Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

I hadn't seen this.  It is a great interview.  It was recorded in March, I think, and now 4 months later he is still on point.  He is not waffling, he isn't saying things because he thinks it's what polls say he should say.  He's got a sincere platform for helping Texas and the nation improve and he's sticking to it.  He's not changing his tune every time some new political "squirrel" pops up. 

Maher gives Beto the opening to get negative about Cruz, but Beto keeps on the positive.   Like someone said earlier, positive is as refreshing as mudslinging is old.  Beto has the personality, sense of humor and focusness (tip of the hat to BillinSinton) to pull this off. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

Maher gives Beto the opening to get negative about Cruz, but Beto keeps on the positive.   Like someone said earlier, positive is as refreshing as mudslinging is old.  Beto has the personality, sense of humor and focusness (tip of the hat to BillinSinton) to pull this off. 

BillinSinton...that's a blast from the past.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

He should have just said when Texans are out cheering on their football teams. It was good, but could have resonated more

No, I like his response better. It’s shorter, so better as a sound bite, hits the football note for many, but flexible enough to resonate with other folks. 

• Like 2

Maybe it’s my hatred of the Canadian speaking, but I feel like the “Texas tough” thing isn’t going to resonate with independent voters and will be a negative for him. The morons that buy into that stuff were already going to vote for him. To everybody else it seems ridiculous because he’s a frumpy cuck that sucked off dotard after he insulted teds family. 

8 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Ted Cruz is College Station Tough.

When Ted walks out onto the stage for the first debate to active at his podium I’d love to hear the crowd scream....(like Mexican soccer fans do with goal kicks, but replace puto with poutine)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Pouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutine

Edited by Ted Lange

Someone please tell Ted Cruz how private business decisions work
For a guy as smart as Cruz, he can be a real imbecile sometimes.

Solid reply, though:

“Replying to @tedcruz
Wait, if he wrongfully accused your dad, doesn’t that make you honor bound to support his policies? Or does he have to insult your wife, too?”
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Went to Beto hq this morning and took a “class” to become a deputy registrar. 1.5 hours to go over how to get people to fill out a form (who are us citizens and not felons on paper) and then take them in to the right office. Stupid, but not a big pain in the ass and I’m looking forward to registering the fuck out of anyone I can.

Registration is not easy, as the government propaganda would have one believe. The TX website is overly verbose and I'm pretty sure the poors / uneducated will struggle with it. The actual link to an online form is on page 2 IIRC and it requires a printer which the poors will probaly not have, presuming they have a laptop/desktop which i doubt. Or a voter can have a regular application card mailed to their residence, again this is on Page 2.  Or they can get an application card from a library which has to be mailed to the Austin TX PO Box to the TX Secretary of State.  I wish you luck, this isn't a breeze.  The online process is a big disappointment and IMO heavily favors the middle class/upper mid class ++ , difficult for the poors. 

Edited by Orca of Peace

18 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:
Registration is not easy, as the government propaganda would have one believe. The TX website is overly verbose and I'm pretty sure the poors / uneducated will struggle with it. The actual link to an online form is on page 2 IIRC and it requires a printer which the poors will probaly not have, presuming they have a laptop/desktop which i doubt. Or a voter can have a regular application card mailed to their residence, again this is on Page 2.  Or they can get an application card from a library which has to be mailed to the Austin TX PO Box to the TX Secretary of State.  I wish you luck, this isn't a breeze.  The online process is a big disappointment and IMO heavily favors the middle class/upper mid class ++ , difficult for the poors. 

I go by 5501 Airport and pick up a stack of forms. I ask you if you are a citizen and not a felon. You fill out the form and I clarify any questions you have and make sure it is legible. I tell you when you can vote and what you need to vote. I drop off the form at the office within 5 days. Walla.

*edit*

it is stupid.  The online registration thing is just a way to get a mail in form sent to you, I think.  So you can submit it in paper.  But it’s a simple process if you have a deputy registrar.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, M12BH said:

So hi.  Some of y'all may remember me as Macallan12's Better Half from Shaggy and the Other-Site-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named.  I'm really sickened by all this shit and I"m volunteering for the Beto campaign.  My husband (Yes, that would be Macallan 12) and I are hosting Phone Banking for Beto most Tuesday and Thursday evenings at our home in August.  If any of y'all want to participate, please message me and I'll give you the information.  We live near 360/2222 in Austin, and I know some of y'all <cough Brisket, JimmyJazz/cough> are practically neighbors so please join us if you can.  We will feed you and, um, "drink" you.  So yeah.  DO it.  

And if you don't live in Austin and want to help or attend an event, check out this interactive map for events coming up near you.

https://map.betofortexas.com/?source=web_homepage_navbar

38 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

Going to be a lot of tears in this thread after Nov. Should be fun to see.

Either way, there are going to be a lot of tears around this state in a few election cycles. Enjoy your last few years running Texas because when it goes blue, it’s never going back.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Either way, there are going to be a lot of tears around this state in a few election cycles. Enjoy your last few years running Texas because when it goes blue, it’s never going back.

you think the State Legislature and the bulk of the Congressmen will be Democrats soon? If Beto wins, this is Alabama 2 which had a Senate upset but still Red for another decade or two at least. 

Edited by Orca of Peace