Charlie Brewer

dad

Just now, Red Five said:

I kept waiting for ".... well in fairness, basically no one offered Brewer, much less a school like Texas" but it never came. Odd. 

That would necessitate them being educated about the subject at hand and it was pretty obvious they were idiots.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

What the hell did we do to Rod? He was bitching the entire game that we should have taken Brewer. Of all the storylines they could have gone with they focus on that? 

They always do this to us. I’m pretty much over constantly hearing about it. We can’t offer every QB who wants to play for the Horns

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Sister is hot

https://www.instagram.com/katiebrewer/?hl=en

41 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Case McCoy was offered by . . . what other schools?  

when case was a senior starter for the Texas Longhorns I’m sure there were plenty of high schools across the state where he’d have been a backup. 

Edited by futureman
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Double legacy is what I heard, and which I agree with Rod on this. How can you be a double legacy and not be given the starting nod at Texas. Worse, we didnt offer and he had to join the freaks and geeks at Baylor. It's really unheard of and I dont blame he and his family for abandoning Texas.

Please tell me you’re joking. JFC

I hate the announcers and Baylor too but I sympathize with the Brewers. Dude not only had the legacy but the skill set. Might not have been a legend or even a starter (or he might have) but he’s gifted enough to have been given a chance.

Nepotism in and of itself is not a good thing, but it can have its uses. If you’re a Shipley or a McCoy or a Clemens or a Brewer I’d be in favor of giving the kid the benefit of doubt.

• Like 2

Can't offer them all.  Someone should have told Rod.  But that wouldnt have fit the narrative.  People in Texas going to watch Texas regardless, so announcers take the contrarian view to generate a narrative.

Gilmore’s counterpart did mention he had only one other offer. SMU I think. They tossed that note shortly after because they never mentioned that fact again.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rpspeed said:

I think the 2nd half might have been a tie between his love affair with  Brewer and mentioning how Baylor actually dominated the game except for the last 4 minutes of the 2nd qtr.

Yeah that became a theme at some point.  "Except for when they got their fucking asses kicked, Baylor has dominated this game!"

Edited by MadBurgerMaker

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2017/charlie-brewer-3904

Uninformed on this thread.   Baylor, Bowling Green, Hawaii, Louisiana Monroe, North Texas.    Actually committed to SMU to play for his high school coach Chad Morris,  then flipped to Baylor.

Makes no difference,  Charlie is a helluva' gamer just like his Dad.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, torre said:

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2017/charlie-brewer-3904

Uninformed on this thread.   Baylor, Bowling Green, Hawaii, Louisiana Monroe, North Texas.    Actually committed to SMU to play for his high school coach Chad Morris,  then flipped to Baylor.

Makes no difference,  Charlie is a helluva' gamer just like his Dad.

No shit.  Robert Brewer is awesome. He and his family love Texas.  I have no problem with Charlie other than he happened to be the opposing QB today.  That bit is over now, good guys won, 'nuff said.

• Like 1

Did you know that the two jack wad mouth breathing fucksticks that called the game might actually be mentally retarded 

Loved the "Baylor would love to slow this game and drag it out. Get the fans out of the game"
Yeah. Great gameplan you fucking clown.
I thought the same thing when he said it. No Rod, that should be Texas's gameplan. Baylor wants to air it out. Clearly he doesn't prepare before calling games.

Did you guys know that:
  • He wasn't offered by Texas.
  • His father, Robert Brewer, played QB at Texas in the 1980's.
  • His grandfather, Charles Brewer, was a Texas quarterback in the 1950s.
  • His uncle, Rob Moerschell, followed his father Robert Brewer as Texas’ starting quarterback.
  • He wore a Vince Young jersey as a kid growing up in Austin.
His dad speaks seven languages and is pretty much the Sinatra of the Netherlands. He was also on the team with Kite & Crenshaw.

3 hours ago, rpspeed said:

I think the 2nd half might have been a tie between his love affair with  Brewer and mentioning how Baylor actually dominated the game except for the last 4 minutes of the 2nd qtr.

I think he gave us credit for 4-1/2 minutes. 

Why didn’t Charlie walk on at a Texas like Brockermeyer’s kid and dozens of others? Do the Brewers live in the poor section of Lake Travis?

Edit:  Like Blanton said, except I think they may be poor.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

Did you guys know that:
  • He wasn't offered by Texas.
  • His father, Robert Brewer, played QB at Texas in the 1980's.
  • His grandfather, Charles Brewer, was a Texas quarterback in the 1950s.
  • His uncle, Rob Moerschell, followed his father Robert Brewer as Texas’ starting quarterback.
  • He wore a Vince Young jersey as a kid growing up in Austin.
He's a legacy?

1ae457b4e69f6e33a97ad86318b5703e.gif129bb6fcd533447bc2b95058a256061c.jpg

Does he have his brother's Continental for a road trip?

Ps what you posted
2d745a8b5adeb896faafb8755efe2baa.gif

Pps. Fuck this shitass assclown cocksucker...
840ab8b9f32c7eef84f30ca3488116a9.jpg

Did you know that the two jack wad mouth breathing fucksticks that called the game might actually be mentally retarded 

Loved the "Baylor would love to slow this game and drag it out. Get the fans out of the game"
Yeah. Great gameplan you fucking clown.
Well baylor IS coached by Randy Hickey.

This is the repeated comment that got to me.  Darrel Royal defines Texas royalty; Tommy Nobis is Texas royalty; Earl is Texas royalty; Vince is Texas royalty; Ricky is Texas royalty.  Colt is Texas royalty.  I never heard of grand pappy Brewer, and Robert Brewer was a solid QB for a couple years, and he did beat Alabama in the Cotton Bowl, but he was a walk-on.  Royalty?  Not so much.  And as stated elsewhere, the sight of Robert Brewer wearing a Baylor shirt in DKR seems wrong.
It is not as bad as another set of parents who's legacy son was not offered by Texas a few years back and went to a school that sucks.

I don't think there's anything wrong with them showing support for their kid by wearing Baylor stuff at DKR. I'm sure the kid is heated that he was dissed by us even when we've been walking the desert at QB for years. And it's pretty obvious that Brewer is a better QB than Shane so we did mess up by not offering him. My frustrations lie with the announcers and not really the Brewer family.
Which QB won the game dumbass?

I submit that your ass-ertion is incorrect. Stats are for suck ass LOSERS.

Riddle me this, who is the better coach, DKR or Paul Bryant?