USC v. Texas Discussion - Let It Begin

Wally Pryor

4 minutes ago, Skipper said:

That FR didn't look impressive in the 4th quarter against Stanford (all I've seen of them) but saw where he hurt his hand earlier in the game.    Hard to know what impact that might have had.  Of course, Stanford's D is a lot better than our from what we've seen so far.  If our front 7 doesn't improve and he has all day to throw all bets are off.

USC doesn't need to to throw it - just run jet sweeps. Our defense can't stop it.

Won't be with Ingram - he's on crutches and questionable for Saturday. Does your answer change with Porter split out wide or getting 1.5 yards on first down?
I think that falls under the staff blowing it so I suppose not. No Ingram does make the task harder but doesn't really change the best way to approach it. Sucks though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, MAGS® said:

I personally think we are going to come out and play lights out.  We will win, and everybody will be like, "where's this team been all year..."  the hype will begin the following week, then we get steamrolled by TCU and we will be "they're still shitty."  Just my take on the matter.  

My biggest worry when we found out that Tom Herman's hiring was inevitable was that he'd repeat his trend at UH of getting his team up for the games everyone knew were big, and having them play like freeze-dried dog crap against everyone else.

I can easily see Texas winning this game (especially if Watson and Young get the vast majority of the carries, and we go full bore run first, run second, then run again), only to shit the bed against TCU and K-State. And how they play against OU, even if they manage to be 2-3 or 3-2 going into that game (which is the best we can realistically cross our fingers and hope for) is anybody's guess at this point, because nobody should trust Herman's ability to keep this team focused even when they manage to do something right.

If I had to put money on it right now, I'd say this team will be 2-5 after the OU game, needing to win 4 of the final 6 just to get to the Texas Bowl again, and probably not making it. 

When does baseball season start, again?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

damn, so much for our improve OL

Hudson was never slotted for much PT this year absent significant injuries.    Shack wasn't exactly the strength of the line.  It's certainly not a 'great' OL but as currently constructed it's the best we've had in years.  OL hasn't been the problem.

36 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

My biggest worry when we found out that Tom Herman's hiring was inevitable was that he'd repeat his trend at UH of getting his team up for the games everyone knew were big, and having them play like freeze-dried dog crap against everyone else.

I can easily see Texas winning this game (especially if Watson and Young get the vast majority of the carries, and we go full bore run first, run second, then run again), only to shit the bed against TCU and K-State. And how they play against OU, even if they manage to be 2-3 or 3-2 going into that game (which is the best we can realistically cross our fingers and hope for) is anybody's guess at this point, because nobody should trust Herman's ability to keep this team focused even when they manage to do something right.

If I had to put money on it right now, I'd say this team will be 2-5 after the OU game, needing to win 4 of the final 6 just to get to the Texas Bowl again, and probably not making it. 

When does baseball season start, again?

giphy.gif

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Somewhat surprising.  How are we favored? 

FWIW, SC hasn't covered a spread in quite a while, going back to last year.

Because USC is not a good team and are on the road. And isn't their QB hurt? I know we suck, too but I am not surprised we are favored against this version of USC at home.

We fucking need this win.

6 minutes ago, GTNY said:

Shitty on field product + rain = Attendance of 50k by the end of the first half?

Where are you seeing rain forecast?   National Weather Service has it cloudy with only a 20% chance of rain for Saturday night.  Last Saturday they had it at cloudy with 40% and we did not get a drop during the game.  

Out - Burt (foot), Shak (ankle), Overshown

Maybe - Keaontay (knee), Hudson (exhaustion)

Likely Returning - Ayodele Adeoye, Kris Boyd, Brandon Jones, Davante Davis

Nice to maybe have all our secondary back.

Edited by JBJ

8 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Where are you seeing rain forecast?   National Weather Service has it cloudy with only a 20% chance of rain for Saturday night.  Last Saturday they had it at cloudy with 40% and we did not get a drop during the game.  

I have a forecast of 100% rain, but that just might be at your mom’s house.

• Like 1

USC's starting strong safety is out; they are reshuffling everything, so they'll have a soph and a redshirt freshman at safety, with a true freshman corner splitting some reps at safety as well.

This is not the 2005 USC Trojans, by any stretch. Hell, they aren't even the 2017 Trojans. Texas could easily win this game and still not be "back". It doesn't take a lot of imagination to see that happening. I wouldn't put any money on that outcome, of course, because betting for the Horns has been a losing proposition for so long now that I don't remember when it used to be a smart move.

19 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

We probably should  let Scott Fisher loudly settle this just before kickoff.  

He should settle for a salad first.

If that little wave makes landfall even at the Tex-Mex border and comes up the right way, I guarantee you that they will be playing water polo.  No way to know for at least 24 hours, probably 48.  Watch out for your cornholes (yeah I know that weather shit coming into Austin never actually happens).

3 hours ago, alphahorn said:

any injury report beside Ingram?  Shack or Hudson back?

Anything on Kirk Johnson?    I thought he was healthy last I heard, but can't see why they haven't worked him into something 3rd down at least.  I guess i keep hoping for another Shipley ghost to reality situation on this one.

Beat to the punch...sorry.  Should have read the whole thread.

Edited by pyrohornIII
Good to see others are thinking the same thing

2 hours ago, JBJ said:

Out - Burt (foot), Shak (ankle), Overshown

Maybe - Keaontay (knee), Hudson (exhaustion)

Likely Returning - Ayodele Adeoye, Kris Boyd, Brandon Jones, Davante Davis

Nice to maybe have all our secondary back.

I'm a maybe due to exhaustion(with this fucking program) as well.  

• Like 4