at Kansas State WildcatsBill Snyder Family Stadium, Manhattan, KS Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 6
Oklahoma Football Schedule vs Oklahoma SoonersCotton Bowl Stadium, Dallas, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 13
Baylor Football Schedule Baylor BearsDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 20
  OFF    
Saturday
Oct. 27
Oklahoma State Football Schedule at Oklahoma State CowboysBoone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, OK Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 3
West Virginia Football Schedule West Virginia MountaineersDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 10
Texas Tech Football Schedule at Texas Tech Red RaidersJones AT&T Stadium, Lubbock, TX Time TBA ETTV TBA Buy Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 17
Iowa State Football Schedule Iowa State CyclonesDKR-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, TX 8:00pm ETLHN Buy Tickets
Friday
Nov. 23
Kansas Football Schedule at Kansas JayhawksMemorial Stadium, Lawrence, KS 12:00pm ET

Show me a win

Honest question - has any coach at a big time program, in recent history, not gotten shit together by year 2 and still worked out? 

I guess you can say you need to be patient, but I’d say the writing is on the wall.  Hit eject and take the next one   If we don’t have 8 wins, TH isn’t the guy   

Herman is gonna sell us that we are 2014 OSU losing to VaTech. Hahahahahaha...

3 minutes ago, Focht Up said:

I'll assume we lose every game.  Any win will be a surprise.  Maryland is really, really good.  I'd bet they win 5 games this year

Lol. Maryland was the worst defense in the Big 10 last year. Their last game before this was a 66-3 loss to Penn State, who just barely survived App State in OT.

And on top of that, they don't have a head coach and are in utter chaos.

Fuck him. Fire him tonight. Every day is wasted time. We know what we’ve got. And it’s a pile of soiled diapers. He’s a stack of shit. 

But Texas will suck for another three years because “You have to give him time...” FUCK NO. NOTHING WILL CHANGE. We saw it with Charlie. Nothing will change. 

6 minutes ago, LonghornGoodfella said:

Listening to Herman's post game and the player interviews on LHN piss me off even more. Yes, you were NOT supposed to lose to a fucking interim coach and team in disarray. Maryland is a bottom of the road Big 10 team. Show some anger and talk about how unacceptable this shit really is and how embarrassed you are for the University of Texas and all its fans. Go eat some more pizza. Shook

One thing I noticed about Macks early recruiting was that he went after kids who won a LOT of games in HS.  Sometimes not the highest rated kid, and a lot of QBs because they are often the best atheletes on the team.  

Getting kids who are used to winning, who know how to win and are actually bothered by losing is a good thing.   I'm too lazy to look it up but Clemson having several high round draft picks come back because they have unfinished business is what people used to winning do.  

So this brings my question about our NFL exodus last year:  was it because they dislike the coaches so much, they didn't see any chance of doing something great here if they came back,  some other reasons, or all of the above?   

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Asked how big a setback this loss was, Tom Herman said, "Not very."

What an arrogant fuck.

And then proceeded to talk about how the goal is competing for the conference title. Fucking LOL, you just lost to fucking Maryland. 

6 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Honest question - has any coach at a big time program, in recent history, not gotten shit together by year 2 and still worked out? 

I guess you can say you need to be patient, but I’d say the writing is on the wall.  Hit eject and take the next one   If we don’t have 8 wins, TH isn’t the guy   

Herman is gonna sell us that we are 2014 OSU losing to VaTech. Hahahahahaha...

The only one I can think of is dabo but he was a fucking WR coach that got promoted.

• Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

So far, Tom Herman is Charlie Strong without all the likability.

I hope Herman can turn this around.  But I'm doubtful at this point.

TH is Mackovic 2.0,..... but without the success.

At least he crushed my hope early, so now I have other Saturday plans......

The season appears grim after this MY loss.

We have to let the season play out, and see where we wind up.

Texas will almost certainly win enough games to give Herman another year - that's reality.

We will see where 5 to 7 wins affects our recruiting, but, with aggy having a proven coach, grim is all I can conclude.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Re: Coaching Search

Mike Gundy tries to leave Oklahoma State every other year, T Boone and the AD are publicly bitching about him not recruiting 5 Stars to Stillwater, and he has out pretty damn good teams for a decade in the Big 12 with several different staffs and coordinators.

Are we going to make the pie in the sky Saban gore?  No.   But I would target Gundy and be fine with it.

As Kinky Friedman said:”Why the hell not?”

I will grow  a mullet too if it means  winning some games.

Losing is now a habit on the 40 acres.....

11 minutes ago, XOVERX said:

The season appears grim after this MY loss.

We have to let the season play out, and see where we wind up.

Texas will almost certainly win enough games to give Herman another year - that's reality.

We will see where 5 to 7 wins affects our recruiting, but, with aggy having a proven coach, grim is all I can conclude.

Weak babydick faggot thinking Jumbo from the Semiholes is legit. Honestly, just start buying the maroon gear instead of the Burnt orange at Walmart. Nobody thinks you graduated from either.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

OU had to find one a few weeks before last season and they only made it to the playoffs. 

Well, Lincoln Riley is a great offensive mind who actually wants to direct the offense instead of handing the keys to some asshole on the Sooner staff.  And he also had a pretty good offensive unit at his disposal.  TH's only real advantage is as a play caller and the apparent ability to get his teams up for big games while losing to SMU and UMD.  He needs to get his ass real interested in doing what he does best, because he's kinda a shitty CEO coach, and he'll find his stay in Austin to be very short otherwise.

And he needs to eat nothing but burnt toast and overcooked eggs until is offense scores more than 28 points against an opponent not named Tulsa.

39 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

then lets stop saying the same shit. Lets cut all the shit . in the last 10 years how many conference championships or divisional championships has the number one revenue generator won?

embarrassing 

Money doesn't suit up and play and everybody spends a ridiculous shitload on their football program. We have no serious advantages unless we can start paying the players.

26 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Weak babydick faggot thinking Jumbo from the Semiholes is legit. Honestly, just start buying the maroon gear instead of the Burnt orange at Walmart. Nobody thinks you graduated from either.

Dude, we're all upset, even depressed. No need to get personal.

Right now, if it were up to me, if I was AD, I'd start a list for the next HC.

But Herman isn't going anywhere until the end of next year unless, possibly, we only win 2 or 3.

I think we'll probably win 5 to 7, given this MY loss. I hope we hit 11. Yeah, right.

As for graduating from Texas, I got mine on the wall. I've been around since the days of "It don't make a shit." Kind of like you.

Edited by XOVERX

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas
  • immamac featured this topic
  • immamac unfeatured this topic