The movie you just watched

F250

11 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Just watched the movie: Hereditary

god damn this movie started out slow and was very hard to get into but the last 20 minutes or so were very entertaining. Can’t recommend it just based on how slow it started.

Hereditary is great.  I'm really looking forward to Aster's new film Midsommar.

• Like 1

Treasure of the Sierra Madre

What a fun movie with one of the most famous movie quotes of all time. Is it usually shown with English subtitles? I speak Spanish so it was fine, but I wasnt sure if the Spanish only scenes like in Durango are simple enough where the audience would just understand what was going on anyway? Somehow I had made it all this time without watching it. Key Largo is up next.

Edited by SimonBolivar

Just watched the new Predator flick on HBO. I liked it. Just the right amount of humor mixed in with some pretty good action scenes. Not as gritty as the original but as far as the plot and story goes, who cares? I snickered and whoa'd a few times and that's all that matters. Would probably watch a sequel if they put one together.

On May 3, 2019 at 2:21 PM, tantric superman said:

Roman J. Israel, Esq. (2017).

This is a weird ass movie.  Can't recommend, but I think I kind of liked it, mainly just because of the main characters.  But it sucked I think.

817Zu2GD70L._SX342_.jpg

I haven't seen it. I think it probably sucked just based on looking at the poster. 

17 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Finally got around to watching Marty on TCM tonight.  Nice dated, simple little film.  "Lotta tomatoes at the Starlight ballroom". 

728full-marty-screenshot.jpg

Yeah, that's Sgt. Carter on the left.

Did you watch The Catered Affair that came on next? Another solid performance by Ernie along with Bette Davis and Debbie Reynolds. Also written by Paddy Chayefsky.

On 4/7/2019 at 1:10 AM, ztejas said:

Your name is great. You should check out 5 cm per second if you haven't seen it.

Wondering if anyone here has seen or a fan of Redline. Great little anime flick. Watching rn for probably the 4th or 5th time. 

Oh, yeah, your name didnt need a remake. Fucking stupid. Kind of take issue with you putting Donald Glover and Zendaya in the same sentence, though. Glover can act and has some decent tunes even though he's a fucking cheeseball. 

On 4/7/2019 at 1:16 AM, ztejas said:

2nd only to TDK in the Nolan catalogue. Great film. All time Caine performance and my muse Bowie is great as well. 

/csb - the 2nd time I watched it I had somehow forgotten the twist at the end. So I got to see it twice with the twist somewhat intact. 

How are you guys watching "Your Name"  Seems tough to stream, but not very familiar with the tech savvy community 

Finally saw Aquaman. I know this probably belongs on the unpopular opinions thread but I enjoyed it. I liked the love story and was a sucker for the guy who went to the pier every morning and when they reunited I was like YEA! and i was moved by the humility of Aquaman when trying to get the trident from the monster.

7 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Finally saw Aquaman. I know this probably belongs on the unpopular opinions thread but I enjoyed it. I liked the love story and was a sucker for the guy who went to the pier every morning and when they reunited I was like YEA! and i was moved by the humility of Aquaman when trying to get the trident from the monster.

I appreciate your review. It makes me more certain that I wouldn't like that movie. 

Bohemian Rhapsody.

Enjoyed, ending at Live Aid was a great scene. 

Interesting that all of the members were educated guys. I also was somewhat surprised to learn that Freddie was actually married to a woman for a while, for the first 30 minutes I had the confuse.

Wife and 12yo daughter loved that movie. Which made them interested in Live Aid. Spent a while after the movie watching actual live aid clips on YouTube.

I’m doing my best to brainwash the 12yo re: good music. Wife is too far gone.

I enjoyed Blackkklansman. Almost didn't feel like a Spike Lee film, until he beat us over the head with the recent news footage at the end. It was like the rat on the railing at the end of The Departed. We get it. Your point was made. Don't treat the audience like they're dense.

4 hours ago, tantric superman said:

So great.  I actually was a bit disappointed that The Death of Stalin didn't have a bit more of the frenetic energy of this one, but different flicks.

You're correct, the entire flick is great.

Gandolfini's scene in the video I posted is so awesome.

In Harm's Way. Not the John Wayne, Kirk Douglas 60's film, but the 2017 one starring Emile Hirsch as a downed Doolittle raider in China. Decent flick. The pace is pretty slow and most of the film is in Chinese with subtitles, but worth a watch if you like WWII based stuff.

14 hours ago, NIUHuskies said:

Hell or High Water has been on Netflix for a while. Finally, got around to watching. Thought it would be a slow burner. It is pretty good.

The last scene where Bridges drives off to Outlaw State of Mind is epic.

10 minutes ago, bernorange said:

I watched Perfect Bid the other day.  Documentary about Price is Right contestant/superfan.  It's strangely compelling until the end.  Last 15-20 minutes doesn't really yield a satisfactory conclusion.

That sounds really interesting, I'd like to check it out. Reminds me of when Adam Dutkiewicz from Killswitch Engage won a car on Price is Right a few years ago. He couldn't afford the taxes on it so ended up not keeping it, but it was exciting to see him win.