Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

Kirk Cameron dropping his whole “we’re in the end times” schtick because now, Christian Nationalists are grabbing power and flaunting that shit in everyone’s faces, is totally on brand.

Sometimes I wish there was a hell, so I could greet these fucksticks personally upon their arrival. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Wasn't sure where to put this but this is where we all point at Ronny Jackson and laugh. Turns out Jackson's name ain't the best in the Navy. Got busted from one-star rear admiral to Captain in 2022.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/07/politics/navy-demoted-ronny-jackson/index.html

The Navy demoted Rep. Ronny Jackson in 2022 after a scathing report from the Defense Department watchdog found the former White House physician drank on the job, routinely screamed at subordinates and acted inappropriately.

Jackson, who retired in 2019 as a one-star rear admiral, was demoted to the rank of captain, according to two US officials.

Jackson, who served as the top White House physician under President Barack Obama and President Donald Trump, still refers to himself as a retired rear admiral, the rank at which he retired on December 1, 2019. Now a Republican member of Congress, Jackson says on his website that he is a “retired U.S. Navy Rear Admiral with nearly three decades of military service.”

CNN has reached out to Jackson for comment.

“The substantiated allegations in the DoDIG investigation of Rear Adm (lower half) Ronny Jackson are not in keeping with the standards the Navy requires of its leaders and, as such, the Secretary of the Navy took administrative action in July 2022,” said Commander Jacqueline Pau, a Navy spokeswoman.

The Washington Post was first to report the news.

When the Pentagon Inspector General report was first released March 2021, Jackson said it was a politically motivated attack that “resurrected” old allegations against him. He rejected any claims that he drank on the job.

Jackson currently serves as a member of the House of Representatives from Texas, where he sits on the House Armed Services Committee. He has been an ardent Trump supporter.

Then-President Trump nominated Jackson to run the Department of Veterans Affairs, after taking a personal liking to his doctor, who declared Trump in “excellent health” after his 2018 physical exam, despite evidence of heart disease and borderline obesity.

It was after his nomination to lead the VA that allegations of misconduct first emerged, eventually leading to Jackson’s withdrawal from consideration. But he remained in Trump’s White House as a medical adviser before eventually running for a US congressional seat in Texas.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

I'm sure Cameron having a competing business in SkyTree Book Fairs has nothing to do with his position on Scholastic and this totally isn't another grifting opportunity by another right wing loon. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, HenryJames said:

396fd039-43dd-4282-a067-33695ca41471.png

If I could say a thing to Kirk Cameron’s face, I would say:

”Hey Kurt, I really liked you in Family Ties.  What was it like working with Tony Danza and why haven’t you don’t anything since Ferris Bueller’s Day Off  other than get Parkinson’s or Lou Gehrig disease or whatever?”

26 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Jesus Christ: If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor.

MAGA Catholics: Fuck off, commie.

What percentage of republicans identify as christians? Gotta be 90% plus right? And yet it's like at some point they all got together and decided that they should be the complete opposite of Jesus Christ. Anti-Christs, if you will. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

What percentage of republicans identify as christians? Gotta be 90% plus right? And yet it's like at some point they all got together and decided that they should be the complete opposite of Jesus Christ. Anti-Christs, if you will. 

GETTY-CPAC-Trump-Gold-Statue.jpg?ve=1&tl

• Prepare your anus 1

Jesus Christ: If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor.
MAGA Catholics: Fuck off, commie.

Red letter words -

“The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.”

This past primary broke my brain.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Rittenhouse is one Jad Dean-lookin mafk.

uUgprR8.jpeg

Jad Sean would destroy Rittenhouse, but it reminds me of a joke a friend of mine (Clemson grad) mentioned: 

You guys shouldn’t make fun of this kid. He tried to hang himself after he missed that kick against us. Some people take the rivalry too far. He would have done it too but he couldn’t kick the box out from underneath him

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

19 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Jad Sean would destroy Rittenhouse, but it reminds me of a joke a friend of mine (Clemson grad) mentioned: 

You guys shouldn’t make fun of this kid. He tried to hang himself after he missed that kick against us. Some people take the rivalry too far. He would have done it too but he couldn’t kick the box out from underneath him

Just out of curiosity, I looked around and even though that’s a joke from a SC site, it’s actually very tame compared to what Clemson fans were saying.  Poor kid was a lifelong Clemson fan as well.

I’m sure none of us would urge a kicker to kill himself if he missed a game-winning FG.

Happy Don Rickles GIF

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

I have guess about how these guys vote.

Day 1 - 4. Watch as the instructor ass fucks your wife. Do not touch your pepe.

Day 5. Watch as special guest instructor Mandigo ass fucks your wife. Congratulations on making it to graduation. You can touch your pepe today.

• Haha 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

"Any man who must say 'I am the king' is no true king."

The parallel is "Any man who must say 'I am an alpha' is no true alpha."

I've met and worked with plenty of "alpha males" in my years.  Not a single one of them had to claim the title.  They just fucking were.  You walk into a room, size things up, and quickly realize that dude in the gray suit in that part of the room is the mofo in charge.

The whole right wing "alpha male" obsession is about fucking losers who are fucking losers by nature trying to claim a title that was never going to be theirs, and by the very act of trying to claim it, they prove they aren't ever going to be worthy of it.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

"Any man who must say 'I am the king' is no true king."

The parallel is "Any man who must say 'I am an alpha' is no true alpha."

I've met and worked with plenty of "alpha males" in my years.  Not a single one of them had to claim the title.  They just fucking were.  You walk into a room, size things up, and quickly realize that dude in the gray suit in that part of the room is the mofo in charge.

The whole right wing "alpha male" obsession is about fucking losers who are fucking losers by nature trying to claim a title that was never going to be theirs, and by the very act of trying to claim it, they prove they aren't ever going to be worthy of it.

There's not actually any such thing as an "alpha."  Men who claim to be alpha or bitch about "betas" are just insecure little pissbabies pretending to be tough. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

There's not actually any such thing as an "alpha."  Men who claim to be alpha or bitch about "betas" are just insecure little pissbabies pretending to be tough. 

Yes and no to your underlined sentence (full agreement on your second sentence).

And, it depends on how we define "alpha" -- if you try to fully match it up to what we thought the wolfpack definition was, no, it doesn't work.  But there ARE men who are natural leaders and command others.  I've seen it WAY too many times, I know it's real.  Any man who has been a member of a team (sports, military, large organization) has that experience.  There are just natural team leaders.  It happens and sorts that way, rather quickly.  It doesn't mean that the "alpha" in one situation will necessarily be an alpha in every situation (the clear team leader on a football team may not be the leader later in life when he's working on a business team).  And I'll suggest that part of true "alpha" conduct is to NOT be tied up in status, but rather results: a real "alpha" doesn't play like insecure Donny Trump and say "I know more about nuclear energy than anyone."  A real alpha gathers info, listens to knowledgeable people, and then makes and executes on a decision.  He's an "alpha" because he's secure enough in his status that he's not afraid to get information that may disagree with his initial inclination/instinct, and he can act on that new information.....and importantly, people will FOLLOW HIS LEAD.

Maybe a better term is "boss."  But even then, it doesn't really capture the full spectrum of what we're talking about.  It's just good leadership.

In BOB, Dick Winters was an "alpha."  Sobel was not.  It had nothing to do with their rank.  It had everything to do with how they took and exercised leadership.

These pathetic bastards think you're an "alpha" because you roid up and yell at people and wear tactical underwear and shit like that.  They have literally everything about the issue wrong.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

These pathetic bastards think you're an "alpha" because you roid up and yell at people and wear tactical underwear and shit like that. 

Are assless chaps really considered “tactical?”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Good leaders first learn to follow. Good leadership requires understanding and exhibiting a good mix of intelligence, humility, and empathy and as you note, is context specific. Except for the pretty-introverted, there are plenty of adults who would often be considered "betas" by pissbabies who actually are or would be great leaders in certain settings. It's just that those settings might be, e.g., a D&D campaign rather than a football field.