Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

I have zero issue with the 50 year old song "come and get your love"   good song, catchy tune....
but watching the Maction tonight, I swear on everything I own, that Chevy commercial playing that song is being played a minimum of every other commercial break,  and there have been at least 2 back to backs. 

Watching streaming shows with commercials what I really hate is across an hour they show the same two or three spots over and over.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Thats better than jardiance. In the fine print in that spot with the dancing big gal it says it will make your taint rot out with gangrene.

Mrs. Doom and I are steeling ourselves for the day when "the perineum is the skin between the anus and the genitals" from this commercial finally makes sense to the Doomlet. 

• Haha 4

The Lexus commercial where the dad, kids and grandma get picked up at airport by mom and dad and son are in the third seat while some 11 yo girl is in passenger seat and grandma/other daughter in second row. 

No way in a million years is my ass crawling into 3rd row seat so my kid can sit in front. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

The Lexus commercial where the dad, kids and grandma get picked up at airport by mom and dad and son are in the third seat while some 11 yo girl is in passenger seat and grandma/other daughter in second row. 

No way in a million years is my ass crawling into 3rd row seat so my kid can sit in front. 

minivans solved 3rd row seats 30+ years ago but we all decided they weren't cool so we all bought butched up minivans that don't function as well. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 11/23/2023 at 11:44 AM, shadow_operative said:

ho-lee shit, the new chevrolet commercial where the granddaughter pulls the chevy out of the garage and brings grandma’s memory back might be the worst thing i’ve ever seen. i need to go break something after watching that. 

I saw it first time yesterday.  I definitely caught my attention.  A woman legitimately driving a classic truck is a fucking unicorn.

I rolled my eyes and laughed.

Edited by slorch

18 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

every time the goddamn iphone carolers come on i get, “would you like an apple pie with thaaaaaat? would you like an apple with thaaaaat?” stuck in my head. 😡 

Same. 

Sometimes going all the way through the "ding fries are done, ding fries are doooone, ding fries are dooooooooone" portion will dislodge it from my brain. 

• Haha 1

On 11/20/2023 at 9:22 PM, slorch said:

Derek Jeter (barely) weathers the storm in luxury of the Jeep Wagoneer.

Oh my gosh...a wolf was in the road.

LMAO.

Grand Wagoner saved the day.... he ended up driving an entire fucking day in pouring rain to get home safe to his former model wife and their kids. 

such an inspiring commercial...

fucker could have just waited till the next day and gotten there just as safely. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I know we can all relate to Derek Jeter's struggle where weather cancels the flight of your private jet and you can then hop into a 100K automobile to drive you back to your mansion in Miami. 

The only wild animals Jeter would cross paths with are the cougars in the dive bars.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

morganna the kissing bandit?

She also stood trial in Houston, Texas, where her lawyer used what he called the "gravity defense" to explain her unauthorized presence on the field, arguing: "This woman with a 112-pound (51 kg) body and 15-pound (6.8 kg) chest leaned over the rail to see a foul ball. Gravity took its toll, she fell out on the field, and the rest is history." The judge laughed and dismissed the case.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm not certain that it's possible (or appropriate?) to describe degrees of sexual orientation with superlatives, but I suspect that this guy from the Cabenuva commercial (promoting an HIV-related pharmaceutical product) might be the gayest person on the planet. 

Hero_Orlando_m_3-223647960.png.934df6c69620a1e7e95a8e6ec5b08400.png

If that guy is actually straight, he needs to win an Oscar. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 4:37 PM, BamaATL said:

The AT&T deaf football commercial.  It's not all that awful in and of itself, it's just that it seems to be on every single commercial break.  Every single one, on every channel.  

Make the bad man stop.  

That fucking Sound Of Silence cover makes me wish I was deaf. Even more so than the Disturbed cover awhile back.

• Hook 'Em 2

in the bounty ads the people cleaning the spill wipe in the direction of the spill flow, either toward the edge of the table or toward the winning lottery ticket, etc.  what fucking psychopath does that?  pick up the winning lottery ticket and wipe from the edge of the table. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

its December... so its time for the worst car commercials ever created...

The Lexus multi-ethnic family waking up with a surprise $90k car in their driveway

The SNL skit on that was great, echoed what my wife and I have yelled at the tv for years: “”You bought a car without talking to me???? THAT’S A MAJOR PURCHASE!!
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1