The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

40 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Lulz at step 3. 

Like if I had a plan to give Texas the 2020 National Championship and the plan was "reveal that Texas actually went undefeated and then won two playoff games." 

Lulz at step fucking 1.  Is this Dungeons and Dragons?  These people are infants. 

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I will admit to deciding in 2020 that Trump must have cheated in 2020 and in 2016. Since every accusation is a confession, and he accused the democrats both elections leading up to the election.  Since he won in 2016 there was no need to pursue it like he did in 2020.  That plus his over performance vs  polling and unfounded confidence both times, plus his unbelievable total vote increase in 2020 from 2016 tells me they likely cheated somehow. 

of course I have no proof, don’t claim to have proof that I don’t really have, haven’t filed any lawsuits about it, am not spouting off about it on social media, not perpetuating it on television and radio, and am not trying to bend the laws in furtherance of my preferred style of governance nor have I tried to forcibly take control of the government. 

it’s just a hunch.

100% the Russians hacked FL in 2016 

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Not sure where this goes.  Snow's BBQ in Lexington just tweeted that they will be closed tomorrow because of the "rally."

I was like "What the FUCK?"  So I did a search on Twitter and found this:

SMDH.  This is why we can't have nice things.

Treat it like a biker rally, unless you want more of it.  

For those in the deep red, don't engage. It's a lure. Don't go to a fight. Show the world what civilized people do on a summer day in Texas. Ignore, if able. 

Peace.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

This is just amazing. 

Why are you defending the republicans obvious descent into fascism? I realize you won’t answer but that’s exactly what you are doing here by both sidesing what is currently going on in the Republican Party. 

Treat it like a biker rally, unless you want more of it.  
For those in the deep red, don't engage. It's a lure. Don't go to a fight. Show the world what civilized people do on a summer day in Texas. Ignore, if able. 
Peace.

Odds are very high that it’s a fake. [mention]MaybeACoordinator [/mention] is usually able to get onto this sort of thing. They’re created by fake accounts (yes, some are Russian). But the point is, it’s not a real thing. It’s created to sow discord.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Lulz at step 3. 

Like if I had a plan to give Texas the 2020 National Championship and the plan was "reveal that Texas actually went undefeated and then won two playoff games." 

Sounds like a plan aggy would actually try.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

See, I think that we actually agree on this stuff.  But acting like ranging conspiracy theories and claiming the 2016 election illegitimate were not widespread and widely held from 2016-2020 is just nuts.

Ana - they are not gaslighting you. The Fox News Silo had extremely limited reach. What was news over there was not a blip overhere. The narratives Fox spun to that broad conservative silo were made up, for the most part but directed to reach disparate groups of voters and bring them into a community. Clever strategy by a fucking Aussie.

You are trying to communicate with people who never felt the Fox rages. Trump was an amalgamation of so many disjointed ideologies and motivations. I liken it to the Land of the Misfit Toys, in a kind way, sincerely. There is so much potential for improvement in the heart, soul (and productivity for you beancounters out there). 

From your vantage point, how does the great divide end between these two great peoples?

Edited by washparkhorn
outline remnant

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

See, I think that we actually agree on this stuff.  But acting like ranging conspiracy theories and claiming the 2016 election illegitimate were not widespread and widely held from 2016-2020 is just nuts.

While true, I also remember that time in early January 2017 when Obama and his lawyer gave that speech in front of the White House behind a big ole plate of bulletproof glass urging his supporters to march on the Capitol, with him at their side, because the election had just been stolen and a whole  bunch of black dudes started assaulting Capitol police smashed windows and ransacked the Capitol. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It's also a semantics argument. I'm sure some--though no where near a majority--thought that Trump's win was "illegitimate" because they were/are fed up with the electoral college, and/or they thought that Russia's pre-election interference created an unfair, tainted election. Butthurt and exaggerating foreign impact, sure, but not exactly treasonous, nor trying to sow discord in one of the tenets of our democracy.

People who truly think that Biden's win was illegitimate, for a dude who won the electoral college and the popular vote by 7 million fucking votes, 100% believe that widespread fraud took place...because they're fucking idiots...who blindly believe bad faith politicians and Trump sycophants who know that they're lying to personally profit and further erode the confidence in future elections...so they can repeat this same bullshit the next time the results don't go their way...hopefully with a different, more authoritarian outcome. 

But yeah, totally both sides.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Anastasis said:

A super majority of democrats in 2018 believed that Russia tampered with vote tallies in order to get Donald Trump elected. 

Just for some context. 

The political brain damage in this country is deeply rooted and probably irreversible. 

No they didn’t.  That is the bullshit that idiots spread to try and justify their “belief” that the 2020 election was stolen.  Big difference between influence and tamper.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Odds are very high that it’s a fake. [mention]MaybeACoordinator [/mention] is usually able to get onto this sort of thing. They’re created by fake accounts (yes, some are Russian). But the point is, it’s not a real thing. It’s created to sow discord.

Well that's fucked up because some people are just trying to get bbq man.

3 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

So let's say the first 6 happen, and even the first part of the 7th.  Can you point me to the part of the Constitution that says that all acts of an impeached official that happened while they are in office are automatically null and void?  I'll admit I'm no Constitutional scholar, so I probably missed it.

Once you buy into “a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away,” you don’t look too closely at all the plot holes that follow 

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

dude. I don't know what the fuck you are talking about. I'm as liberal as they come. most of my friends are as or more liberal than me. while there was some disbelief and consternation and some flirting with conspiracy theories early on, no one in my circle was wringing their hands over the idea that the election was stolen. I think you are either misinformed or misremembering. I feel ya, I've been wrongly remembering shit from the last 4+ years a lot lately.

its the shit of modern day intereactions on the internets. we all carry around the weight and judgement of everyone for ever. all of it. magnitude, nuance, et gets harder with each passing year it seems. 

this place is anti-trump echo chamber, not a pro democrat echo chamber. i get making fun of the former (i do it often) but get confused with the later. i guess its just part of living with the Death Spiral. 

my two cents - didn't do/think anything about cheating in 2016. as 2020 approached i for sure believe trump cheated in both 2016 and 2020. to what end and how? knowing him likely with lots of effort and little actual anything to show for it. low functioning narcissist and all. 

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, staboner said:

its the shit of modern day intereactions on the internets. we all carry around the weight and judgement of everyone for ever. all of it. magnitude, nuance, et gets harder with each passing year it seems. 

this place is anti-trump echo chamber, not a pro democrat echo chamber. i get making fun of the former (i do it often) but get confused with the later. i guess its just part of living with the Death Spiral. 

my two cents - didn't do/think anything about cheating in 2016. as 2020 approached i for sure believe trump cheated in both 2016 and 2020. to what end and how? knowing him likely with lots of effort and little actual anything to show for it. low functioning narcissist and all. 

My 2 cents is that there was shenanigans in 2016, particularly in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Florida. But I can never prove it so my belief is totally irrelevant so that means trump won. So be it.

In 2020 having 4 years to prepare for shenanigans,  my belief is the states prepared for them so the vote was valid. I also believe trump and the republicans hated vote by mail because you can’t fuck with a paper ballot by mail. Trump did try with fucking with the postal service though to stop it but it’ didn’t work.

Nevertheless, only one party attacked the Capitol and we all know who that was. The republicans unfortunately are a fascist party now and we should all recognize that fact and what it ultimately means.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Face. Leopards. Eating etc.

Off topic, but that Hilton Anatole is probably the most hookerish hotel in Dallas, on a level not seen outside Vegas. I mean, the bars are full of them, and starting at about 1130 during conventions they will leave the rooms of a client that brought them up and then prowl the hallways on the guest floors selling hot pockets. It's really gross. 

I can't even imagine what sort of fringe interest activities are on offer there during CPAC. Probably something for every taste. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Haha 1

Off topic, but that Hilton Anatole is probably the most hookerish hotel in Dallas, on a level not seen outside Vegas. I mean, the bars are full of them, and starting at about 1130 during conventions they will leave the rooms of a client that brought them up and then prowl the hallways on the guest floors selling hot pockets. It's really gross. 
I can't even imagine what sort of fringe interest activities are on offer there during CPAC. Probably something for every taste. 

I don’t think Jim Gaffigan likes THOSE hot pockets.
  • Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I can second this post. Err, or that’s what I’ve been told anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

he asked me to help him find a job, i played dumb. told him i didnt know anyone hiring

I would just tell the guy that I couldn't in good conscience recommend a fucking nutbag moron for any of the job openings I was aware of.

The interview at the end of the latest Pod Save America episode is must listen. Normally their interviews are meh, but this author (writer of Cruelty is the Point) just nails why we are where we are. He is one of the first and only people to speak to the circumstances we find ourselves in by squarely understanding what the Republicans have become and why. 

https://crooked.com/podcast-series/pod-save-america/

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

The interview at the end of the latest Pod Save America episode is must listen. Normally their interviews are meh, but this author (writer of Cruelty is the Point) just nails why we are where we are. He is one of the first and only people to speak to the circumstances we find ourselves in by squarely understanding what the Republicans have become and why. 

https://crooked.com/podcast-series/pod-save-america/

Can you summarize?  I’ll watch later. 

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

They're selling Hot Pockets in the hallways?  WTF?

17 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Well whatever it is the folks at Snows viewed it as serious enough that they closed for a day. 

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Can you summarize?  I’ll watch later. 

I mean it’s like 20 minutes, but the main takeaway, which we clearly know on this board, but needs to be understood by the country at large, is that trump did not cause this, he took advantage of it. This isn’t going away because he is gone. 

ETA: also, for anyone that thought Rs would change their ways after losing, they didn’t actually lose by that much. They picked up voters with their horrible behavior, so why would they change?  There was no dire consequence. Yes, they lost the WH, senate, and house. BARELY.  Not by enough to convince them to full on burn the party to the ground. 

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I mean it’s like 20 minutes, but the main takeaway, which we clearly know on this board, but needs to be understood by the country at large, is that trump did not cause this, he took advantage of it. This isn’t going away because he is gone. 

He may not have started the fire but he definitely fanned the flames and poured gasoline on it.