Lil’Jordan Humphrey

TheFlagship

4 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

That is surprisingly low. They way he trucks dudes I figured 20+.

His arms are toothpicks and not much bulk in his upper body, so that’s about what I would have picked for him. He just knows how to use the size/height he has and plays like a 230 lb RB. 

4 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

That is surprisingly low. They way he trucks dudes I figured 20+.

I mean trucking dudes has literally nothing to Dow with how much a guy benches. Bench is a fairly useless metric for a wr. I doubt any DBs will have success trying to jam him regardless.

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

I mean trucking dudes has literally nothing to Dow with how much a guy benches. Bench is a fairly useless metric for a wr. I doubt any DBs will have success trying to jam him regardless.

It’s a pretty good barometer of overall upper body strength.

58 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

It’s a pretty good barometer of overall upper body strength.

The bench has very little application to his position.

LJH has never had trouble with getting jammed at the LOS or blocking, so his bench really doesn’t matter much. Especially since he posted 13. If he posted like 4, it could be an issue. And it has absolutely nothing to do with trucking people. 

4 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

Never said he wasn’t great. Never said he won’t be good at the next level. I was surprised that he didn’t put up more RB like numbers on bench. That’s all.

I’m not.  He’s a wide receiver and hasn’t played running back since high school.  Hopefully that clears things up for you.

6 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

Never said he wasn’t great. Never said he won’t be good at the next level. I was surprised that he didn’t put up more RB like numbers on bench. That’s all.

I’m not.  He’s a wide receiver and hasn’t played running back since high school.  Hopefully that clears things up for you.

11 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Let me clear this up for you. He took direct snaps at the goal line and excelled. I and many others were surprised that he is barely stronger than me at bench press.

#uradouche

7 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

Let me clear this up for you. He took direct snaps at the goal line and excelled. I and many others were surprised that he is barely stronger than me at bench press.

#uradouche

I mean I get what you’re trying to say, but having a strong bench has nothing to do with being effective at taking goal line direct snaps. Lower body strength, sure. But not bench. It’s one thing to be surprised at the number. But bench is irrelevant in your example. 

7 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

#uradouche

Lol. Your assumed correlation between taking goal line runs/trucking guys and bench press is what’s got everyone confused. Running hard/trucking people has almost nothing to do with how much a guy benches. That all comes from the lower body.

On 3/1/2019 at 12:10 AM, Catdaddyhorn said:

Not to mention these measurements are without shoes on. He's essentially a 6'5" WR on the field. 

Well then, if Kyler Murray is 5’10” in his bare feet , then he’s 6’1” with his elevator cleats on the field.

LJH looked down after running the poor times in the 40....

Hope he can turn it around in other drills... Might still be a 5th or 6th rounder and gets picked by a quality team with great WR/TE coaches.... Sometimes a player's career is better when drafted lower if they go to the right team.

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I expected a high 4.6 at his playing weight. He slimmed down and pretty much ran a 4.8. He's definitely a day 3 guy now.

He's gonna have to pull a sub 4 shuttle to even have day 2 be a possibility.

Day 3 maybe 5th Rd at best...... crazy to think, but LJH could go undrafted

Edited by LTtxfan

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

very poor pre draft training ?

Well... he was slow before the season, he was slow during the season, so I'm not totally shocked that he's still slow. 

I figured he could break 4.7 but I don't think he was any faster during the season than he was today. I can't think of any DBs he outran to a spot in 2019. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Well... he was slow before the season, he was slow during the season, so I'm not totally shocked that he's still slow. 

I figured he could break 4.7 but I don't think he was any faster during the season than he was today. I can't think of any DBs he outran to a spot in 2019. 

He didn't play at 210 at Texas though.