Lowell and Ahmad

Goo Punch

They never, ever, ever stop talking. Same with Lowell and Lance for hoops. but it's even worse with Ahmad. Ahmad spends literally every spare second post-play breaking down whatever just happened like it's a post game break down show. 

Also, Lowell often seems like he's watching a different game. Whatever he's saying wil be the opposite of what's actually happening.

"He's got some room!" (he's gang tackled .5 seconds later)

"One man to beat!" (he's immediately tackled by five guys)

"And that field goal is good." (the field goal was not good)

someone please tell these guys to chill out.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Lowell, if he plays his cards right, is the next Rece Davis. At least that is the model. He's good. He's calling national games now. He's not great, but he's "predictable" and that's what the suits like. Hate on him, but he's better than most people calling games for ESPN. 

what a fucking horrible take.  he is nowhere near rece davis.  lowell has worked at LHN since it's inception while people like sam ponder, jane slater and emmanuel acho have all moved on to bigger jobs.  lowell isn't moving up because lowell sucks. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Lowell, if he plays his cards right, is the next Rece Davis. At least that is the model. He's good. He's calling national games now. He's not great, but he's "predictable" and that's what the suits like. Hate on him, but he's better than most people calling games for ESPN. 

he's not good. he's terrible. he does play by play like it's a weekly coach's show. he constantly asks long, inane questions, he's constantly talking about off field stories, and he's just constantly talking. he is objectively bad at his job, among the worst I've ever seen.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

None of this is true. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

They never, ever, ever stop talking. Same with Lowell and Lance for hoops. but it's even worse with Ahmad. Ahmad spends literally every spare second post-play breaking down whatever just happened like it's a post game break down show. 

Also, Lowell often seems like he's watching a different game. Whatever he's saying wil be the opposite of what's actually happening.

"He's got some room!" (he's gang tackled .5 seconds later)

"One man to beat!" (he's immediately tackled by five guys)

"And that field goal is good." (the field goal was not good)

someone please tell these guys to chill out.

Yeah one time he said “he’s got blockers” 

on the heard reverse he had no blockers 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Yeah one time he said “he’s got blockers” 

on the heard reverse he had no blockers 

All of that is true. But the morons don't get that. 

ESPN is a fucked up organization. I don't evaluate on the basis of their promotion policies. Yes, I knew it should be posted in the unnpopular opinions thread. But I like him, he's good enough. He's got what the higher ups are looking for. He's kind of a Rod Gilmore. The idiot you can deal with. Look at the guys they actually promote: morons. I'm not saying he's great, Gus Johnson is great. I'm saying he has what they are looking for.

Edited by Thetexashammer

5 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

ESPN is a fucked up organization. I don't evaluate on the basis of their promotion policies. Yes, I knew it should be posted in the unnpopular opinions thread. But I like him, he's good enough. He's got what the higher ups are looking for. He's kind of a Rod Gilmore. The idiot you can deal with. Look at the guys they actually promote: morons. I'm not saying he's great, Gus Johnson is great. I'm saying he has what they are looking for.

edit: I can't explain why all of my text is bolder as well. shitty stupid mobile site.

how can you keep speaking with such confidence when the exact opposite of what you are saying is true? also, how do you reconcile, "i don't judge guys based on whether or not they get promoted", followed by, "Lowell Galindo (been watching all of his peers at LHN get promoted for years) has what the ESPN higher ups are looking for"??? That's insanity. and dude, look around- you're alone in this opinion, because you're wrong. he's objectively bad at doing pxp. nobody is looking to hire him. 

Edited by Goo Punch

9 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

ESPN is a fucked up organization. I don't evaluate on the basis of their promotion policies. Yes, I knew it should be posted in the unnpopular opinions thread. But I like him, he's good enough. He's got what the higher ups are looking for. He's kind of a Rod Gilmore. The idiot you can deal with. Look at the guys they actually promote: morons. I'm not saying he's great, Gus Johnson is great. I'm saying he has what they are looking for.

so why the fuck is he the ONE person who hasn't moved on to greener pastures?

hint: he fucking sucks and isn't even worthy of the job he has now.

41 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

This is literally the worst take on surly since that guy said Zion Williamson would be the 4th-best player on Duke.

• Like 3