Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Well, we were too drunk to go fishing in lieu of starving, so there is that. 

https://visitarmagh.com/stories/taste-local-flavours-in-one-of-irelands-best-culinary-destinations/the-world-beating-eels-of-lough-neagh/

apparently they do fish, for the eels that are the descendants of the snakes that st Patrick drove away. 

Well, we were too drunk to go fishing in lieu of starving, so there is that. 
Yall heathens need to go Dublin and repent your anti Irish attitudes. Fine people. Singing Country Roads at 1 am at a bar was a fine experience, celebrating the first Astros WS ring on a bus at 4 am heading to the airport with a bunch of Dubliners heading to work who were happy for me was even finer.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

If you want a deep dive on OSINT and one of the bigger guys in it

In this episode, we continue our journey in the enthralling world of Open Source Intelligence with OSINT Technical, one of the leading twitter accounts for sharing publicly available information about the War in Ukraine. We explore the intriguing facets of the Russian & Ukranian military strategies, tactics, and philosophy. Our podcast further uncovers the meticulous process for verifying data and ensuring quality control in open source intelligence.

We then turn our attention to the strategic approaches of the Russian ISR and the contrasting tactics that have led to Ukraine's successes. We offer insights into the equipment differences between Ukraine and Russia and discuss the Ukrainian HIMARs. The use of drones in warfare is also a key focus, along with predictions about the future of Ukraine, and the strategic thinking behind Russia's recent invasion. Exploring the complex geopolitics involved, we analyze the relationships between Russia and other countries. We also discuss the Storm Shadow Missile and the Moscow Victory Parade, shedding light on their significance. Lastly, we recommend some excellent OSINT resources for those eager to delve deeper into this field.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Two thoughts:

We need to stop telling our taxpayers we are sending billions to Ukraine.  We need to figure out how to say we are paying US defense contractors billions and keeping our own economy humming.  We are hurting our own political will.

This is useful link here because some don't go to CR as a matter of policy.

Given the D’s and R’s are actually talking on the Debt Limit, it’s a good sign that other compromise may be possible.  It’s just a matter of timing and if they can get to September when they need to do a deal on yearly spending. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Taking one for the team.  Really strapping it on for some action.   Going deep to help.  

Let's not get cocksure and go down a rabbit hole on this one.

Focus on bullets, movements, and the grinding pace of war.

If not. you cause this forum to get off course. 

37 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Given the past few years of UT athletics, Tums or Alka Seltzer is a more fitting sponsor.  Or Xanax.

Actually that's confined pretty much to football and men's basketball. Outside of that we're pretty much in a golden age. Of course, that's a little like "other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?" but it's still not completely fair to throw the whole athletic program into the drink. It's pretty much the gold standard in all of college sports as an athletic program overall. 

Back to Ukraine, I'm extremely grateful to the UK for sending the Storm Shadow missiles, and the US for sending the MALDs being used. We deservedly get credit for providing the largest amount by far to help Ukraine, but the UK has regularly taken the lead in this fight in ways other countries have seemed reluctant to, and that's now under two different prime ministers. 

I'm also extremely grateful to Meloni of Italy, who has pretty much gone against the grain of both popular sentiment in Italy and with the longstanding opinions of the most powerful member of her party. 

And while I'm not entirely pleased with the results of the election in Turkiye, I'm a bit stunned a fair election can still be held there. I realize that's not directly germane to Ukraine, but rulers for life is the dynamic that Ukraine fought so bravely against, and continues to do so. What happens in Turkiye is of extreme importance. Erdogan and his party are simply not aligned long term with the West, and the direction that Ukrainian people die every day so their country can continue moving towards. I'd like to see any government formed there other than his, even if I have no illusions how effective it can be given that the only real common theme among the opposition is an "anyone but Erdogan" mentality. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Do they even have hundreds of Storm Shadow cruise missiles? I highly doubt it. I'm sure they're going deep into their stock in painful ways for their military readiness simply to supply what they're currently giving Ukraine. I'm grateful for it. It's difficult to say how critical their presence ends up being for the success of the upcoming counter offensive, but it could very well provide a huge difference in outcomes. Not just in terms of their actual effectiveness, but simply having them as a threat on the battlefield will have an outsized impact on Russian operations. 

• Hook 'Em 2

My English friend who lives near Wolverhampton poster this earlier today:

There's been a lot of military traffic overhead this week, west to east.

She is pretty observant when it comes to military air traffic, as she was an RAF brat (her dad flew a Lancaster in WW2 - I posted the photo of his bomber when it had made a crash landing after a mission over Germany):

D98CA761-4C9F-4451-9ACE-8923BF8F4307.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

His departure after his inadvertent sharing of his sexual proclivities is one of the most disappointing, low points of board history.

The only correct response to the question of "Wait a second...NowThis....did you just reveal to us that you're into pegging?" would have been

1acf9339-3635-4d93-9b80-c58fdf08c3c5_tex

RIP Black Mamba

• Haha 7

21 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Where have you gone, @buymybonerpills our forum turns it’s embarrassed eyes to you. 

Slava Ukraine. FYI in spoiler to hide something CR-adjacent.

Sup. I

was banned years ago because I called a guy out for naming his dog "HeritageNotHate" or something like that. It was before Trumpism, Murderous Cops, and all that BS moved the general tone of the board away from accepting Pro-Confederacy/Anti-Black stuff as that-silliness-over-there to realizing it's something harmful to our democracy and scary/offensive to black folks.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

51 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

My English friend who lives near Wolverhampton poster this earlier today:

She is pretty observant when it comes to military air traffic, as she was an RAF brat (her dad flew a Lancaster in WW2 - I posted the photo of his bomber when it had made a crash landing after a mission over Germany):

D98CA761-4C9F-4451-9ACE-8923BF8F4307.jpeg

Pretty rare bird as it has the Hercules on it rather than the Merlin.   Very nice pic.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1