2019 Schedule is out

thepop

10 minutes ago, Amobie said:

Front loaded schedule

With LSU sure, but who knows from a conference perspective.   WVU may take a big step back.  No idea about OSU.  I assume ISU and Baylor will continue to approve so those may prove to be very tough road games on the back end.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Constant said:

I think the entire big 12 is getting two byes. 

The 2018 calendar has 13 weeks from Labor Day to Thanksgiving.  The 2019 calendar has 14.  Everyone will get another bye week. 

I like that our schedule is evenly spaced - 4 games, bye, 4 games, bye, 4 games.

Curious oddity---we will play a grand total of 1 true road game in the first 8 weeks of the season.  Just one.  Given two neutral site games (and Rice will basically be a home game for us) and a bye week in there.  One real away test in the first 2+ months of the season.  Just one home game in October. 

Still, if we're in the mix for anything---you have to like that November.  Won't help us a bit with rankings since those teams will most likely be dogshit (then again ISU always surprises)...but closing with a Bye week, Kansas State (NOT IN manhattan), @Iowa State (one true trap game here), @ Baylor, and Texas Tech (NOT IN lubbock)...that's 5 weeks that stack up nicely for the 'Horns as they head to the post-season.  

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

That's strange. 2 bye weeks. I'll take it. I guess normally we get one around Thanksgiving. 

I think it’s just because of how the calendar falls. This year there’s 13 Saturdays from week 1 to Thanksgiving weekend. Next year there’s 14. (Thanksgiving is the earliest date it can be this year and the latest it can be next year.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, South Austin said:

For anybody planning this far ahead, ACL Fest in 2019 will be during the West Virginia and OU games.

You sure about that?  I could see them using up the last weekend in September as opening weekend so they can skip OU weekend altogether.  I think they are also tiring of these October deluges.  Either way though, finally won't have to mix a home game and ACL together.  

Just now, South Austin said:

Link

Well then, giddy-the-fuck-up.  Gonna be a great October next year.  I'll have another 6-month old by then (god willing) and it can't possibly be this flooded out.  So hey, onward through the fog...

4 minutes ago, Assman said:

I'm just glad we're not starting the season with our most difficult OOC game.  The Maryland debacle the last two years has me firmly believing that we should always start with a cupcake.

I could not agree more... with the comment and the username.

11 minutes ago, Assman said:

I'm just glad we're not starting the season with our most difficult OOC game.  The Maryland debacle the last two years has me firmly believing that we should always start with a cupcake.

Maryland should have been a cupcake. 

Years ago, when I saw Notre Dame, USC, LSU, and Maryland on the horizon for non-conf. series...I would never ever have guessed that Maryland would be the one out of those four that would sweep us.  Of course, Cal also swept us so what the fuck do we know?  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Years ago, when I saw Notre Dame, USC, LSU, and Maryland on the horizon for non-conf. series...I would never ever have guessed that Maryland would be the one out of those four that would sweep us.  Of course, Cal also swept us so what the fuck do we know?  

I'm just glad we decided to stop sucking so these big name matchups will be more competitive. We're going to be firing on all cylinders when we go to Baton Rouge in 2 years.

Edited by mdmost

I'm still reeling from listening to Mack's excuse machine for that game in 2011 or 2013.  Whichever loss he blamed on the blustery weather in Waco.  You know Waco...that town that's basically an exurb of Austin where the weather is almost always the exact fucking same as it is here.  He even coined some new meteorolgy term "Polarized Wintry Low Level" or some such shit.  That's when I knew he was done, the Oregon game and hiding in East Texas on Jamail's jet was just the icing on the polar cake.   

I'm not Herman's biggest fan but one thing I don't see him doing is bitching about the weather in Ames in late-November.  I think he just kinda knows it's gonna be cold.  I think it was even a question on the Mensa exam.  

Edited by Lobo

3 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

Oct 31 in 2015.  Close enough.

Forgot about that Halloween game.  I was at that one.  Weather was fine.  The difference between 10/31 and 11/16 can be significant weather wise.

But then again, November is a volatile enough month that pretty much all of it is liable to either be perfect or fucking miserable.

Edited by Al_4_ISU