Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, MillerEP said:

^

Press release
June 11, 2023
Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation Address
Statement of treason by the Wagner group
The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation issues the following press release
Defense Department. The Russian Federation has received information that the Wagner Group, a private water company operating in various regions, has repeatedly engaged in activities aimed at discrediting the Ministry of Defense and undermining the security and integrity of the Russian Federation. Such actions are recognized as a clear act of treason against the state and its institutions.
The Department of Defense views this behavior with great concern, as it not only undermines our national security, but also endangers stability and peace in the regions where the Wagner Group operates. We have carefully observed and closely followed the activities of the "Wagner Group" over a long period of time and have found strong evidence to support these claims.
The actions of the "Wagner Group" included spreading false information, disinformation and
conducting authorized military operations that directly contradict the interests of the Russian Federation. These actions were carried out independently and without the approval or approval of the Ministry of Defense or other relevant Russian authorities.
Considering the seriousness of these crimes and the continued disregard for the laws and principles governing the security of our country. The Ministry of Defense officially declares members of the "Wagner Group" as traitors to the Russian Federation. This designation means that he deliberately betrayed the trust placed in them, acting contrary to the best interests of the state and its citizens.
Consequently, the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation is issuing a warning to all parties associated with the "Wagner Group, directly or indirectly, to immediately cease any form of support, cooperation or affiliation with this organization. Failure to comply with this instruction may entail serious legal consequences, including, but not limited, criminal charges and prosecution under Russian law
property. The Ministry of Defense remains committed to ensuring the security and sovereignty of the Russian Federation, and we will continue to take decisive action against any threats, both external and internal, that threaten the interests of our country.

Chatter on Twitter that there are some legit errors in the document which make it highly unlikely to be real. To that I say.

8BBB8F17-D69D-4AE8-9AA1-9F7CCEF43816.gif.cb312bce2dfd0dc3cadfed2e4fcfd791.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

Chatter on Twitter that there are some legit errors in the document which make it highly unlikely to be real. To that I say.

8BBB8F17-D69D-4AE8-9AA1-9F7CCEF43816.gif.cb312bce2dfd0dc3cadfed2e4fcfd791.gif

Not only is it somewhat believable because Prigozhin threatened Shoigu, but Wagner kidnapped and tortured a Russian Lt. Colonel and then released the video.

At the end of the day, forcing Wagner mercs into the Russian military achieves the same purpose without wasting bullets.

• Hook 'Em 1

So this Wagne

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Not only is it somewhat believable because Prigozhin threatened Shoigu, but Wagner kidnapped and tortured a Russian Lt. Colonel and then released the video.

At the end of the day, forcing Wagner mercs into the Russian military achieves the same purpose without wasting bullets.

Is the Wagner kidnapping confirmed, and if so, why did they do that? Why is Wagner doing this?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

So this Wagne

Is the Wagner kidnapping confirmed, and if so, why did they do that? Why is Wagner doing this?

Yes. 

The short answer (which I'm not that good at) is that Wagner was departing Bakhmut, and they were demining Russian mines so they could do so. The Lt. Colonel in question told his men to open fire on them. Wagner then took him prisoner, apparently tortured and interrogated him, and got him to confess on camera he was drunk and angry towards them. Then they released him.

A few days later he releases another video explaining his actions, basically calling the Wagner soldiers assholes, saying they blatantly stole Russian military equipment and supplies.

I'm sure there's more to the story, since they had operated in the same theater for quite a while, but we have multiple points of confirmation that it really did happen, including from the people involved on both sides. No one is exactly denying it. 

Hope that helps.

• Hook 'Em 7

34 minutes ago, 27-25 said:

The grenade detonation at 0:11 in the video is something else to see.  At least the Orc didn't suffer for long.  Good for him, I guess.

They need to make it so that these switchblade or similar drones have a feature where they eject the camera just before hitting so we get to see more explosions instead of just the video cutting out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Why would these countries supplying Russia not have, months or a year ago, stopped marking their parts with manufacturing date?  Or obscuring them before use if they are bought pieces?  Stupid?  Don’t care?

it's not really how mfg works.  not that China has the greatest qual control, but you mfg stuff in batches (lots) and run qc on those lots to make sure something is not majorly fucked up that continues to affect multiple/all lots.  you need ways to ID all the lots to track if/where changes in the mfg process took place.  I guess they could add a separate line to scrub the SN or lot ID (which usually has date info) but then, you really need to be able to ID which lot is which at the end user in case you realize a fuckup after your product has shipped.   Oftentimes you can fix on-site but you need a way for the end customer to be able to ID the affected lots so they can be quarantined awaiting a solution.

that and they don't care.  at all.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

I mean, we all know they did it, but posting stuff like this is not helpful if it's not accurate.

I don't know if you're referring to me or "Devana", but I posted it because it was an actual video of Putin describing the event and its serendipitous effects as though it wasn't purposeful. It's clear that he doesn't explicitly admit to destroying the dam in that clip and I agree that she is misrepresenting what Putin says. The ChrisO_Wiki thread explains the context much better, but it was not available when I shared the video. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Why would these countries supplying Russia not have, months or a year ago, stopped marking their parts with manufacturing date?  Or obscuring them before use if they are bought pieces?  Stupid?  Don’t care?

They have slow spy balloons Over sensitive parts of the US

They have listening stations in Cuba

They have PRC “police stations” in NYC

(and there’s that whole virus thing that killed seven million people)

No, they really don’t care. 

23 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

I don't know if you're referring to me or "Devana", but I posted it because it was an actual video of Putin describing the event and its serendipitous effects as though it wasn't purposeful. It's clear that he doesn't explicitly admit to destroying the dam in that clip and I agree that she is misrepresenting what Putin says. The ChrisO_Wiki thread explains the context much better, but it was not available when I shared the video. 

I was referring to Devana.  However, posting this uncritically (i.e., without explaining that you believe it's clear he doesn't explicitly admit anything), suggests that you know and agree with her, or didn't bother to check if what she said was accurate.  Since I don't speak Russian I dug through the comments and found someone calling her out pretty quickly.  

Not really taking issue with you.