Lowell and Ahmad

Goo Punch

45 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

All of that is true. But the morons don't get that. 

ESPN is a fucked up organization. I don't evaluate on the basis of their promotion policies. Yes, I knew it should be posted in the unnpopular opinions thread. But I like him, he's good enough. He's got what the higher ups are looking for. He's kind of a Rod Gilmore. The idiot you can deal with. Look at the guys they actually promote: morons. I'm not saying he's great, Gus Johnson is great. I'm saying he has what they are looking for.

I thought you were trolling but you came back and doubled down.  You have what Ahmad calls moxie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PhillyD said:

I thought you were trolling but you came back and doubled down.  You have what Ahmad calls moxie.

Whoa whoa whoa. Negative ghost rider. I revised and extended my remarks. I absolutely agree he's not good with facts like did we actually make afield goal. My contention is simply that upper management doesn't care. Have you seen what they're trotting out for national coverage? He's better than that. 

Comparing him to hot chicks isn't fair. He doesn't have tits. Tits are the secret weapon. Combined with vagina, they're nearly unstoppable.

Ahmad is warm dogshit.

Edited by Thetexashammer

Still better than listening to Beth Mowins call a game.
This.

I can pretty much ignore lowel and ahmad but mowyns voice and accent are like fingernails on a chalkboard and the mindless stuff she says are nowhere near as davesouthickly entertaining as lowelnahmad's drivel.

11 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I think Ahmad is pretty good. Again, much better than most out there. 

he's terrible. he never stops talking. keith jackson is considered the GOAT because he *didn't* ramble on interminably as if the entire stadium would implode if he paused to take a breath. just like any other profession there is a way that things are supposed to be done, and neither ahmad nor lowell do what they do in the correct way. they are objectively bad at their jobs, and you don't know what you're talking about if you say otherwise.

there was a point in the game, late 3rd/early 4th, and while play is happening, ahmad says, "you know i talked to coach herman last night, and i said, 'coach, what do you have to do to prepare your team to play well and finish strong down the stretch?" (really?! you did?! no way!! what a fantastic question that's definitely worth going over right now! please, continue!), "and of course he downplayed it....." the thing is i don't even remember what ahmad said next, because i was thinking to myself, "two entire fucking pays just happened, and you spent the entire time talking about a completely inane question you asked tom herman which he didn't answer. jesus christ." that is objectively shitty color commentary during what was a pretty operant football game. terrible. 

oh yeah, and ahmad seems to have a beef with kris boyd, as he got noticeably agitated multiple times when talking about kris boyd having to live up to the standards that people like ahmad set at Texas (DBU). he was annoyed and kept rambling as nauseam about what it means to be a DB at the University of Texas and how disappointing Boyd had been in upholding the tradition, more or less. just a totally personal slant that doesn't need to be talked about over and over during a game like this. 

• Like 1

edit: I can't explain why all of my text is bolder as well. shitty stupid mobile site.

how can you keep speaking with such confidence when the exact opposite of what you are saying is true? also, how do you reconcile, "i don't judge guys based on whether or not they get promoted", followed by, "Lowell Galindo (been watching all of his peers at LHN get promoted for years) has what the ESPN higher ups are looking for"??? That's insanity. and dude, look around- you're alone in this opinion, because you're wrong. he's objectively bad at doing pxp. nobody is looking to hire him. 
also, you said he was rece davis; now he's rod gilmore; those two guys are not similar. 
he's terrible. he never stops talking. keith jackson is considered the GOAT because he *didn't* ramble on interminably as if the entire stadium would implode if he paused to take a breath. just like any other profession there is a way that things are supposed to be done, and neither ahmad nor lowell do what they do in the correct way. they are objectively bad at their jobs, and you don't know what you're talking about if you say otherwise.

there was a point in the game, late 3rd/early 4th, and while play is happening, ahmad says, "you know i talked to coach herman last night, and i said, 'coach, what do you have to do to prepare your team to play well and finish strong down the stretch?" (really?! you did?! no way!! what a fantastic question that's definitely worth going over right now! please, continue!), "and of course he downplayed it....." the thing is i don't even remember what ahmad said next, because i was thinking to myself, "two entire fucking pays just happened, and you spent the entire time talking about a completely inane question you asked tom herman which he didn't answer. jesus christ." that is objectively shitty color commentary during what was a pretty operant football game. terrible. 

oh yeah, and ahmad seems to have a beef with kris boyd, as he got noticeably agitated multiple times when talking about kris boyd having to live up to the standards that people like ahmad set at Texas (DBU). he was annoyed and kept rambling as nauseam about what it means to be a DB at the University of Texas and how disappointing Boyd had been in upholding the tradition, more or less. just a totally personal slant that doesn't need to be talked about over and over during a game like this. 

Bla bla bla bla bla bla blaaaaa de bla...

Pretend they are Dave South and smoke a bowl and it is a lot more palatable.

11f8309a3ec6bb97021633013f5551a0.jpgf3ce8f826b7ee274f6761c8291d73956.jpg689054bd3f4110d62b66f4a3ec4fb83f.jpg74e2f4c20034fc10db638c4b7d77f292.jpge0316da31df32bb56fde822596786fcc.jpgc29820d19e91fd9e179d9437cedecdc6.jpg30cb1313a1a12430f8d45be168c1fc33.jpg172aae7aa75de14f23b788182efb0aac.jpg7e3b67972b567f142411a028dd670c9f.jpg424ca2ecec4835b159eeca4a00c857d2.jpgd9ad926985848a5b7911d44d3decb06a.jpg0d052d22d63cb8f23683e0193d70ecdc.jpg39aafaf5e2bc10f6867e031384a38c68.jpg9ec5582e337c88d18c8e41137ca872e4.jpg0c1af099fd06e52a8b0fb9106e1c03b6.jpge7a3b9288625a25e938c7be159f96c1a.jpgcccc7d6922f8da89112ad430fb566eae.jpga748c2704bfbe6c27cf7a454355cffad.jpg4613e354cca617af5bd8f21afbaf59d3.gif
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Whoa whoa whoa. Negative ghost rider. I revised and extended my remarks. I absolutely agree he's not good with facts like did we actually make afield goal. My contention is simply that upper management doesn't care. Have you seen what they're trotting out for national coverage? He's better than that. 
Comparing him to hot chicks isn't fair. He doesn't have tits. Tits are the secret weapon. Combined with vagina, they're nearly unstoppable.
Ahmad is warm dogshit.

Wow, the rare triple down on a horrible take.

Ahmad is a good dude. He stopped my son at the spring game and was impressed with my boy’s UT knowledge. I asked Ahmad what he is looking for next season. He said “I’m tired of losing. I want be Texas again.” 

Lowell Gallindo is a midget douche with a terrible voice that couldn’t land a job as a local ABC weekend mornings sports caster but somehow is the voice of LHN.

8 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

I just wish they used  Craig way on the radio as the Lhn tv call 

I use playstation vue to watch games so I put the game on and mute it and stream the Craig Way call on another tab.  Commercial breaks are wonky as fuck but I never had to listen to lowell

They aren’t the best but they sure aren’t the worst. If you get your panties in a wad about this you probably take shit a little too seriously. 

I watched the whole game last night, sound on, and don’t really remember anything specific they said. Who cares?  Watch football. 

• Like 4

Ahmad did an A&M game a couple of years ago. He actually said on the broadcast that every kid in the state of Texas wants to play for A&M, and that they were the big brand in the state right now. Went on for a couple of minutes about what a great school and program they were. Cant get over that one.

11 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

And that field goal is good." (the field goal was not good)

That FG sure looked good live while watching on the jumbotron. They never put up a replay. I kept thinking they would review it. I hate that angle on field goals. especially short ones.

3 hours ago, NateHitch said:

I use playstation vue to watch games so I put the game on and mute it and stream the Craig Way call on another tab.  Commercial breaks are wonky as fuck but I never had to listen to lowell

I would do the same, except Craig Way’s frantic screaming makes me want to listen to Lowell Galindo. 

17 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Whatever he's saying wil be the opposite of what's actually happening.

"He's got some room!" (he's gang tackled .5 seconds later)

"One man to beat!" (he's immediately tackled by five guys)

"And that field goal is good." (the field goal was not good)

someone please tell these guys to chill out.

This.  The field goal thing...it was close and not easy to see if it was good or not in real time but the fucking refs are there to look at too and they are signaling it not good...

The other call that stood out to me was the Butler play that was called a catch and you could see very clearly his first foot down was on part of the sideline and that the call was going to be reversed.  Clear to everyone but the LHN guys.

Even though the radio call was a play ahead of my LHN stream, I went with Craig Way at some point in the 4th.

5 minutes ago, Hozz said:

The other call that stood out to me was the Butler play that was called a catch and you could see very clearly his first foot down was on part of the sideline and that the call was going to be reversed.  Clear to everyone but the LHN guys.

Yes, it's a dead give away that when the other official is writing shit down during a review the play is getting over turned. They should key announcers in to what is going on.

That FG sure looked good live while watching on the jumbotron. They never put up a replay. I kept thinking they would review it. I hate that angle on field goals. especially short ones.
They put up a replay on the lhn from behind the goalpost and it was no good. Them two is the new dave south.

ahmad just talks too much.  Galindo is just bad.  He's barely tolerable in scripted shows and pregame stuff.  someone at ESPN needs to say a big game on LHN will have at least a B team announcing crew and tell them you are on the LHN not  ESPNU or ESPN2.   find guys like Klatt who will at least be positive towards us during the call but not overbearing.

ahmad is  C team and Galindo is D team.

50 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

ahmad just talks too much.  Galindo is just bad. 

this is probably the most succinct way to put it. ahmad would mostly be fine if he would just let things slow down a bit. there's a difference in how one does color commentary and how one does a weekly show/recap show/radio broadcast, etc. just don't feel like you need to break down and explain every single play and you'll be fine. 

lowell is just fucking terrrible. 

9 hours ago, Hozz said:

I actually think it was clear to Galindo but Brooks wouldn't stop talking about Kris Boyd enough to actually have a discussion about WHAT WAS GOING ON IN THE ACTUAL GAME.

I like Brooks alright, he just needs to stick with game action and say about 1/10th as many words as he does now. Someone said he talks more than a wife when you ask her "How was your day?" That's about right.

On 11/17/2018 at 9:49 PM, Thetexashammer said:

Lowell, if he plays his cards right, is the next Rece Davis. At least that is the model. He's good. He's calling national games now. He's not great, but he's "predictable" and that's what the suits like. Hate on him, but he's better than most people calling games for ESPN. 

One more reason to loathe ESPN.  

On 11/17/2018 at 9:49 PM, Thetexashammer said:

Lowell, if he plays his cards right, is the next Rece Davis. At least that is the model. He's good. He's calling national games now. He's not great, but he's "predictable" and that's what the suits like. Hate on him, but he's better than most people calling games for ESPN. 

Nice try, Lowell