The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

8 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

What the actual fuck?  He's a straight up traitor to his country and his sycophants will laud him for it.   Lots of cunts.

GOP thinks the Russians have their interests at heart, which they do.

Funny how these guys all grew up and came of age during a time when Congress used to try and root out communists, and when the Russians were seen as the bad guys.  Now they just roll over for them.

9 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The government of Mississippi has decided that Mississippians are so dumb that they can't be trusted to know the difference between a hamburger and a veggie burger.  So it is now a crime in Mississippi to call a veggie burger a veggie burger. I am not making this up.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2019/7/3/20680731/mississippi-veggie-burgers-illegal-meatless-meat

This effort was led by Republican Congressmen Bill Pigott and Vince Mangold. 

“This bill will protect our cattle farmers from having to compete with products not harvested from an animal,” said Mississippi Farm Bureau Federation president Mike McCormick in January when the bill passed in the Mississippi state House.

Realizing that this post is several hours old and probably well past its expiration date on top of the fact that there are meatier matters to consume, I'm left wondering the Mississippi law's stance is on what to call volk from Hamburg.

On 6/21/2019 at 12:18 PM, Patrick Bateman said:

Literally running scared....

I recall texas dems doing this back in the 80s. Fled to OK motel. Can't remember what the issue was about. Maybe some of the old timers around here remember.

On 7/6/2019 at 11:11 AM, F250 said:

This reminds me that I will be in Victoria soon for a family reunion where the conversations will be about the price of cattle, hay, cotton, and oil. Inevitably aggy football and Jimbo will be brought up. Damn,  I need a good reason to get out of going.

My advice is to drink heavily.

8 hours ago, The People’s Elbow said:

Personally, I’m shocked Slorch, being the righteous beacon of personal responsibility that he is, cowardly disappeared when asked to show his work re: state dependence on federal dollars. 

You conveniently ignored the county SNAP maps.

keep blathering on though...use your illusion.

Edited by slorch

Shocking that more people are on SNAP where more people live.  And also typical slorch to only look at SNAP and ignore all the other government aid, which disproportionately goes to the fewer people  corporations who live in the more rural areas. 

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Shocking that more people are on SNAP where more people live.  And also typical slorch to only look at SNAP and ignore all the other government aid, which disproportionately goes to the fewer people  corporations who live in the more rural areas. 

It is percentages.  You can read, right.

Use your illusion.

Edited by slorch

21 minutes ago, slorch said:

It is percentages.  You can read, right.

Use your illusion.

So your argument is that the blue counties in red states account for the dependency of red states on blue states?   Interesting proposition.  

On 7/6/2019 at 8:16 AM, slorch said:

LOlz.  Aside from New England and Minnesota, the blue counties are a virtual road map of dependency.

Image result for red and blue states

081417_fig_2.JPG

Snorch, you said, "aside form New England and Minnesota, the blue counties are a virtual road map of dependency."  Shouldn't you add the most populated parts of California to your exceptions?  The coastal parts, where most people live, are dark blue on the party map and less than 10% on the SNAP map.

34 minutes ago, slorch said:

Setting aside your typical MO of dropping some slorch wisdom then coming up with excuses about why you don't provide supporting evidence, please explain what you think the county SNAP maps prove.

Has it occurred to you that the Republican-controlled state governments setting the local laws affecting those urban counties might very well understand that they will be rescued by federal dollars if they underfund similar programs from their own coffers? The fact that urban or what you want to think are liberal areas in Republican States are more in need of federal dollars proves the exact opposite of what you want to believe it proves. It actually reinforces the point that Republican state governments lean on federal dollars to run their states.

1 minute ago, Bojack said:

Snorch, you said, "aside form New England and Minnesota, the blue counties are a virtual road map of dependency."  Shouldn't you add the most populated parts of California to your exceptions?  The coastal parts, where most people live, are dark blue on the party map and less than 10% on the SNAP map.

Exactly. The Democrat states don't depend on federal dollars in the urban/more liberal areas as much as the Republican states. slorch apparently can't get to that second level in his thought process.

Edited by Huckleberry

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

SNAP is basically a wal mart subsidy nowadays.

“Yeah snap! Yeah wal mart! Boo poor people.” 

- slorch 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/15-dollar-minimum-wage-would-give-a-raise-to-27-million-federal-government-concludes/

This is nuts in a country as wealthy as the United States.

Capital distribution in this country is all fucked up.

Wal mart minimum wage employees use their snap benefits to buy groceries at, where? 

Wal mart! 

Wal mart wins. The federal government loses. And slorch rages on on message boards like this one about the free loaders who are failing to pull themselves up by the bootstraps. Whatever the hell that means anyway. 

yes obviously it’s the poor who are scamming us. 

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Wal mart minimum wage employees use their snap benefits to buy groceries at, where? 

Wal mart! 

Wal mart wins. The federal government loses. And slorch rages on on message boards like this one about the free loaders who are failing to pull themselves up by the bootstraps. Whatever the hell that means anyway. 

yes obviously it’s the poor who are scamming us. 

Meanwhile Chase gets paid a processing fee.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/15-dollar-minimum-wage-would-give-a-raise-to-27-million-federal-government-concludes/

Bingo! No whammies! I’d like to solve the puzzle now Pat. 

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

The argument that raising the minimum wage will lead to automation and human job losses is complete bullshit. Which costs more, some dude taking orders at the drive through, or some dude hired to fix the automatic drive through that just broke down again.

Edited by JimmyJames

Just on a quick eyeball, blue hubs loke coastal California, Oregon, and Washington South Florida, etc are less dependent than the rural, red portions of their states. In fact, in general, what that map shows is that major populatuon centers have generally lower SNAP enrollment than rural areas.

The county map argument is dumb on a lot of levels, but if you're going to make an argument with a map, learn how to read one.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

leaving aside the fact that the map does not entirely support your point, you conveniently ignored what was pointed out to you: taken as a component of the balance of payments, SNAP is insignificant. SNAP isn’t shit, and yet you would begrudge poor children food while you ignore the vast majority of spending on the truly “dependent”. What the hell point were you making again?

Show your work, slorch.

6 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

jesus fuck.  there's a thousand of these.  after i posted i realized the date said 2015, so i thought i must have seen old news.  nope, it's just tennessee loves to make i ❤️ u notes to forrest so often a mix up can happen.

66607771_3257028177644478_42476655326789

Wow.

12 minutes ago, Lurch said:

So if a) "Right side of history" is the most morally idiotic phrase of modern times and B) Ben Shapiro puts out a book of that title then c) via the transitive property of social media idiocy, Ben Shapiro is the most morally idiotic person of modern times.  

Do I have that right?

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

43 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

So if a) "Right side of history" is the most morally idiotic phrase of modern times and B) Ben Shapiro puts out a book of that title then c) via the transitive property of social media idiocy, Ben Shapiro is the most morally idiotic person of modern times.  

Do I have that right?

Image result for shooter mcgavin no gif

• Like 2

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult