The movie you just watched

F250

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

I haven't seen The Favourite yet, but I really really liked Killing of a Sacred Deer. You should check that one out as well, if you haven't seen it. The whole movie was fucking bananas. Yorgos and Collin Ferrell have a good thing going. I might be a little biased though because I fucking love Collin Ferrell because of In Bruges.

It's on the list, and agree with your Collin Ferrell thoughts 

8 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
13 hours ago, Buzzrock said:
Bumblebee. Meh.

Agreed. Did not deserve the ratings it gets.

I fell asleep in the theater when I took the kids to see it, then it took me two more tries to get through it. I muscled through because I heard how good it was. Not to me.

Caught a couple over the weekend.

Gross Pointe Blank. Haven’t seen it in years. Still holds up great. Works on so many levels. The comedic violence. The 80s music nostalgia and associated soundtrack. Dan Aykroyd in a bad guy/antagonist role. The romance with Minnie Driver in her heyday. Very enjoyable.

October Sky. A good one for fans of heartwarming movies. Great performances all around. A classic for sure.

Black Panther.

Killmonger was a very deep character, and Jordan played him well.  Klau is a good villain.  Good plot twist with Killmonger being trained by the CIA.  The Seoul fight?  I liked it enough.

But that's it.  Typical formulaic origin story.  More CGI than they could afford.  It looked cheap (especially the rhino's.)

I give it a B-.

The Catcher Was A Spy. Paul Rudd WWII biopic about Moe Berg, former catcher for the Boston Red Sox. Berg wasn't an outstanding player, but he was legitimately the smartest guy in baseball with several degrees and spoke multiple languages. After retiring, he wound up in the OSS. Interesting story with more than a few twists. On Showtime.

The Man who killed Hitler and then the Bigfoot.

Saw there was a tread on this move, posting here instead. 

Kept waiting for it to get good, but was entertained throughout nonetheless. 

Almost dead Bigfoot looked straight out of a National Enquirer issue, could have done better.

On April 20, 2019 at 3:35 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

TRON: Legacy. It's not a very good film, but Daft Punk scored it. That alone makes it worth watching. Also Olivia Wilde is smoke, and the actress that plays Gem is hotter than a pistol. 

In a digital world, why were there exhaust fumes coming from the Recognizers?

On 4/22/2019 at 2:23 PM, Al Czervik said:

The Man who killed Hitler and then the Bigfoot.

Saw there was a tread on this move, posting here instead. 

Kept waiting for it to get good, but was entertained throughout nonetheless. 

Almost dead Bigfoot looked straight out of a National Enquirer issue, could have done better.

If this was a comedy then it wasn't bad.

Spoiler

I don't think it was supposed to be a comedy.

giphy.gif

Mortal Engines.  Put it on the Netflix queue thinking the kids might like to watch it.  Ridiculous premise.  Predictable plot.  Visuals bounced around a spectrum from pretty cool to "that's a movie studio stage and I've just lost what little immersion I had".  Acting was OK.  I enjoyed the "T-500 terminator guy".

On 4/15/2019 at 8:25 PM, HiggyBaby said:

Grosse Pointe Blank. Haven’t seen it in years. Still holds up great. Works on so many levels. The comedic violence. The 80s music nostalgia and associated soundtrack. Dan Aykroyd in a bad guy/antagonist role. The romance with Minnie Driver in her heyday. Very enjoyable

The scenes with Alan Arkin are so brilliant.  

On 4/15/2019 at 9:25 PM, HiggyBaby said:

Gross Pointe Blank. Haven’t seen it in years. Still holds up great. Works on so many levels. The comedic violence. The 80s music nostalgia and associated soundtrack. Dan Aykroyd in a bad guy/antagonist role. The romance with Minnie Driver in her heyday. Very enjoyable.

At parties or social events, when someone asks what I do ...  I go with "I sell couch insurance" or "I test market positive thinking"  It's kind of a reflex now...  very few get it, and the others usually just drop it.

• Like 1

I just saw First Man.  I really like Claire Foy and she did not disappoint. I like Gosling too but I thought he played this a little too edgy based on my impressions of the real Neal Armstrong.  Maybe he researched it and that’s how the guy really was.  Overall I enjoyed it and recommend even if you don’t care about space but especially if you do care about space.  This movie seems more “real” in the space scenes, like there’s no lipstick on the pig.  It’s remarkable to me that more people didn’t get killed doing this stuff.  

Edited by ClubWhatever

Sicario.

As far as drug cartel movies go, it has to be in my top 5.  Very quick moving film, no wasted scenes really, and pretty good premise.  I'm kinda of surprised Emily Blount could pull it off, but she was good,  playing a righteous FBI agent.  Highly recommend.

And if any of you guys haven't watched Legion - Exorcist III, you're missing out on a really, really good film, despite it's departure in some ways from the novel.

It's the true sequel to The Exorcist, by the same author.  And Blatty directed the film.  George C Scott is fantastic as Kinderman, Dourif is awesome, and the atmosphere is perfect.

11 hours ago, Augustus said:

And if any of you guys haven't watched Legion - Exorcist III, you're missing out on a really, really good film, despite it's departure in some ways from the novel.

It's the true sequel to The Exorcist, by the same author.  And Blatty directed the film.  George C Scott is fantastic as Kinderman, Dourif is awesome, and the atmosphere is perfect.

They ruined it with the throw-in Exorcism at the end.  Otherwise, good movie.