Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

55 minutes ago, Bevo said:

So, basically the manufacturers of My Pillow.

You’re joking but we do have a depleted onshore manufacturing base if it really required a total war effort. 

41 minutes ago, troph said:

Elon musk making electric tanks too prolly.

Going to need a lot of charging stations 

2 hours ago, 686 said:

Look at this uncouth SOB that wouldn’t even put on a tie, much less his full dress uni, to meet an Emperor.

Zelensky is communicating that he has no time for pomp and flair; his people are dying and he’s working tirelessly to help them.

MacArthur had 5 stars on his collar.  That's all he needed/cared about.  He was probably commando under those pants.

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Confession time, every time I've ever seen this picture I've internally asked myself, "What the fuck is wrong with MacArthur's pants?"  

2 hours ago, 686 said:

Old man physique. He was 65 I think in that photo, which is gotta be like 75-80 today.

Yeah, when you look at the older officers in WWII, a lot of them looked old with the clothes, and the pants pulled up.

You can tell they had some PFCs or corporals that shined his shoes and ironed his clothes though.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

You’re joking but we do have a depleted onshore manufacturing base if it really required a total war effort. 

I'm looking but it is kind of hard to distinguish the manufacturing plants from the crack houses.

Detroit

DFile:Aerial View of Downtown Detroit.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Houston

Houston Ship Channel closure could cost energy industry $1 billion

Edited by Bevo

1 hour ago, B00M said:

Man the momentum really seems to have turned. 

a big takeaway from this for me is how quickly we’re going to deplete our advanced weapon systems in a conflict with an actual near peer. That war is going to become a ‘dumb’ meat grinder in a hurry. 

We plan for a full-on war, complete with aerial domination, which means no meatgrinder on the ground because we push through their defenses behind our airpower.

The only near-pear we have to worry about is China, and that would be ocean-based, and we have more than enough seapower to keep them from setting foot on Taiwan (and Taiwan alone would make it extremely difficult to cross the 100 miles of open sea and then land on narrow zeroed-in chokepoints of a beach system).

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

1. Listen to @Dahobbs and not wiki on missiles and shit. He’s spot on with why Kinzhal is just a ballistic missile.

2. Credible outlets (CNN Natsec) report that a Patriot battery was damaged not destroyed. A few things. First, they say it may be repaired in Ukraine. That means that it was not a radar and probably not the command station. Second- Patriot is not a wuderwaffe and is one of the most high value targets Ukraine has. If that barrage last night accomplished damage to a launcher? Massive W for the AFU air defense. 

So this report would nullify the previous claims that everything was successfully shot down. 

• Fuck You 4

34 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

I'd like to see some justification for this assertion. We may not manufacture goods like we did previously, but we absolutely have a very advanced manufacturing industry. And we do a good job of keeping our defense industry developed and busy. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

So this report would nullify the previous claims that everything was successfully shot down. 

I can’t tell is this is serious but I’ll give a serious answer: We don’t know and it’s unlikely we will get great clarity immediately. This is the quote:

A US-made Patriot air defense system was likely damaged, but not destroyed, as the result of a Russian missile barrage in and around Kyiv early Tuesday morning local time, a US official tells CNN.

That damage could have been from a misfire of an interceptor. That does happen. It could have come from fragments of a successfully intercepted missile. And it could have come from a strike by an intact missile that was not intercepted. 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I can’t tell is this is serious but I’ll give a serious answer: We don’t know and it’s unlikely we will get great clarity immediately. This is the quote:

That damage could have been from a misfire of an interceptor. That does happen. It could have come from fragments of a successfully intercepted missile. And it could have come from a strike by an intact missile that was not intercepted. 

Or, a Surly poster could have just destroyed the shitter at the Patriot site.   Lotsa possibilities.

• Haha 5

41 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

Well, there is a good reason for Ukraine to not share news on damage to air defense systems. Doing so just advertises vulnerability. 

Like now. There are reports of Russian cruise missiles coming from the sea. They’re going for the kill, I assume. So they can go back to targeting civilian population centers. Hopefully, Ukraine still has some air defense, either partial Patriot or other systems. 

Want some good news? Sounds like the Netherlands will work with the UK on getting F-16s to Ukraine (the Dutch actually have F-16s)

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, B00M said:

Man the momentum really seems to have turned. 

a big takeaway from this for me is how quickly we’re going to deplete our advanced weapon systems in a conflict with an actual near peer. That war is going to become a ‘dumb’ meat grinder in a hurry. 

Um, none of the weaponry the US has provided is advanced, quite literally none of it from us.  It's all old technology with at least one generation, if not generations between it and what we have.  But if you are concerned about the something like the Patriot taking some damage, remember it's 35 years old.  

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It's been a rough year for you. It must get harder and harder for you to fabricate Russian good news so you can get an erection. There's probably a great selection of Russian propaganda films somewhere on Rumble. Why don't you give some of those a shot?

The only reason it’s been a rough year with regards to this war is that I think it’s clear we are going to have commit a lot more to it than people here are assuming. And that makes the range of outcomes bigger outside of being just a local conflict. I guess we’re all going to all find out. 

I don’t look for Russian good news, I just marvel at the pretzels people twist themselves into here. 

Ukrainian ammo depot blows up.
They were doing Ukraine a favor! They couldn’t even get rid of those old weapons! Surely there was nothing new or useful there!

Bakhmut finally falling. 
Oh now they’re going to pinch them from sides! 

Patriot system damaged. 
That was just falling debris! They shot every single thing down!

• Fuck You 14

More on this from Kirby, who won’t confirm damage and is kind of downplaying this. Says they can help if anything needs fixing. 

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/05/16/7402524/

So assuming the truth is that there’s some damage, what we have is the most massive and complex Russian SEAD mission of the war, against that maybe managed to take one AFU AD off-line for an unspecified time. And we don’t know how much damage, and what exactly caused it….shit falls everywhere when blasting supersonic projectiles out of the sky. 

And keep in mind, the Patriot is a system that was slammed before the war as basically useless against the newest missiles Russia (and China) have to offer. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

The only reason it’s been a rough year with regards to this war is that I think it’s clear we are going to have commit a lot more to it than people here are assuming. And that makes the range of outcomes bigger outside of being just a local conflict. I guess we’re all going to all find out. 

I don’t look for Russian good news, I just marvel at the pretzels people twist themselves into here. 

They were doing Ukraine a favor! They couldn’t even get rid of those old weapons! Surely there was nothing new or useful there!

Bakhmut finally falling. 

Patriot system damaged. 
That was just falling debris! They shot every single thing down!

I like free lining a big mullet for Ling, but I don't think I care for your tone or your severe oversimplification and distortion of matters here sir.
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

You do realize that the facility in question, along with much of what it stored (rocket fuel/rocket motors, etc.), was left there by the Soviets over 30 years ago, right?  That it was literally marked on maps, that you could see from publicly-available satellite photos that it stored something highly-volatile based on all of the earth berms around it, and that it was all right there in the open? Oh, and the civilians in the area were openly bitching three years ago to the BBC that they wanted the Ukrainian government to keep disposing of the rocket fuel and the other stuff (land mines) because they were worried an accident might happen and it might blow up.

This wasn't a situation where the Soviets conveniently forgot to update military maps around Chernobyl back in the 1980s so that in 2022 their ignorant and idiot soldiers were digging trenches in the woods around the power plant and stirring up God knows what, this was literally something everybody knew about and has known about for decades.

Of course the Ukrainians would store their latest and greatest at a facility that they knew the Russians knew about because the fucking Russians literally left a bunch of shit there 30 years ago.

21 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

Bakhmut finally falling. 

I was an early doubter, but here we are 9 months later, thousands of Russians have died (maybe 10,000) trying to take the 66th largest city in Ukraine, a city the size of San Marcos, and just as the Russians are trying to clear and hold the center, the Ukrainians are literally moving around the flanks.

Maybe the Ukrainians know what they are doing, and maybe they were right that if they didn't make a stand at Bakhmut, they'd have to fight the same Russians/Wagner types elsewhere. 

66th largest city in Ukraine and it's taken them 9 months to get this far into Bakhmut.

HandsomeIncompatibleAnemonecrab-max-1mb.

• Hook 'Em 7

25 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

In 2003, it took the US/coalition, who had to fly/ship their gear thousands of miles around the world by boat and airplane, six days to take Baghdad, a city of over 5 million people.

Russia has not been able to fully take and consolidate Bakhmut, a city of 77,000 people, after over 285 days, even though they had more troops than the Coalition had in 2003, and Ukraine had about the same number as the Iraqis.

A city that is 145 miles from the Russian border.

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Got it. This is next to the Grimes DM post in your library. 

There’s a few key differences. Obviously the Russian army can’t compare to ours in 2003. (Our current army would come up short as well.) Also the Ukrainian army is superior to Iraqis then. And has a lot of international weight behind it. 

For whatever one thinks of the size or strategic importance of Bakhmut both sides thought it was necessary to throw massive resources into the battle. Zelensky was quoted on the importance of it more than once. And the Ukrainians are just about driven out. 

It’s a lot of cope. 

• Fuck You 26

48 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

Maybe Russia is pretty successfully destroying the shit we’re giving Ukraine?

i pretty successfully destroyed the shit in your mom's asshole last night, so this comment hits close to home for me

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

There’s a few key differences. Obviously the Russian army can’t compare to ours in 2003. (Our current army would come up short as well.) Also the Ukrainian army is superior to Iraqis then. And has a lot of international weight behind it. 

For whatever one thinks of the size or strategic importance of Bakhmut both sides thought it was necessary to throw massive resources into the battle. Zelensky was quoted on the importance of it more than once. And the Ukrainians are just about driven out. 

It’s a lot of cope. 

You are several days behind on your copium messaging, vatnik.

Please try and keep up with the latest and greatest Kremlin messaging, comrade.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

It's the 66th largest city in Ukraine.

It's a 145 miles from the Russian border. It's closer to the Russian border than Houston is to Austin.

9 fucking months and the Russians still don't fully control it.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's the 66th largest city in Ukraine.

It's a 145 miles from the Russian border.

9 fucking months and the Russians still don't fully control it.

This.  Imagine that we went to war with Mexico....and we couldn't manage to capture Linares (in Nuevo Leon).  Never heard of it?  EXACTLY.  IT'S A FUCKING NOTHING, AND AFTER MONTHS OF TRYING AND LOSING THOUSANDS OF SOLDIERS, RUSSIA STILL DOESN'T CONTROL IT.

We would have to fold as a nation state.  I'm actually serious, we wouldn't survive a military failure of that level.  Yet in Russia...it's just a shoulder shrug, because of course.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Mullet Free thinks the solo 100 year old Reno at this years Victory Day in Russia is because they’re whipping so much Ukrainian ass. 

I don’t think anyone is whipping ass. Looks like a deadly stalemate currently. Although Russia is closer to winning imo.

Today we found out Ukraine has less than a month’s fuel and needs more weapons to launch its counteroffensive that was supposed to give supporting countries confidence that the tide was turning. 

I’m going to head out now, so y’all can shake your pom poms without fear of any divergent thoughts. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 20

26 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

It’s a lot of cope. 

Have you not followed what happened there? Can you guess why they wanted to keep defending that ground? What is the end result of that defense? All told, who won? Was it about the land or something else?

• Hook 'Em 2