Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

2 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Too bad there are 4 Gdamn quarters in a football game.  Also, it's one thing to lose a quarter (barely) against a superior team (it happens).  It's entirely different to look like an unprepared bunch of crap against a team that didn't even have a coach.

He's a fucking clown.

The only way this season is salvageable is to beat usc, ou and tcu and somehow win 8 games and show some real fight after a loss like this. 

A decade of this tells me we will see nothing but ups and downs again and almost beating good teams, barely squeaking by average teams and finding ways to lose another game like today.

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I might be wrong, but it has always seemed to me that championships are won by coaches and players who absolutely abhor losing.

did you see the quotes by Colin Johnson and PJ Locke?

CJ: “Maryland’s a great team and came ready to play. Losing doesn’t make you a loser.”

PJ Locke: "We’ve got to move on. We can’t let Maryland beat us twice.”

11 minutes ago, GhostofDanJones said:

In the press conference he was talking about how well the team is prepared, looking forward to the season, improved this and that, blah blah blah. Lying mother fucker! 

you're giving him too much credit.  he wasn't lying as much as he just can't evaluate the preparedness of his team.  

There is really no disincentive to losing when coaching at a school with this type of bankroll.

Golden parachutes and other “set for life” soft landing  cushions.

Losing to Maryland is like losing to Rutgers ...It should be a fireable offense, esp 2years in a row.

But we did that with Cal and it’s part of the new low bar, pseudo performance expectation.

The job requirements, despite the exorbitant salary, are purely imaginary and no one is held to account for their shitty results.

Instead, they are paid handsomely  to go away. That’s the disease right there.

Edited by El Squared
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

The only way this season is salvageable is to beat usc, ou and tcu and somehow win 8 games and show some real fight after a loss like this. 

A decade of this tells me we will see nothing but ups and downs again and almost beating good teams, barely squeaking by average teams and finding ways to lose another game like today.

After today I would be thrilled with 8 wins, I don't care who they come against.

4 minutes ago, naija said:

did you see the quotes by Colin Johnson and PJ Locke?

CJ: “Maryland’s a great team and came ready to play. Losing doesn’t make you a loser.”

PJ Locke: "We’ve got to move on. We can’t let Maryland beat us twice.

Mack Brown pretty much invented that line.  

To his credit, he really backed it up, though.  

5 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Losing doesn't make you a loser?  What does it make you?

You didn’t lose....you are runner up, achieved 2nd place. 

I guess the players are being given lines from motivational speakers and AMWay pep rallies in addition to orange slices.

I bet the parents and coaches make an arm tunnel for the players to run under as they exit the plane tonight, with Barney’s theme song playing in the background......

Edited by El Squared
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Now this is a bizzare over reaction.

If you graduated from Texas, you're still a Longhorn, despite the ineptitude of our football coach.

I am a Longhorn but not one more red cent will be spent on supporting this abortion of a football program.  The only money I will spend is betting against this soft and stupid team the rest of this year.  That is until Texas becomes the underdog after USC then they just lose. 

Tulsa will cover and if these players do their normal boneheaded play, hell they may win.  USC will curb stomp us and when OU comes around there will be no fight in this dog of a team.  

• Fuck You 1

33 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Honest question I asked earlier but got lost in the game thread: when was the last time we showed up and played a crisp, well coached, well executed game?

Was it Ohio State in the fiesta bowl like 10 years ago?

OU 2015.

and no im not kidding, there wasnt 1 fucking moment in that game that we were behind, and we had a 2 score lead with less than 8 mins to play, and we ran out the fucking clock on them, kneeling at their 3 yard line in the ultimate show of fuck you

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RadiologyHorn said:

The chicken little and hyperbole on this board over the next week is going to be some next level shit. 

There would be less if the head coach took responsibility for the loss, and said his team was unprepared, underestimated the opponent and said this loss hurt a lot.

Instead, the jackass said the loss wasn't that big a deal and said his team was ready to go. 

So, it's okay to note this and go ahead and justifiably call Herman's shit to the carpet.

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas
  • immamac featured this topic
  • immamac unfeatured this topic