The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

The ledge is going to need a barricade because things are not going very well. Sixteen months out from the next big election and this:

He is currently a Florida state  rep, veteran, attorney, and part of the America First (as well as the Rittenhouse for Congress) crowd. I don't think the commenter below believes it is unintentional either.

18 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

196437099_10158730167207851_824357204865

I have been trying to tell people for more than a decade now that Mattress Mack is a fucking prick, but it's become this H-Town thang that you have to love him no matter how titanic an asshole he repeatedly shows himself to be. "Oh but he lets all those people sleep in his store during floods!" (On write-off floor inventory, and he makes damn sure every camera in town is there to publicize it.) And here he figures he can just rub the whole city's noses in his pile of shit politics because we just love adorable ol' Mack so much.

1. I don't agree with Mack's politics.

2. I don't give a fuck if he uses write-off floor inventory, he's still helping.

3. I don't care if he uses it as a marketing opportunity, he's still helping. 

4. I don't really get how this proves that Mack figures that he can "just rub the whole city's nose" in it. 

• Like 1

Here's Breitbart with a report that a Bush Foundation has been bankrolled by Chinese Communist-linked firm.

The Republicans are eating their own. This is what they get for trying to play nice with these assholes. Now they are going to be consumed by them.

Meanwhile, the country as a whole grows increasingly liberal/democrat.

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

On 6/5/2021 at 6:32 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Morgan Zegers ran in NY, but now lives in Texas I think(?). Maybe another one of the move-ins that is going to run? (Very young, so similar to Cawthorn).

I hate that Texas is seen by all these grifters and con-artists as an easy mark and a place where they can run once the smart people figure them out. 

29 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

SIAP, but they dropped the paywall for it and ICYMI, a quick but top notch read. Several installments all posted in order at the link.

So now there is only one way left to restore deterrence and convey to future presidents that the rule of law applies to them. The Justice Department must abandon two centuries of tradition by indicting and prosecuting Donald Trump for his conduct in office.

That’s not a recommendation made lightly. The longstanding reluctance to prosecute former leaders is based on legitimate concerns about the justice system being used to settle political scores. But filing charges against former leaders is not a radical step, either: Foreign democracies, including South Korea, Italy, and France, routinely manage to prosecute crooked former leaders without starting down a slippery slope to authoritarianism. President Nicolas Sarkozy of France was recently found guilty of bribery, a decade after his predecessor, Jacques Chirac, was convicted of corruption. France’s democracy and its image around the world remain intact.

In the case of Trump, prosecutors would have plenty of potential crimes from which to choose. While Trump may be prosecuted for financial crimes he potentially committed before he became president, what is most important to go after are his actions during his time in office, especially those after the 2020 election, which culminated in fomenting a full-on, violent assault on American democracy.

I agree overall, but the problem with the bolded is that a slippery slope to authoritarianism isn't what people fear and isn't what is stopping it from happening.  35%-ish of the population and 90%+ of Rs in congress SUPPORT WHAT OCCURRED.  This is treating dotard as if he was the only problem.  He was only able to get as far as he did because people supported what was happening and still support it to this day.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I agree overall, but the problem with the bolded is that a slippery slope to authoritarianism isn't what people fear and isn't what is stopping it from happening.  35%-ish of the population and 90%+ of Rs in congress SUPPORT WHAT OCCURRED.  This is treating dotard as if he was the only problem.  He was only able to get as far as he did because people supported what was happening and still support it to this day.

I get that. I wish I had a better answer because the GOP is so antidemocratic as to essentially be a fascist party now. But there are no Alps here in order to Von Trapp family outta here and go to Canada or someplace else w/o having some employment lined up.

Also: we have a problem with what people read and see and consume

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I get that. I wish I had a better answer because the GOP is so antidemocratic as to essentially be a fascist party now. But there are no Alps here in order to Von Trapp family outta here and go to Canada or someplace else w/o having some employment lined up.

Also: we have a problem with what people read and see and consume

I really think that the vast majority of people who frequent social media, at least Facebook, are trump supporters.  Most smart people have moved away from Facebook long ago.  What's left are the dregs of society.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

the circus is coming to Dallas this weekend.  

E3hRgG8WEAAZ7SE?format=jpg&name=medium

I wouldn't consider any of those women leaders.  Maybe leader into marrying into money (Lara Trump), being an idiot (Boebert and Palin) or being an shitty human being (the rest of them), but not a leader that I would respect or want to listen to.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/6/2021 at 7:56 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Here's Breitbart with a report that a Bush Foundation has been bankrolled by Chinese Communist-linked firm.

The Republicans are eating their own. This is what they get for trying to play nice with these assholes. Now they are going to be consumed by them.

Meanwhile, the country as a whole grows increasingly liberal/democrat.

And the part that isn't grows increasingly unhinged and dangerous. 

The GOP has nursed a rattlesnake in the bosom of American politics. Snake, thy name is GQP.

On 6/7/2021 at 8:34 AM, Walden Ponderer said:

Then Texas needs to stop being an easy mark and a place where they can run once the smart people figure them out.

And the leopard should be striped.

The Texas that would call it like it sees it vanished in the 80s. 

We went from this:

spacer.png

to this:

spacer.png

It turned my stomach watching it happen. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm not the only one that scanned that, wondering if fitlump would make an appearance, am I?

Young Women convention, not Lumpasaurus Rex convention.  She's still too small-time, I'm guessing. 

But wait, there's more!  Other confirmed speakers besides those in the tweet above include:

Kelley Paul (wife of Rand)

Jenna Ellis (noted Constitutional scholar; scratch that; parking ticket attorney)

George P. Bush (Trump bootlicker)

Amanda Bush (wife of George P.)

Charlie Kirk (eight-head)

Linda McMahon (failed Senate candidate)

Pastor Paula White Cain (noted religious huckster)

https://www.tpusa.com/YWLS

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I wouldn't consider any of those women leaders.  Maybe leader into marrying into money (Lara Trump), being an idiot (Boebert and Palin) or being an shitty human being (the rest of them), but not a leader that I would respect or want to listen to.

It reminds me of high school. The leaders were artificially selected based on a very narrow view of how things should be. But there were students that didn't go along with that, that knew it's more complicated or that the parameters were restricted and set often by the parents (who's your daddy?) or the teachers (I've got the power!) or the coaches (I've really got the power!) or the community (I've got the dealership and am on the school board).

Some of these women strike me as knowing how that dynamic works and are actually pretty good at bringing it to people who speak that language. They aren't looking for the women who could supplant them, they are looking for the women to whom they can sell products and image for how "*you too, can be like me."

*Marry into money, trade dickpics and guns for a seat in Congress or a governorship, or have a self improvement podcast and be engaged to a man with a very large forehead who started TPUSA.

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

There have been a number of events held in Dallas lately. Is this due to Texas coming importance electorally? GOP hotbed? Idiotworld?

Like convinced said, hub for air travel in a red state.

But also, chances of massive opposition showing up are pretty slim.  

32 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

But wait, there's more!  Other confirmed speakers besides those in the tweet above include:

Kelley Paul (wife of Rand)

Jenna Ellis (noted Constitutional scholar; scratch that; parking ticket attorney)

George P. Bush (Trump bootlicker)

Amanda Bush (wife of George P.)

Charlie Kirk (eight-head)

Linda McMahon (failed Senate candidate)

Pastor Paula White Cain (noted religious huckster)

https://www.tpusa.com/YWLS

I hate that I know who all of those people are

11 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Caitlyn is free to be Caitlyn, but why they are giving her a platform in which to spout political falsehoods is beyond me.

This has been one of the stranger parts of the simulation. Olympic medalist marries into family that became the gold standard for grifting the morons in this country, becomes multi millionaire (billionaire?), transitions to a woman, then jumps on the maga grift train. I wonder when the switch flipped. It can’t be purely about money. 

21 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Caitlyn is free to be Caitlyn, but why they are giving her a platform in which to spout political falsehoods is beyond me.

Yep, that'll win you election in California.  *eye roll* 

49 minutes ago, Genco said:

From the article:

At the Community Grill in Frisco, the silver thermoses of coffee were waiting and the Deplorables indulged in other baseless speculations. President Biden is senile, they said. He's being fed his words through an earpiece by former president Barack Obama.

Sounds like the perfect place for me to ride to on my motorcycle and go in w/ my "Anti-Trump AF" or "86 45" shirts.  Won't be able to this weekend but next weekend, it will be done. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3