The movie you just watched

F250

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 8:55 AM, Moby Ric said:

Watched Black Panther over the weekend.  How that movie was nominated for any Oscar is lame. The movie is awful, in fact worst movie in the Marvel series.

I mean, I to think it was given an Oscar nod because of a weak year for true Oscar movies, and isn't among the top 3 or Marvel Movies...but awful and worst movie?  Only someone who hasn't seen IM2 or Thor 2 would say that.

7 hours ago, Drew said:

I mean, I to think it was given an Oscar nod because of a weak year for true Oscar movies, and isn't among the top 3 or Marvel Movies...but awful and worst movie?  Only someone who hasn't seen IM2 or Thor 2 would say that.

I haven't seen those.  Thanks for the warning.

Just stopped in to pimp for Reelz movie channel. For the last year I’d been watching the heck out of it and didn’t even realize it. The channel is awesome.

They cover true stories and they are all darn good. Just watched the one on Wyatt Earp and the OK Corral. As a huge fan of Tombstone the movie, it was interesting to hear the real stories. Thumbs up to this channel.

Greenbook

I really enjoyed the movie. I totally understand why it’s gets shit (black people overcame racism only with the help of white people theme. Yes that’s bad) That being said, it’s a good movie and Lipp and Shirley play off each other very well. It’s funny. Viggo plays a really good dumb fat Italian. Ali plays a really good genius piano player dealing with racism but also teaching fatty to be a normal human. And it’s fun. 

29 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

(black people overcame racism only with the help of white people theme. Yes that’s bad) 

racism involves two parties.  overcoming “racism” requires involvement of white people.  and lipp wasn’t the white savior; shirley was the one who saved lipp.  but don’t let a message of unity get in the way of divisiveness. 

Columbus (2017)

I guess this was pleasant enough but ultimately, I didn't think clean composition made up for a pretty weightless story.

Think of Paterson of a few years back, but without an interesting lead, or any humor.  Or a bulldog.

I enjoyed the scenery -- was surprised that John Cho looked as lost and confused as he did in this.  Should have made this about Rory Culkin or Parker Posey, who made some attempts to punch out of this paper bag but were limited to bit parts.    

651459434_1280x720.jpg

3 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

I liked P2.   I went through a long phase where I only cared about B Horror.

The Quiet Man has become my annual tradition on this green day.  Trivia: how many Best Directors did John Ford win and how many of those films were westerns?

The Quiet Man is just a great movie, not just for Saint Patrick's Day.

• Like 1

There's Something Wrong With Aunt Diane

Really interesting documentary. I don't remember seeing the original report on TV but it's about the 2009 Taconic parkway crash where a woman named Diane Schuler drove on the wrong side of the highway and caused 8 deaths. The movie pretty much revolves around her husband's denial that she could be capable of something like this even though toxicology found very high levels of marijuana and alcohol in her blood. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 10:47 AM, futureman said:

racism involves two parties.  overcoming “racism” requires involvement of white people.  and lipp wasn’t the white savior; shirley was the one who saved lipp.  but don’t let a message of unity get in the way of divisiveness. 

nm

Edited by David Dennison

I liked P2.   I went through a long phase where I only cared about B Horror.

The Quiet Man has become my annual tradition on this green day.  Trivia: how many Best Directors did John Ford win and how many of those films were westerns?

3? Maybe 2 of them.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:23 AM, Drew said:

I enjoyed Black Panther and thought it was a fun solid Marvel Movie, but my problem with it being an Oscar nom for best picture is it wasn't even close to the best Marvel movie last year

• Like 1

Into the Spiderverse - Really entertaining. Kept my attention. Incredibles 2 was better, IMO. 

Aquaman - You know what? It was actually ok. I had low expectations and I was in a great mood after one of the more successful gambling weekends I've ever had, so that probably had something to do with it. I thought it was one of the better DC movies. 

Congo. Liked the book when I was a teen but never saw the movie. Cutting apes in half with a laser beam. Now I hate the book.
I assume this movie was fallout from Jurassic Park when studios decided to make anything by Michael Crichton into a movie.

Timeline as well. #barf

• Like 1