Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

15 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

The ad with Mahomes and Jake where Reid starts to crack up. Good idea by the ad geniuses to leave that take in and not do another. That actually made the commercial somewhat funny

Where he steals the fast food? I actually kinda like that one.

"Now tell me again, but with those nuggies..."

23 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The SNL skit on that was great, echoed what my wife and I have yelled at the tv for years: “”You bought a car without talking to me???? THAT’S A MAJOR PURCHASE!!

Nothing says "I love you" like a surprise 100k in debt.  The wife enjoys laughing at these, but I think always makes a not so empty promise, if I did such a thing, I could expect divorce papers shortly thereafter.  

The worst one is the GMC commercial with the hot chick who gets a dog in the snow, then she whistles and the HMS Earth Fucker emerges from the other side of the mountain.  

• Like 1

Seriously.  Is she incapable of operating a telephone?

Wait til you turn 65. You get bombed with spam calls, emails, texts, snail mail screaming about fucking advantage plans. Fuck you joe Namath, Jimmy dyn o mite, and all these fuckers scamming old folks. They should have to pay for the load of bullshit I take from mailbox to recycle.

I’d like to invent a mailbox with built in shredder that I don’t have to fuck with this shit. I think I recycle 98% of the mail I actually receive. USPS is just a make work govt program. Would be cheaper to pay them but not actually deliver all the junk. There is a dentist that I get something three times a week from. Fuck you.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Wait til you turn 65. You get bombed with spam calls, emails, texts, snail mail screaming about fucking advantage plans. Fuck you joe Namath, Jimmy dyn o mite, and all these fuckers scamming old folks. They should have to pay for the load of bullshit I take from mailbox to recycle.

I’d like to invent a mailbox with built in shredder that I don’t have to fuck with this shit. I think I recycle 98% of the mail I actually receive. USPS is just a make work govt program. Would be cheaper to pay them but not actually deliver all the junk. There is a dentist that I get something three times a week from. Fuck you.

Screen-Shot-2020-08-19-at-1.22.25-PM-e15

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

there is a metric fuck ton of junk mail in the recycle bin, also known as the back floorboard of my wife's car, when I take it all to recycling.

20 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Wait until you see it one million times.

I think the Fansville commercials are, for the most part, pretty damn good but you are right about seeing them so much.

They should budget at least twice as many for a season. 

The "season is over after one play" is fucking brilliant.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I swear they dust these two off every other year for a new ad campaign. Does Scrubs still have any staying power? Did it ever?

Great show imo. Can only do like 2 episodes at a time though.

My current most hated as is the peloton commercial. It's just such a garbage spot. Fucking annoying ass "music". And i wanna punch the old lady in the throat that says "gotta love that".

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

scrubs is awesome, one of the better all around comedies of its time. 

They need to be included in the most punchable faces thread.

Maybe they were genuinely funny on that show but I find them annoying as fuck! 

Edited by Longhornstampede
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Longhornstampede said:

They need to be included in the most punchable faces thread.

Maybe they were genuinely funny on that show but I find them annoying as fuck! 

honestly the show was great for so many reasons, and while turk and jd were great as the leads/faces of the show, for me it’s the writing, production value, the music, the ensemble cast- it’s just a really good all around show that has a ton of heart. and again, the music on the show was a real standout. it’s worth a shot for anyone who hasn’t seen it.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

scrubs is awesome, one of the better all around comedies of its time. 

I liked Scrubs. It was a clever niche comedy with heart. Just don't understand the financials of dusting off JD and Turk 13 years after the final episode aired to sell cell phones.

Are they still going to be parading out the Levy family in 2033 in their Schitt's Creek attire to sell chicken wings or some shit?

Yeah, probably. Guess I answered my own question.

• Like 1

“Do I look like I’m going on vacation, sir?”

SIAP, but I hate that fucking commercial more than famine or cheerios. I’ve never pondered physically beating a woman into a body cast until watching that commercial and that whiny TSA glutton. If I could jump through the monitor and start pummeling her, I’m convinced that the rest of the cast would start cheering me on. 

On 11/21/2023 at 7:14 PM, shadow_operative said:

“some people just know when that’s not going to fit.” what the hell does that even mean? how did this pitch end up coming to fruition and becoming a national ad campaign? so many reasons to hate these ads.

That broad was in the opening “rule of thumb “ scene in The Boondock Saints. 

“Do I look like I’m going on vacation, sir?”
SIAP, but I hate that fucking commercial more than famine or cheerios. I’ve never pondered physically beating a woman into a body cast until watching that commercial and that whiny TSA glutton. If I could jump through the monitor and start pummeling her, I’m convinced that the rest of the cast would start cheering me on. 
That broad was in the opening “rule of thumb “ scene in The Boondock Saints. 

Comedian Brian Regan had a nice bit like this, except it was funny as hell:

I was gettin' out of a cab at the airport and the ddriver goes, "Hey have a nice flight!"

"You tow!"

"You too, you have a nice flight too, in case you ever fly someday."
  • Hook 'Em 2