The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

A super majority of democrats in 2018 believed that Russia tampered with vote tallies in order to get Donald Trump elected. 

Just for some context. 

The political brain damage in this country is deeply rooted and probably irreversible. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

yes, but unlike previous fascist movements this one is being lead by the absolute dumbest and uneducated people one could assemble. I'm no history buff so perhaps I'm wrong, but I think we're in uncharted territory here.

Dumbfuck uneducated and fascist go hand in hand together. Were it not for the nazis habitually favoring party-line stooges over experienced and knowledgeable commanders, WWII would have dragged on much longer. We know how empowered stupidity goes. 

It goes big, and then goes bust. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

A super majority of democrats in 2018 believed that Russia tampered with vote tallies in order to get Donald Trump elected. 

Just for some context. 

You're shitting me, right? I thought the Russia shit was overblown from the beginning--though there was at least some smoke there--but the accusation was never that they physically (or digitally) changed the actual tally.

Interference and Facebook bots before the election =/= widespread fraud at the polling center.

Jesus christ.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Just for some context. 

The political brain damage in this country is deeply rooted and probably irreversible. 

Excuse me, what? Please show me the polling data that supports this wild and unsubstantiated claim. 

I don't think voter tallies were altered, but I do think russia got access to privileged and sensitive polling data to do a shitload of targeted advertising to tip the election to trumps razor thin victory. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You're shitting me, right? I thought the Russia shit was overblown from the beginning--though there was at least some smoke there--but the accusation was never that they physically (or digitally) changed the actual tally.

Interference and Facebook bots before the election =/= widespread fraud at the polling center.

Jesus christ.

Nope. YouGov poll from March 4, 2018.

If you recall, Jill Stein made a lot of money pimping the hacking of voting machines narrative.  Hillary jumped on board one of the recount lawsuits that was predicated on potential of Russia hacking the electronic counting machines IIRC. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Excuse me, what? Please show me the polling data that supports this wild and unsubstantiated claim. 

I don't think voter tallies were altered, but I do think russia got access to privileged and sensitive polling data to do a shitload of targeted advertising to tip the election to trumps razor thin victory. 

page 54:

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/ylp5ygohjs/econTabReport.pdf

anyway, i remember the times the democrats used that conspiracy theory to assault the capitol and restrict voting rights. 

Edited by elfenix
tab didn't reopen to the same page
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

I was actually referring to this poll from March, but that one from Nov 2018 only reinforces the stability of the results over time. 

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/zq33h2ipcl/econTabReport.pdf

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I was actually referring to this poll from March, but that one from Nov 2018 only reinforces the stability of the results over time. 

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/zq33h2ipcl/econTabReport.pdf

i have to question the reliability of polling when a question like "george soros is funding the immigrant caravan" gets a 25% probably true rating from self-described democrats. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elfenix said:

i have to question the reliability of polling when a question like "george soros is funding the immigrant caravan" gets a 25% probably true rating from self-described democrats. 

No shit. I live in California, and I've never heard a single person question the validity of the 2016 election. Anecdotal, sure, but the same is nowhere near true for 2020.

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

No shit. I live in California, and I've never heard a single person question the validity of the 2016 election.

giphy.gif

HRC called him an illegitimate president. A third of her supporters said his election was illegitimate immediately after the election. Link

I know that some posters here are going to hate having this stuff pointed out and are going to whine about #bothsides, but we can't just act like it never happened. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

giphy.gif

HRC called him an illegitimate president. A third of her supporters said his election was illegitimate immediately after the election. Link

I know that some posters here are going to hate having this stuff pointed out and are going to whine about #bothsides, but we can't just act like it never happened. 

maybe you can bump the hillary thread.

6 minutes ago, elfenix said:

maybe you can bump the hillary thread.

Why would I do that?  I was responding to the aggie's notion that he never heard a single person question the validity of the 2016 election. Figured maybe he had heard of her, and it would resonate. 

6 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Next they will be claiming that they didn’t spend 2000-2008 with a, “Not my President” bumper sticker on their Prius.

And that they didn't know anyone who garaged their "Stop War Now!" front yard sign in Jan 2009. Cindy Sheehan?  Never heard of her. 

Edited by Anastasis

15 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Why would I do that?  I was responding to the aggie's notion that he never heard a single person question the validity of the 2016 election. Figured maybe he had heard of her, and it would resonate. 

you started your little side track in response to the poll showing that nearly half of republicans want the state to overturn the will of the people.  which is totes #bothsides. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Next they will be claiming that they didn’t spend 2000-2008 with a, “Not my President” bumper sticker on their Prius.

Dude, stop being a moron for two fucking seconds and pretending the two are remotely comparable.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

giphy.gif

Cool, so we're already walking it back. It started as "the majority of Democrats thought that Russia directly committed fraud to alter the vote tally," now we're at "one-third of Hilary supporters thought that the election was illegitimate," whatever that means.*

No, I've never heard a single person suggest that Russia hacked votes and that, in reality, Hillary won. Not once. I heard a lot of, "Holy shit, this can't be happening" and "The electoral college is a scam" in Nov 2016, but I don't think that directly implies fraud.

*probably a good chunk of people who just think that the electoral college is outdated

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I will admit to deciding in 2020 that Trump must have cheated in 2020 and in 2016. Since every accusation is a confession, and he accused the democrats both elections leading up to the election.  Since he won in 2016 there was no need to pursue it like he did in 2020.  That plus his over performance vs  polling and unfounded confidence both times, plus his unbelievable total vote increase in 2020 from 2016 tells me they likely cheated somehow. 

of course I have no proof, don’t claim to have proof that I don’t really have, haven’t filed any lawsuits about it, am not spouting off about it on social media, not perpetuating it on television and radio, and am not trying to bend the laws in furtherance of my preferred style of governance nor have I tried to forcibly take control of the government. 

it’s just a hunch.

Edited by Pato del Muerto

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Cool, so we're already walking it back. It started as "the majority of Democrats thought that Russia directly committed fraud to alter the vote tally," now we're at "one-third of Hilary supporters thought that the election was illegitimate," whatever that means.

No, I've never heard a single person suggest that Russia hacked votes and that, in reality, Hillary win. Not once. I heard a lot of, "Holy shit, this can't be happening" in Nov 2016, but I don't think that directly implies fraud.

Ugh, nothing is getting walked back here buddy. Different polls, different timeframes, different stems. Ostrich if you want. 

15 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I will admit to deciding in 2020 that Trump must have cheated in 2020 and in 2016. Since every accusation is a confession, and he accused the democrats both elections leading up to the election.  Since he won in 2016 there was no need to pursue it like he did in 2020.  That plus his over performance vs  polling and unfounded confidence both times, plus his unbelievable total vote increase in 2020 from 2016 tells me they likely cheated somehow. 

of course I have no proof, don’t claim to have proof that I don’t really have, haven’t filed any lawsuits about it, am not spouting off about it on social media, not perpetuating it on television and radio, and am not trying to bend the laws in furtherance of my preferred style of governance nor have I tried to forcibly take control of the government. 

it’s just a hunch.

I've thought the same. He ran the same play as 2016, but severely underestimated turnout. Lost his shit because he thought the fix was in.  

Edit to add I wouldn't be surprised to find out team R had something funny going on with Dominion machines that either didn't work or like I said, they underestimated turnout. The way they immediately started casting doubt on those machines was a bit of a tell. 

Edited by Pescado_Rojo
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

So let's say the first 6 happen, and even the first part of the 7th.  Can you point me to the part of the Constitution that says that all acts of an impeached official that happened while they are in office are automatically null and void?  I'll admit I'm no Constitutional scholar, so I probably missed it.

Edited by NameAlreadyInUse

19 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Ugh, nothing is getting walked back here buddy. Different polls, different timeframes, different stems. Ostrich if you want. 

Dude, I generally respect your posting, but if you honestly believe that there's any comparison whatsoever to the losing sides' mindsets, ferocity, need to invent conspiracy theories, and distrust of the vote counting process--fed by outright lies--in 2016 and 2020, you've done lost your marbles at some point on your both sides crusade.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Dude, I generally respect your posting, but if you honestly believe that there's any comparison whatsoever to the losing sides' mindsets, ferocity, need to invent conspiracy theories, and distrust of the vote counting process--fed by outright lies--in 2016 and 2020, you've done lost your marbles at some point on your both sides crusade.

Pee pee tapes and four years of

image.gif.49baabccfd1b13fe03ed516c2f99f148.gif

say, Hello!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This is just amazing. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I've thought the same. He ran the same play as 2016, but severely underestimated turnout. Lost his shit because he thought the fix was in.  

Edit to add I wouldn't be surprised to find out team R had something funny going on with Dominion machines that either didn't work or like I said, they underestimated turnout. The way they immediately started casting doubt on those machines was a bit of a tell. 

Every time you think that Trump is possibly behind an organized conspiracy, punch yourself in the balls and remember that Trump, and those around him, are not smart enough, capable enough, or quiet enough to pull off a surprise birthday party.

9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

This is just amazing. 

Again, I'm talking specifically about the trust in the election vote count. There's not a comparison whatsoever, and you fucking know it. That you're even arguing that point is amazing. How many lawsuits? How many Four Seasons press conferences? How many election laws have now been forced through on the back of blatant lies? How many insurrections? How many party members continue to purposely sow distrust in elections based on literally nothing?

Don't try to Russia, Russia, Russia your way out of this. Be better.

Edited by aggie08

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Every time you think that Trump is possibly behind an organized conspiracy, punch yourself in the balls and remember that Trump, and those around him, are not smart enough, capable enough, or quiet enough to pull off a surprise birthday party.

See, I think that we actually agree on this stuff.  But acting like ranging conspiracy theories and claiming the 2016 election illegitimate were not widespread and widely held from 2016-2020 is just nuts.

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

See, I think that we actually agree on this stuff.  But acting like ranging conspiracy theories and claiming the 2016 election illegitimate were not widespread and widely held from 2016-2020 is just nuts.

I'm not aware of any posters on here that think that, but don't let me get in the way of your aggy-level spiking the football on the results of an online only poll. 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

dude. I don't know what the fuck you are talking about. I'm as liberal as they come. most of my friends are as or more liberal than me. while there was some disbelief and consternation and some flirting with conspiracy theories early on, no one in my circle was wringing their hands over the idea that the election was stolen. I think you are either misinformed or misremembering. I feel ya, I've been wrongly remembering shit from the last 4+ years a lot lately.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

I'm not aware of any posters on here that think that, but don't let me get in the way of your aggy-level spiking the football on the results of an online only poll. 

Hey!

Oh wait, continue.

• Haha 1