Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

On 9/1/2018 at 8:20 PM, BurntEyes said:

Now this is a bizzare over reaction.

If you graduated from Texas, you're still a Longhorn, despite the ineptitude of our football coach.

After calming down and realizing that Texas football is just average I pulled all of my gear back out.  I was just livid, bought the kool aid one too many times.  Texas is just like aggy, average at best in college football.  SAD face smiley here.  Not a troll either, just an old alum that wants us to be better.  

This is going to be the year that makes or breaks Texas football.  I don't think Herman can do it.  Just my opinion and don't mean to rain on you guys and gals parade.

• Fuck You 6

2 minutes ago, MOODY said:

After calming down and realizing that Texas football is just average I pulled all of my gear back out.  I was just livid, bought the kool aid one too many times.  Texas is just like aggy, average at best in college football.  SAD face smiley here.  Not a troll either, just an old alum that wants us to be better.  

This is going to be the year that makes or breaks Texas football.  I don't think Herman can do it.  Just my opinion and don't mean to rain on you guys and gals parade.

Texas is nothing like aggy. 

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

You might want to look up Texas record against Bill Snyder.

As far as 50/50 against USC, well you are entitled to your opinion. I think you're a hopeless romantic, and I'd say it's a lot lower than 50/50. However, that's all just so much jibber jabber. I hope you're right, but I'm pretty confident you aren't and I think it could get ugly.

I think it's going to be Tom's rout 66

You know what, I seriously wouldn't be so certain we are going to win.
We should fucking win no doubt, but I that is how little faith I have in this staff and team. I'm worried about losing to fucking Tulsa. 
Let me say that again to make sure we are clear.
I'm not sure the Texas Longhorns will beat Tulsa in.. wait for it FOOTBALL.
As such, does this dinner have an extra seat and does anyone want my ticket?
Then again.. wait, it might be the only victory I get to watch in person. 
Fuck me...

If we lose to Tulsa, that would mean that Mensa lost the locker room Varsity Blues style.

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I had heart failure back in 2005. In a somewhat good recovery although I wound up with Afib out of it. Had a heart attack last November in the doctors have been pushing for either a defibrillator or pacemaker even prior to that. The afib is got to the point where I can feel it continually like something's about to bust out of my chest and why bit for the shortness of breath on a pretty regular basis if I get stressed or excited. Last time I went to the cardiologist few months ago he said the defibrillator at this point would do no good and if they were going to want to do a biventricular pacemaker which they felt would be very beneficial. Hoping and praying for the best.

My professional recommendations:

1. Get the pacer, as planned

2. Learn to do deep breathing exercises; excellent for almost immediate stress relief in really bad situations (patient coding in ER, on the battlefield, etc)

3. Turn off the fucking TV on Saturdays this fall

4 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

My worry is that Surly is on the edge of UT fandom. I wonder if the rank and file just accept the status quo.

Surly isn't the only place I go to for UT football op-ed. I think you underestimate just how much of a laughingstock this loss has made of Herman and Texas. Everyone who's a Texas fan and booster is hearing it now.

What surprises me is that there's support left for him at all.

2 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

My professional recommendations:

1. Get the pacer, as planned

2. Learn to do deep breathing exercises; excellent for almost immediate stress relief in really bad situations (patient coding in ER, on the battlefield, etc)

3. Turn off the fucking TV on Saturdays this fall

100 percent on the deep breathing. I've been working on that and it has been very helpful.

6 hours ago, DixonHur said:

I'll admit I was on the Herman train when he was hired.  That soured a bit when given carte blanche he hired a rag-tag team of coordinators, then a bit more when he hired the Baylor douche.  When he didn't fire Beck after last season, I was hanging by a thread, but trusted he knew what he was doing.  Now I'm completely off the train and want him gone yesterday.  

The problem is were already paying at least one ex-coach (not sure if we're still paying Mack), so I don't see the BMDs shelling out for another one.  I think the only way we get rid of Herman is if the Ohio State thing brings any new information to the surface and we can terminate for cause.

I think McWilliams might still be working in the Athletic Department.  

I had a big long lost but fuck it, what's the point. I'm surprised more are on hermans back and not becks. I get why-It's his choice and guy but it's like Watson and Charlie and everyone went after Watson. 

All I really want is the young offensive coordinator hire. Not the same trend we have been following. That's all. I can't stand our run game and feel bad for Jamison because of if. 

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn

29 minutes ago, The Golden Hat said:

Fuck off troll.

Why I don't get a voice in the Texas has problems thread?  Just so you know we, and I mean the Texas football team, have around a .500 record since the Alabama national championship game.  Is that fucking acceptable?  

When I was in school we got Fred Akers fired because he could not score any points.  Every issue of the Daily Texan had something negative about Fred.  God would I love to have Fred right now.  Met him, liked him.

So F' off about this troll shit.  I was doom and gloom on Shaggy and motherfucker this team is doom and gloom again.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

3 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I go in for my pacemaker procedure next Monday. I hope Tom Herman & Company don't kill my ass before then. There were a couple times during the games I had to turn the damn thing off and go back and watch bits and pieces of it on DVR. Absolutely sickening. It would be nice to see the horns on top one last time before I go to the Happy Hunting Ground although I'm not holding my freaking breath

You lived to see Vince.  So you've got that going for you, which is nice.

• Like 2

L

W

L

W

L

W

W

L

W

L

W

Same as last year, different order and we trade TT for ISU.   Our team is more experienced than last year which almost always means better when dealing with developing underclassmen into upperclassmen.  

But defense lost the best player at each position, and offense still has the same shitty OC.  So push.  

22 minutes ago, MOODY said:

Why I don't get a voice in the Texas has problems thread?  Just so you know we, and I mean the Texas football team, have around a .500 record since the Alabama national championship game.  Is that fucking acceptable?  

When I was in school we got Fred Akers fired because he could not score any points.  Every issue of the Daily Texan had something negative about Fred.  God would I love to have Fred right now.  Met him, liked him.

So F' off about this troll shit.  I was doom and gloom on Shaggy and motherfucker this team is doom and gloom again.  

I can't imagine the Daily Texan writing anything critical of a TX head coach these days. 

25 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I had a big long lost but fuck it, what's the point. I'm surprised more are on hermans back and not becks. I get why-It's his choice and guy but it's like Watson and Charlie and everyone went after Watson. 

All I really want is the young offensive coordinator hire. Not the same trend we have been following. That's all. I can't stand our run game and feel bad for Jamison because of if. 

Because hiring a new OC won’t fix our issues, just like it didn’t for Mack or Charlie. The problem is at the top, even more so for Herman because this is his offense, these are his shitty plays we can’t execute, his shitty play calls (see the bowl game), his shitty personnel decisions, his shitty staff that he hired. Why would you trust him to get it right with a do over? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

You think we’ll beat oSu in Stillwater?

yeah, sure. 

Wrong thread, sorry.  But I think we are going to see a repeat of last year.  It's going to feel worse because we get hammered early but there's enough talent to pull off some wins.  Then again if we start out 2-4 or 1-5 the wheels might just fly right off and the locker room explodes with burned eggs and runny toast. 

14 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

This fuck stick moody needs the ban hammer. 

What, the truth hurts your feelings?

How is the football team great in your so enlightened mind?  Were you alive to even see Vince play, or Cedric, Ricky, Earl, so many more.  You have been on my nuts since my first post so I guess you have something to prove.  I don't.  I am upset with the performance of this football team since 1985 when I enrolled at this school.  Do you remember route 66?  I do so leave me alone to bitch.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 7

So fucking tired of this shit.  I want TH to win.  Not because I have some allegiance to TH or believe he's special, just because I'm tired of looking like a hapless dick during the coach search, having the new dickhead make highly questionable hires and getting sold some bullshit about the new guy finally fixing the problems only to find out he's been smoke and mirrors too and then pretending it's going to change "when he gets his guys."  Fuck that shit.  Coaches take over all the time and win despite far less talent than we've got.  

Herman can't take one bit of positivity within our program without stepping on his own fucking dick the very next step.  Had a chance to get to 8 wins, but loses to fucking Tech at home.  Gets momentum with win over Missou and fucking lays an egg against a team that might end up under .500 again.  What happened to the guy who's reputation was that his team could gut punch a top 5 program any given day?  Now he's the guy who's team might get gut punched by an inferior team any given day.

Quit with the bullshit preaching about ball security and then handing the ball back to the QB who can't stop throwing games away.  

Scipio absolutely destroys the coaching staff for not running the ball on the final possession versus Maryland's 3 man rush like we did successfully at the end of the 1st half. A lot of us were calling for this in the game thread. The offense is a total clusterfuck with Beck. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Dude I was in Chicago over the weekend... people in Chicago are laughing and most don't give a rats ass about college football.

Still better ran & coached team than the flagship school in the Illinois Illini, so there's that for a retort...

I don't get on here during games so I can focus on the game itself. I was so pissed after the debacle on Saturday I couldn't bear to come on here after the game. Now I'm reading this thread for the first time that was started early in the game against a state named after a chick. After 3 pages, I'm getting PTSD reliving the nightmare. Fuck Fraud Herman.

Scipio absolutely destroys the coaching staff for not running the ball on the final possession versus Maryland's 3 man rush like we did successfully at the end of the 1st half. A lot of us were calling for this in the game thread. The offense is a total clusterfuck with Beck. 

Didnt you hear coach?
What coverage was it you didnt like, huh? Thought so.
We played bad because we tried too hard.
Next game coach will ask for less effort to fix it!
Its an illusion!

28 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

I read this and he's absolutely spot on

1 hour ago, Bruh Man said:

siap, scipio was on the horn today. apparently our players on defense were not aligned correctly throughout the game. smdh

http://hornfm.com/on-air/afternoons-with-chad-kevin/ (2 minutes into the 3rd hour)

Thanks for posting link..... Scipio's comments are the Best analysis I've heard on why TEXAS struggled on both Offense & Defense in Maryland Game. 

Crazy to hear that on several Jet Sweeps Maryland did not even worry about blocking TEXAS LBs because they knew LBs were too slow to stop the play.  Canada out-schemed  Orlando thru formations and motion..... Fans are not on Orlando's ass enough for such a horrible Defensive performance......

Edited by LTtxfan

9 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Thanks for posting link..... Scipio's comments are the Best analysis I've heard on why TEXAS struggled on both Offense & Defense in Maryland Game. 

Crazy to hear that on several Jet Sweeps Maryland did not even worry about blocking TEXAS LBs because they knew LBs were too slow to stop the play.  Canada out-schemed  Orlando thru formations and motion..... Fans are not on Orlando's ass enough for such a horrible Defensive performance......

Yeah I don't get why Orlando has skated in fan opinion in large part. 27 offensive points should have been enough to handle the Terps, just as 41 should have been enough last year. 

I predict that by the end of the year Orlando's status as godlike coach-in-waiting will be gone. As has been pointed out, losing Poona, Malik, and Elliott won't be as easily surmounted as it seemed in the bowl game last year. 

In re Beck, I was hoping to see more improvement out of Ehlinger. And I don't know whose decision it was to pull Ingram -- his or Herman's. Or to play Porter on key drives out of position. Still, we scored enough to win against a third-tier P5 opponent. 

Not good to have groupthink playcalling during uptempo or 2 min Offense.  Just one voice making quick decisions on next play.  Groupthink is for gameplanning and making adjustments....

Herman has to get over his hiring mistakes and become in-game playcaller for rest of 2018 Season.  Then make necessary changes to Coaching Staff for 2019.....

Edited by LTtxfan

I created an account here just to LOL at the fact that you guys still have Tim Beck as your OC. He sucked at Nebraska, sucks at Texas and will suck no matter where he goes. You guys don't have a shot at having a good offense while he is your OC. Just baffled, straight baffled he was hired in the first place. I feel like he is an OC version of Charlie Weis.

EDIT: Also, is it just me or does he look like his chin only makes up like 1/10th of his face? So effing weird looking...

Edited by shenanigasmm

1 hour ago, shenanigasmm said:

I created an account here just to LOL at the fact that you guys still have Tim Beck as your OC. He sucked at Nebraska

How could you tell it was he who sucked? Who else sucked? Why didn't their offense get better after Beck left? Did the new guy suck too?

I thought they got about all they could out of Taylor Martinez, Ameer Abdullah, Kenny Bell, etc. 

5 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

In re Beck, I was hoping to see more improvement out of Ehlinger. And I don't know whose decision it was to pull Ingram -- his or Herman's. Or to play Porter on key drives out of position. Still, we scored enough to win against a third-tier P5 opponent. 

In his presser, Herman said he told Drayton during the rain delay that he didn’t want a true freshman playing with the game on the line. 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas
  • immamac featured this topic
  • immamac unfeatured this topic