Hager gets reprimand

Armypilot

3 hours ago, TexLonghorn said:

Count me in as one who hadn't heard Hager say that OU SUCKS or even heard that he said it.  I think it's hilarious though, now that this stupid reprimand came down, EVERYONE is getting to hear what he got reprimanded for!  EVERY news outlet reporting on this is typing out "OU still sucks"!  No man in history has gotten as much mileage out of saying one lone "OU STILL SUCKS" as Hager has.

A 'Top Headline" on ESPN:

UT's Hager reprimanded for saying OU 'sucks'

10 minutes ago, HeyMcFly said:

I love his attitude and he is right of course... but def not the time to give them bulletin board material.

Maybe it's the double move, get them so hyped with bulletin board material on Texas, and they fuck up and get beat by a hungry WVU coming off a loss.

I think Dana is gonna have Lincolns gimmick offense figured out.

WVU - 59

OU - 42

• Like 1

Just now, Zavala said:

Maybe it's the double move, get them so hyped with bulletin board material on Texas, and they fuck up and get beat by a hungry WVU coming off a loss.

WVU - 59

OU - 42

would love to get another crack at WVU

3 minutes ago, Zavala said:

WVU - 59

OU - 42

Not sure you can call Riley's offense gimmick, it is just a ridiculous air raid with elite athletes at almost every skill position. This seems like a game that one of two things happens. Either Holgo gets undressed on national television and loses by 5 touchdowns, or Holgo goes in all red bulled up and knocks the piss out of Oklahoma and wins comfortably. I am leaning more to the former as WVU has never seemed to be very clutch in big spots. I would love to be wrong but I am fairly certain we rematch with blowU. 

2 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

I consider sportsmanship to

be an essential part of the game I so truly love. I spoke with

our athletics director Chris Del Conte and Coach Herman about

what I said after Saturday’s game and understand why it reflected poor-

ly on me and my team. I had no ill intentions when I made my comment-

s about Oklahoma, which included a phrase that’s used by fans,

but I have to realize that it’s different coming from me. M-

y thought process was that it would put a fun and light-hearted charge into the greate-

st rivalry in college football that my family has been involved in playing in for many years, b-

ut I can see now that was not the way to do it. I have the utmost respe-

ct for the University of Oklahoma and their football program and

know a number of players on their team, and I want to apologize to them. I want to repre-

sent myself, my family, my football program, my University,

and the Big 12 Conference in the best possible way. I’m truly

sorry for the comments I made, will learn from thi-

s, and will keep working to improve my ability to think about the ramifications of what I say before I say it.”

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Not sure you can call Riley's offense gimmick, it is just a ridiculous air raid with elite athletes at almost every skill position. This seems like a game that one of two things happens. Either Holgo gets undressed on national television and loses by 5 touchdowns, or Holgo goes in all red bulled up and knocks the piss out of Oklahoma and wins comfortably. I am leaning more to the former as WVU has never seemed to be very clutch in big spots. I would love to be wrong but I am fairly certain we rematch with blowU. 

So do I. Afraid it's inevitable at this point. Holgo blowing the game in Stillwater proved it to me.

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

The problem isn't on the offensive side of the ball for OU, it's their defense.  The Mountaineers could quite possibly score on every single possession.  OU's defense is horrible, and Grier and that offense are really good.  On the flip side, WVU's defense is good enough to get a few stops, and that's all it's going to take to eke out a 7 or 10 point win.

2 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

I consider sportsmanship to

be an essential part of the game I so truly love. I spoke with

our athletics director Chris Del Conte and Coach Herman about

what I said after Saturday’s game and understand why it reflected poor-

ly on me and my team. I had no ill intentions when I made my comment-

s about Oklahoma, which included a phrase that’s used by fans,

but I have to realize that it’s different coming from me. M-

y thought process was that it would put a fun and light-hearted charge into the greate-

st rivalry in college football that my family has been involved in playing in for many years, b-

ut I can see now that was not the way to do it. I have the utmost respe-

ct for the University of Oklahoma and their football program and

know a number of players on their team, and I want to apologize to them. I want to repre-

sent myself, my family, my football program, my University,

and the Big 12 Conference in the best possible way. I’m truly

sorry for the comments I made, will learn from thi-

s, and will keep working to improve my ability to think about the ramifications of what I say before I say it.”

I analyzed it for like 72 hours before I saw it.

Edited by Steel Shank
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, HeyMcFly said:

talking about Hager

Oklahoma doesn't need bulletin board material against Texas. Texas doesn't need bulletin board material against Oklahoma. It's an actual rivalry. Stop worrying about stupid stuff.

Just look at the Oklahoma response to this ridiculousness. They don't want us to apologize because an apology doesn't do jack shit to make them feel better about losing to us this year.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Lol because someone in the football office, probably bianco, wrote it for him.  I'm sure Hager didn't give a shit either way.

Exactly.  My 1st thought was, "if I'm Hager, I just turn to the nearest person and ask them to type something up for me."

The XII got it wrong on this issue, as no reprimand is needed, both players & alumni/ fans of UT & OU should be able to talks/ gesture all the smack talk they want...

tenor.gif?itemid=3539597

It's a rivalry damnit..! I can promise New Mexico/ Colorado/ Nebraska/ Arkansas wished Texas had such attention to their programs, as what is shown to Oklahoma...
The XII exist at this point, based on fact Texas & Oklahoma enjoy being in the same league with their #1 arch-rival... Don't reduce the "rivalry" XII, regret may loom in 2025...

Game will be 65-63. 50/50 on who wins.

This is one of those awesome things where like 10 people heard the original statement and maybe 2 of them cared. Now, thanks to the Big 12 front office, it made ESPN and gets national attention.

Like being in Jr. Hi, getting called "booger eater" by a bully in the halls. An assistant principal overhears it, starts yelling "Calling this nice man 'booger eater' is demeaning! No one wants to be called 'booger eater'. 'Booger eater' is an awful thing to say, very hurtful, and can't believe you called this kid, standing right here in front of me, wearing a red shirt and jeans I'd say about 5'2" sandy blond hair, a name like 'booger eater'! I demand you apologize right now for calling him 'booger eater'!"

Now, everyone around the world is seeing Hager, in all of his Willie/Wooderson awesomness, reminding us of our duty to constantly comment on OU sucking! You can't buy this type of branding!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1