The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

36 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

It's kind of more surprising that 8% of Dems believe that.

I mean, if you look at it logically, it makes sense. How many pedo Republicans have been caught or exposed in the past 4-5 years alone, and look at their behavior against democracy and decency. I can see some folks making the leap to satanism based on their behavior. So evil satan worshipping pedo's running the government...I mean...I'm mostly kidding?

39 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

It's kind of more surprising that 8% of Dems believe that.

Actually, it's not.  I've told this story before -- 25 years ago, worked my first case with a jury consultant.  We empaneled 6 mock juries, made up of regular folks who answered our call for a "marketing survey."  Out of 72 people, five of them were.....nuts.  Stuff like filling out the forms and saying "I could never find for an insurance company because they are part of a global conspiracy with the queen of England and the Lizard People to subjugate humanity."

I took those to the consultant and asked "WTF?"  He laughed and explained "Brisket, one thing we've learned is that about 1 in 12 Americans is what you and I would call "fucking crazy."  They may seem normal in their day-to-day lives -- the person who takes your dry cleaning, chats about the weather, your waiter at lunch, etc.  But if you engage them long enough, they'll say shit like this.  The hard part is finding them and weeding them out of jury selection."

About 1 in 12....around 8%.  Look around you.  Once you see 12 people, realize that statistically, 1 of them believes that you are really an alien in a human suit, controlled by the mind-control device orbiting earth sent by the overlords of Regula 12-C.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

More than 1 in 12 Americans eat their boogers. Let that sink in too.

Boogers are just the antibody-rich bounty of your nasal mucosa fields. We'd probably be healthier as a people if everyone ate their own boogers.

Thanks for coming to my TEDTalk. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Guest Lobo
2 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Boogers are just the antibody-rich bounty of your nasal mucosa fields. We'd probably be healthier as a people if everyone ate their own boogers.

I think you and I have different ideas of what dirty talk is.  This is just feculent talk, is what this is.  

Guest Lobo
Just now, Captainant said:

is that some fancy way of saying shitposting?

No, there's dirty talk.  Then there's filthy talk.  Then there's feculent talk like when a healthcare provider describes, using scientific terms, eating snot.  

I just attempted to read that new Covid thread that got moved into here. It is just an airing of grievances thread. The death cult pull is really strong on some folks. So much work still to be done to get this country on somewhat normal footing. It’ll get done, but it is going to take a whole bunch of de-programming.

Edited by UpperWestside

1 minute ago, UpperWestside said:

I just attempted to read that new Covid thread that got moved into here. It is just tan airing of grievances thread. The death cult pull is really strong on some folks. So much work still to be done to get this country on somewhat normal footing. It’ll get done, but it is going to take a whole bunch of de-programming.

anyone 65+ just needs to be put out to pasture. that generation is lost. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Guest Lobo

They demolished the Darque Tan on the Drag.  I haz the sadz.  Every woman that worked there had daddy issues and sex addiction.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Actually, it's not.  I've told this story before -- 25 years ago, worked my first case with a jury consultant.  We empaneled 6 mock juries, made up of regular folks who answered our call for a "marketing survey."  Out of 72 people, five of them were.....nuts.  Stuff like filling out the forms and saying "I could never find for an insurance company because they are part of a global conspiracy with the queen of England and the Lizard People to subjugate humanity."

I took those to the consultant and asked "WTF?"  He laughed and explained "Brisket, one thing we've learned is that about 1 in 12 Americans is what you and I would call "fucking crazy."  They may seem normal in their day-to-day lives -- the person who takes your dry cleaning, chats about the weather, your waiter at lunch, etc.  But if you engage them long enough, they'll say shit like this.  The hard part is finding them and weeding them out of jury selection."

About 1 in 12....around 8%.  Look around you.  Once you see 12 people, realize that statistically, 1 of them believes that you are really an alien in a human suit, controlled by the mind-control device orbiting earth sent by the overlords of Regula 12-C.

It's like the 5 minute rule for libertarians. Talk to one for five minutes or less and they'll seem completely normal. Any longer and they'll start talking about how actually the government shouldn't be allowed to shoot down an asteroid if it's about to hit the earth and about the importance of distinguishing between pedophilia and ephebophilia. Also how bitcoin will revolutionize the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

anyone 65+ just needs to be put out to pasture. that generation is lost. 

I am of the mindset of not giving up on another human being. I understand the frustration right now though. I think you have to stick to a message of reconciliation with these folks as they come back from the abyss. I do not like what it is that is represented by the cult, but using rhetoric they currently employ will not allow us to move forward as a country with as many of us as possible coming together to improve our collective situation.

• Hook 'Em 2

I didn't expend the greater part of my young motherhood using a bulb syringe and tissues on my children to now just casually normalize booger eating regardless of its health implications. That is a line too far and I'm not having it. I will make no judgement on bathrooms, sexuality, or religious preferences but we're just not going to sit down, pick our noses, and swap stories while we pass the dinner rolls.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
apostrophe ran wild...
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

So my booger collection could fund my retirement?

And they all said I was gross- jokes on them!

Paul Ryan is going to attack the current direction of Trump's GQP but not mention Trump by name. At some speech at the Reagan Library tonight

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/27/politics/paul-ryan-donald-trump-gop-reagan-presidential-library-republicans/index.html

My guess is that Trump will either ignore the spirit of the speech, or he might even acknowledge what he wants to about the speech as in Ryan implies Trump is bad, and Trump will agree that the election was stolen from him.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

In an exchange first reported by the Washington Post, McCarthy said: “There’s …there’s two people, I think, Putin pays: [California Representative Dana] Rohrabacher and Trump … [laughter] … swear to God.”

According to the transcript, speaker Paul Ryan immediately responded: “This is an off-the-record … [laughter] … NO LEAKS … [laughter] … alright?!”

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, if you look at it logically, it makes sense. How many pedo Republicans have been caught or exposed in the past 4-5 years alone, and look at their behavior against democracy and decency. I can see some folks making the leap to satanism based on their behavior. So evil satan worshipping pedo's running the government...I mean...I'm mostly kidding?

I'm a Satan worshiper. Please don't generalize us or lump us in with these psychos.

1 hour ago, trauma babe said:

I don’t mind blood, guts, gore, shit or pus (bone, belly, or butt) but I cannot fucking stand snot/phlegm. Fuck that

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

In an exchange first reported by the Washington Post, McCarthy said: “There’s …there’s two people, I think, Putin pays: [California Representative Dana] Rohrabacher and Trump … [laughter] … swear to God.”

According to the transcript, speaker Paul Ryan immediately responded: “This is an off-the-record … [laughter] … NO LEAKS … [laughter] … alright?!”

Ryan also said something about keeping it in the family, or that’s how you know we’re a family. Something to that effect. When the news of the conversation leaked, he denied that it had ever taken place. Then when he learned it was caught on tape he claimed they were just joking.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I don’t mind blood, guts, gore, shit or pus (bone, belly, or butt) but I cannot fucking stand snot/phlegm. Fuck that

Patients with trachs are def high on my list of nursing responsibilities that makes me think "what am I doing with my life?" every time I take care of one. 

On 5/24/2021 at 6:42 PM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

In case anyone is curious what the GQP talking points are this week:

Funny how they speak of "energy dependence."  They've been trying to pin the price of gas on him since the fourth week in January and had to eat their dicks on that.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The NSDAP blocks bipartisan legislation to investigate the arson attack on the Reichstag building. 

He knows. He knows if the truth is revealed that the calls for certain people to resign will grow in momentum and thus lose them numbers in the Senate. He also knows that supporters will also be calling for new people to primary the old.

I mean think about Tom Two Tubs meeting the night before. Cruz traveling around the country speaking. And those are the lesser players in a way. Hawley, LIndsey and his phone calls. It's really really bad. That's just the Senate.

• Hook 'Em 1

“Thinking about QAnon, if it were a religion, it would be as big as all white evangelical Protestants, or all white mainline Protestants,” he added. “So it lines up there with a major religious group.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/27/us/politics/qanon-republicans-trump.html

As hopes fade for a bipartisan inquiry into the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, it’s increasingly clear that the Republican base remains in thrallto the web of untruths spun by Donald J. Trump — and perhaps even more outlandish lies, beyond those of the former president’s making.

A federal judge warned in an opinion yesterday that Mr. Trump’s insistence on the “big lie” — that the November election was stolen from him — still posed a serious threat. Presiding over the case of a man accused of storming Congress on Jan. 6, Judge Amy Berman Jackson of the United States District Court in Washington wrote: “The steady drumbeat that inspired defendant to take up arms has not faded away. Six months later, the canard that the election was stolen is being repeated daily on major news outlets and from the corridors of power in state and federal government, not to mention in the near-daily fulminations of the former president.”

But it’s not just the notion that the election was stolen that has caught on with the former president’s supporters. QAnon, an outlandish and ever-evolving conspiracy theory spread by some of Mr. Trump’s most ardent followers, has significant traction with a segment of the public — particularly Republicans and Americans who consume news from far-right sources.

Those are the findings of a poll released today by the Public Religion Research Institute and the Interfaith Youth Core, which found that 15 percent of Americans say they think that the levers of power are controlled by a cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles, a core belief of QAnon supporters. The same share said it was true that “American patriots may have to resort to violence” to depose the pedophiles and restore the country’s rightful order.

Spoiler

And fully 20 percent of respondents said that they thought a biblical-scale storm would soon sweep away these evil elites and “restore the rightful leaders.”

“These are words I never thought I would write into a poll question, or have the need to, but here we are,” Robby Jones, the founder of P.R.R.I., said in an interview.

The teams behind the poll determined that 14 percent of Americans fall into the category of “QAnon believers,” composed of those who agreed with the statements in all three questions. Among Republicans only, that rises to roughly one in four. (Twelve percent of independents and 7 percent of Democrats were categorized as QAnon believers.)

But the analysts went a level further: They created a category labeled “QAnon doubters” to include respondents who had said they “mostly disagreed” with the outlandish statements, but didn’t reject them outright. Another 55 percent of Republicans fell into this more ambivalent category.

Which means that just one in five Republicans fully rejected the premises of the QAnon conspiracy theory. For Democrats, 58 percent were flat-out QAnon rejecters.

Mr. Jones said he was struck by the prevalence of QAnon’s adherents. Overlaying the share of poll respondents who expressed belief in its core principles over the country’s total population, “that’s more than 30 million people,” he said.

“Thinking about QAnon, if it were a religion, it would be as big as all white evangelical Protestants, or all white mainline Protestants,” he added. “So it lines up there with a major religious group.”

He also noted the correlation between belief in QAnon’s fictions and the conviction that armed conflict would be necessary. “It’s one thing to say that most Americans laugh off these outlandish beliefs, but when you take into consideration that these beliefs are linked to a kind of apocalyptic thinking and violence, then it becomes something quite different,” he said.

The Public Religion Research Institute and the Interfaith Youth Core found a strong correlation between where people gets their news and how much they believe in QAnon’s ideas. Among those who said they most trusted far-right news outlets, such as One America News Network and Newsmax, two in five qualified as full-on QAnon believers. Fully 48 percent of these news consumers said they expected a storm to wipe away the elites soon.

That puts these news consumers far out of alignment with the rest of the country — even fans of the conservative-leaning Fox News. Among respondents who preferred Fox News above other sources, 18 percent were QAnon believers.

Mr. Trump himself has avoided saying much about QAnon, but when he was pressed to denounce the theory while in office, he refused. At a news conference last year, he seemed to indicate that he was pleased by QAnon followers’ fondness for him. “I understand they like me very much, which I appreciate,” he said, adding that “the movement” was “gaining in popularity.”

While QAnon followers continue to be a minority among Republicans, some of the party’s most visible figures — and most successful fund-raisers — have publicly flirted with the conspiracy theory.

Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia, who is currently on a speaking tour with Representative Matt Gaetz of Florida, expressed support for QAnon before she was elected; she has since publicly walked that back. Ms. Greene raised upward of $3 million in the first quarter of this year, an uncommonly huge sum, especially for a freshman lawmaker in a nonelection year.

The P.R.R.I./IFYC poll was conducted in March, among 5,625 respondents to Ipsos’s probability-based Knowledge Panel. It was analyzed this spring and released today.

Those who expressed belief in QAnon’s premises were also far more likely than others to say they believe in other conspiracy theories, the poll found. Four in 10 said they thought that “the Covid-19 vaccine contains a surveillance microchip that is the sign of the beast in biblical prophecy.”

Edited by Francisco 2.0

To understand the modern day GQP, everyone here should watch the movie Bob Roberts. Starring Tim Robbins as a personable Republican senate candidate in Pennsylvania who could play and sing some great songs, specialized in turning (bastardizing) songs from the hippie 60s into right wing talking points. 

Came out in 1991 with a great cast and great music and fucking nailed all this shit we are dealing with 30 years later. The music was so good that Tim Robbins refused to authorize a release a soundtrack of it because without the context of the movie it would do much more harm than good. The writer of that movie must have figured out time travel. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I didn't expend the greater part of my young motherhood using a bulb syringe and tissues on my children to now just casually normalize booger eating regardless of its health implications.

When my kid was a newborn, my wife bought some snot sucking tube/filter contraption called a Nose Frida. You would hold one end in your mouth, stick the other end in the snotty nose and suck. I was horrified. She used it twice and got sick twice. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

She’s also a really nice person.

My only complaint about her is that while she was nice and polite and all, she would never really give me the time of day.  I mean I I’m a guy who as a 18 year old teenager was completely obsessed with her and all and she can’t even bother to validate my feelings?

LOL. 

It's like the 5 minute rule for libertarians. Talk to one for five minutes or less and they'll seem completely normal. Any longer and they'll start talking about how actually the government shouldn't be allowed to shoot down an asteroid if it's about to hit the earth and about the importance of distinguishing between pedophilia and ephebophilia. Also how bitcoin will revolutionize the world.

Sounds like someone into CrossFit. Or Metabolife.
  • Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Mole said:

When my kid was a newborn, my wife bought some snot sucking tube/filter contraption called a Nose Frida. You would hold one end in your mouth, stick the other end in the snotty nose and suck. I was horrified. She used it twice and got sick twice. 

I can't stop laughing, this is horrific 

• Hook 'Em 2