Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

2 minutes ago, RPM said:

Should it be a fat Italian barber?

Really just the musical choice that is annoying lol. Just such an epic movie score and its like "this guy right here cutting another dude's hair.....this song was made for him".

He's a fighter!!

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Stringer said:

This Jeter commercial is the most relatable ad I have ever seen.  When my private jet gets grounded, I drive through the night to get home to my model wife too.  

My driveway of giant pavers with perfectly manicured green in between leading to my all glass entryway is a little more subtle.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DougO said:

The NFL has become one giant commercial for Taylor Swift. 

Just kill it with fire.

This right here.  They keep saying, "Everyone is talking about Taylor Swift at the game tonight".  Of course, because the camera is always panning to her and the commentators keep talking about it.  If they would just shut up then no one would know or care.  NFL just trying to increase the "brand".

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

This right here.  They keep saying, "Everyone is talking about Taylor Swift at the game tonight".  Of course, because the camera is always panning to her and the commentators keep talking about it.  If they would just shut up then no one would know or care.  NFL just trying to increase the "brand".

I think it's deeper than the NFL. Notice Kelce has a lot more commercial time going on now. One of them is for Pfizer. Hmmmm...

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/2/2023 at 12:08 PM, RPM said:

WTF happened to Mary Lou Retton?

I lived in Moore Hill on campus. My room was right above the front door on the second floor on the southwest entrance opening out onto 21st Street. Early one morning I heard a ruckus going on outside so I looked out my window to find Mary Lou arguing with the cops. They were having her Vette towed. This must have been a Monday morning and her car was not to be parked there.

That is all I got.

image.jpeg.b77e245cde60565023446da660b339b3.jpeg

Fragrance commercials are universally awful. 
They all seem to try and channel their inner Fellini but, end up giving us crap like that Katy Perry DG ad, or Captain Jack Sparrow playing the guitar to an audience of one wolf, or something like that.

They ain’t exactly Hai Karate commercials these days.
  • Haha 1

On 10/6/2023 at 1:43 PM, Beau Vine said:

AWESOME!

My older brother used that shit.   It did not have that effect.

I went away for the summer when I was a kid.  When I got back a friend of mine was so happy that he gave me a 1/2 bottle of Hai Karate that he bought at a garage sale.  I guess it’s the though that counts.