The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

35 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Do not Google ‘Alabama hot pocket’ 

thanks 

Yeah, I tried to check the Urban Dictionary for a definition and stumbled across that. That was a new one to me. Apparently it’s also known as a Mississippi hot pocket.

Try to get away with THAT in a hotel hallway. Good luck.

Edit: The definition I found still doesn’t fit the description, and I know we’re not talking about an act committed in a hotel hallway. Near as I can figure, it’s just another term for “sloppy seconds.”

Edited by WhatTheBuck

24 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yeah, I tried to check the Urban Dictionary for a definition and stumbled across that. That was a new one to me. Apparently it’s also known as a Mississippi hot pocket.

Try to get away with THAT in a hotel hallway. Good luck.

image.png.2abb0803b3d2eb5683b9216e9f745981.png

22 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Odds are very high that it’s a fake. [mention]MaybeACoordinator [/mention] is usually able to get onto this sort of thing. They’re created by fake accounts (yes, some are Russian). But the point is, it’s not a real thing. It’s created to sow discord.

I can't find any reports of this happening on FB or Twitter...If true my guess would be they picked Lexington because of the name's affiliation w/ 1776, and also b/c they knew there would be some libs to trigger in line at Snpw's. If fake, it's a pretty creative one, but certainly not beyond the above-average imagination. On the other hand, those are some artsy-fartsy graphics on the WLM flyer. SO.....I declare: FAKE. Maybe a conspiracy to move Snow's to a Sunday opening. 

6 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Off topic, but that Hilton Anatole is probably the most hookerish hotel in Dallas, on a level not seen outside Vegas. I mean, the bars are full of them, and starting at about 1130 during conventions they will leave the rooms of a client that brought them up and then prowl the hallways on the guest floors selling hot pockets. It's really gross. 

I can't even imagine what sort of fringe interest activities are on offer there during CPAC. Probably something for every taste. 

Mark Cuban GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

crap...Pescado_Rojo beat me to it. Kudos.

Edited by yoladu

14 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I like Mr. Biker dude

Just like 2016, amiright? Who could forget all of those Democratic conventions with hordes of people being riled into a frenzy by D politicians straight up lying to their faces that an election was stolen 8 fucking months after the results were tallied? And how, 6 months after an insurrection attempt, they had made no effort whatsoever to repair the erosion of public confidence in free and fair elections that they alone created. Remember when they ostracized everyone in their party who refused to push the lie and bow down at the alter of Hillary? Or when they passed 400 state election laws to make it more difficult for rural people to vote? Man, good times. Both sides, indeed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

15 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I can't find any reports of this happening on FB or Twitter...If true my guess would be they picked Lexington because of the name's affiliation w/ 1776, and also b/c they knew there would be some libs to trigger in line at Snpw's. If fake, it's a pretty creative one, but certainly not beyond the above-average imagination. On the other hand, those are some artsy-fartsy graphics on the WLM flyer. SO.....I declare: FAKE. Maybe a conspiracy to move Snow's to a Sunday opening. 

It was probably fake, since it didn’t happen.  Probably a ploy by John Mueller to shut Snows down for a day.

https://www.rockdalereporter.com/breaking-news-news/wlm-supporters-fail-hold-planned-lexington-rally

Who could forget four years of fabricated Russiagate bullshit.  Merely the entirety of the MSM media reporting, “walls closing in” ad-nauseum.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/russiagate-fiasco-taibbi-news-media-826246/

In other words, all those fancy org charts were meaningless. Because there was no conspiracy, all those “walls are closing in” reports — and there were a ton of them — were wrong. We were told we’d hit “turning point” after “turning point” leading to the “the beginning of the end,” with Trump certain, soon, to either resign in shame, Nixon-style, or be impeached.

6 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Who could forget four years of fabricated Russiagate bullshit.  Merely the entirety of the MSM media reporting, “walls closing in” ad-nauseum.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/russiagate-fiasco-taibbi-news-media-826246/

In other words, all those fancy org charts were meaningless. Because there was no conspiracy, all those “walls are closing in” reports — and there were a ton of them — were wrong. We were told we’d hit “turning point” after “turning point” leading to the “the beginning of the end,” with Trump certain, soon, to either resign in shame, Nixon-style, or be impeached.

Lol why'd you sign into WWS's YouTube account? I'm surprised that you'd listen to the people who first hired fusion GPS to look into trump

I absolutely believe that Russian internet psyops helped mobilize the aggrieved morons that constitute Trump's base in 2016.

Much as outlined in Mueller's indictment of IRA.

I think the Trump campaign tried to work with various actors to promote those activities and related things like the email dumps.  I'm not sure they were very successful, but they didn't need to be.  The russkies got it done, regardless.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

You continue to compare Politics 101 to the treasonous actions of a personality cult. We've seen "Russia" a dozen times: one side makes a misstep, the other blows it way the fuck out of proportion for political gain. I mean, thank god he didn't get caught getting a consensual blowjob that he didn't even have to pay for! It's pathetic and shameless, but it's not new...even if it was taken to eleven because Trump. The last 8 months aren't politicians being politicians; it's been a direct attack on democracy fed by the outright lies and delusions of one man, backed at every step by what can only be described as cultists at this point.

You know what you're doing, and you know why you're doing it. Anything to minimize what has transpired since Nov 3. It's not going to work.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think the Trump campaign tried to work with various actors to promote those activities and related things like the email dumps.  I'm not sure they were very successful

That's why I've never really cared about the Russia stuff, at least as it relates to "punishing" Trump. Not that he wouldn't have tried to request their assistance if he thought they could help him win, but that he and his dipshit sons are way too incompetent to pull it off. Russian intelligence is too smart to loop an ignoramus like Trump in. It was always a nothing for me. 

Regardless, the limited smoke around Trump/Russia fucking billows compared to the stolen election lie.

29 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You continue to compare Politics 101 to the treasonous actions of a personality cult. We've seen "Russia" a dozen times: one side makes a misstep, the other blows it way the fuck out of proportion for political gain. I mean, thank god he didn't get caught getting a consensual blowjob that he didn't even have to pay for! It's pathetic and shameless, but it's not new...even if it was taken to eleven because Trump. The last 8 months aren't politicians being politicians; it's been a direct attack on democracy fed by the outright lies and delusions of one man, backed at every step by what can only be described as cultists at this point.

You know what you're doing, and you know why you're doing it. Anything to minimize what has transpired since Nov 3. It's not going to work.

“Trump is controlled by The Kremlin” = Politics 101.

good fucking god.

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

“Trump is controlled by The Kremlin” = Politics 101.

good fucking god.

"Long-form birth certificate."

Would you just admit that you're one of the Republicans that believes the election was stolen already? You're not hiding it very well.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

"Long-form birth certificate."

Would you just admit that you're one of the Republicans that believes the election was stolen already? You're not hiding it very well.

So, both sides.

No, I don’t believe the election was stolen.

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

So, both sides.

No, I don’t believe the election was stolen.

Yea, both sides practice the slimy art of politics.
Only one side has mustered in an attempt to forcibly take control of the Capitol, Assisi are political enemies, and deny the will of the people.

not all of the people there that day had any or all of those goals, but enough did and the people driving it including trump did. 

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Only one side has mustered in an attempt to forcibly take control of the Capitol, Assisi are political enemies, and deny the will of the people.

not all of the people there that day had any or all of those goals, but enough did and the people driving it including trump did. 

Great,we agree.

Edited by Incredulity

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And then, instead of denouncing Jan 6 and working to restore public confidence in our elections, they instead want to pretend that those rambunctious tourists never happened, and use the lies and ramblings of a madman to justify voter suppression laws across the country.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

That interview was rage inducing.  The fucking intellectual dishonesty at CPAC isn’t surprising but guys like Schlapp have convinced themselves. 

32 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Great,we agree.

So.....what the hell are you arguing if even you agree that nothing compares to what we've seen the past 8 months? The original post responsible for this derail is that, just like Republicans, the majority of Democrats believed that Trump's win in 2016 was due to direct fraud to the vote count on election day. Which was and is abject horseshit. Because it takes complete party complicity to sell the rubes on outright lies, and purposely weaken our democracy.

Edited by aggie08

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

You do know that Trump was impeached, right?  Actually he was impeached twice.  What a fucking loser.

• Hook 'Em 1

Stop lying, please @Incredulity

On 7/9/2021 at 1:25 PM, Anastasis said:

A super majority of democrats in 2018 believed that Russia tampered with vote tallies in order to get Donald Trump elected. 

Just for some context. 

The political brain damage in this country is deeply rooted and probably irreversible. 

Edited by aggie08

On 7/9/2021 at 11:10 AM, Brandywine said:

I never thought Trump was the legitimate POTUS in 2017-2021. So there's that!

On 7/9/2021 at 1:54 PM, aggie08 said:

No shit. I live in California, and I've never heard a single person question the validity of the 2016 election. Anecdotal, sure, but the same is nowhere near true for 2020.

@aggie08

interdasting.

Who’s lying?

Edited by Incredulity
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Incredulity said:

The claim: I've never heard a single person question the validity of the 2016 election.

I haven't.

I have heard and it has been proven that Russians infiltrated social media with bots and humans to influence the election.  

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

@aggie08

interdasting

I realize that you're purposely playing the obtuse simpleton as a bit, but questioning the legitimacy of a president--be it from losing the popular vote, foreign social media interference, general gross incompetence, or possibly not being born in the Untied States--isn't in the same ballpark as believing in massive, widespread voter fraud. You realize this, no matter how hard you capitulate 

But hey, a couple people on this thread have flat out said that they believe that Russia tampered with the Florida vote count in 2016, so they do exist! Maybe they're the "super majority" after all. Having personally never met them though, I wasn't lying. Meanwhile, I know at least a dozen otherwise intelligent people who believe in Dominion WiFi access and bamboo ballots.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, tigol said:

I haven't.

I have heard and it has been proven that Russians infiltrated social media with bots and humans to influence the election.  

Yep. I think he’s just off his meds. Been trolling around randomly the last few days with no real goal it seems like. 

3 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Link? Because the only thing I found that lends support to your claim is a YouGov online poll. But the conclusion was not a super majority believed Russia tampered vote tallies, but rather 55% believed it was either probably (33%) or definitely (22%) true.

Polls show that a higher percentage of Republicans believe the election was “stolen” from Trump.

And just comparing these two claims without context is bullshit. Russia interfered in the 2016 election. That’s a fucking fact, as documented by the Mueller report. It appears unlikely that Russia tampered with vote tallies, but officials believe they did hack into voter rolls. So in 2018, a year before the Mueller report released, a belief that Russia hacked voter tallies was incorrect but was not far off from the truth, which is that Russia interfered with intent to influence the election and hacked into some electoral databases. The view that Russia went a step further was a legitimate inference from what we knew about Russia’s role at the time, although it ultimately proved incorrect. 

The belief in 2021 that the 2020 election was stolen or rigged is wrong on far different level. There is no evidence to support it. It’s been tested in court and failed miserably dozens of times. The vast majority of congressional Republicans and even Trump bootlick Bill Barr outright rejected it. The few reports of voter fraud related mostly to Trump (not Biden) supporters. There’s no reasonable basis to believe there was any measurable fraud in favor of Biden in 2020. As such, believing the 2020 election was stolen is entirely unjustifiable and inconsistent with all available evidence. 

Thank you for explaining this much better than I have been able to in several pages.

I'd say that these nut bars are going to go down in the history books right alongside 9/11 truthers, but 45M+ people believe this shit. And they have an entire political party willing to play to their worst impulses and delusions if it means passing another voter suppression law.

• Like 1

Here’s the reality we face. Once and if the republicans take control again, they will never give it up. Like Hitler did in the 30s and putin is doing in Russia right now. If and when they gain control, they will never give it up. We dodged a huge bullet by somehow expelling proto fascist trump and his band of incompetent criminals. Next time we won’t be so lucky. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Link? Because the only thing I found that lends support to your claim is a YouGov online poll. But the conclusion was not a super majority believed Russia tampered vote tallies, but rather 55% believed it was either probably (33%) or definitely (22%) true.

Polls show that a higher percentage of Republicans believe the election was “stolen” from Trump.

And just comparing these two claims without context is lazy bothsideser bullshit. Russia interfered in the 2016 election. That’s a fucking fact, as documented by the Mueller report. It appears unlikely that Russia tampered with vote tallies, but officials believe they did hack into voter rolls. So in 2018, a year before the Mueller report released, a belief that Russia hacked voter tallies was incorrect but was not far off from the truth, which is that Russia interfered with intent to influence the election and hacked into some electoral databases. The view that Russia went a step further was a legitimate inference from what we knew about Russia’s role at the time, although it ultimately proved incorrect. 

The belief in 2021 that the 2020 election was stolen or rigged is wrong on far different level. There is no evidence to support it. It’s been tested in court and failed miserably dozens of times. The vast majority of congressional Republicans and even Trump bootlick Bill Barr outright rejected it. The few reports of voter fraud related mostly to Trump (not Biden) supporters. There’s no reasonable basis to believe there was any measurable fraud in favor of Biden in 2020. As such, believing the 2020 election was stolen is entirely unjustifiable and inconsistent with all available evidence. 

Anastasis is a dishonest actor when it comes to Trump and Russia. He’s incapable of rational debate (or thought) when it comes to that subject. It’s a waste of time to try to engage him. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1