Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

31 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

The (Montreux) Convention regarding the Regime of the Strait

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreux_Convention_Regarding_the_Regime_of_the_Straits

Which is a shame, because if it was open, the Russians could have towed their aircraft carrier to the Black Sea and then some enterprising Ukrainian farmers could have taken it off their hands.   

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Which is a shame, because if it was open, the Russians could have towed their aircraft carrier to the Black Sea and then some enterprising Ukrainian farmers could have taken it off their hands.   

Carriers, and all ships over a certain weight are blocked from transiting. That is why we place our Med Fleet out near Greece.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

No way. Both you and @956 Worldwide are well informed on the geopolitical scene and I very much enjoy your posts.

Thanks man, but he tracks at a different level than I do. Shit, reason I post in the Global Spring thread is I know there are a lot of Longhorns working in rough places. Part of my job is to track real time potential issues so the team and clients know what is going on. Fuck StratFor, my team for Latin America, Africa and S Pacific is better.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Born to Run said:
4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:
It's like y'all are purposefully ignoring one of my current faves, the lovely French-Algerian Shirine Boutella....
6nfpxt014dvb1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=4d653612dc838314ca7bb632f42c69629fe4d861
4765360MVB9Ra7.jpg
w1000-476536O7vEoSsM.jpg

She could bring about peace in this conflict.  Or....she could make the combatants fight even more viciously.  Such is the way of many women in history.....

Looks like she could repair a 67 Camaro and out ski your ass maybe.

Isn't she dating Ricky?

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Born to Run said:
4 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:
Russia can move vessels up to about frigate size from Azov to the Baltic and Barents Seas via canal systems and the Volga. 

This site is amazing.

Should add that they don’t even have to go that far, they also have a canal from the Don to Volga and can connect to the Caspian. Some of the missile corvettes in the Black Sea now came from the Caspian Flotilla.  

10 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Should add that they don’t even have to go that far, they also have a canal from the Don to Volga and can connect to the Caspian. Some of the missile corvettes in the Black Sea now came from the Caspian Flotilla.  

So mine that fucker.

Not big ones that can take out a Battleship, but a ton of little ones. Death of a thousand knives.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

So mine that fucker.

Not big ones that can take out a Battleship, but a ton of little ones. Death of a thousand knives.

If AFU could get access to the Don to lay mines, they wouldn’t need to because that would mean a total Russian collapse and end of the war. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

If AFU could get access to the Don to lay mines, they wouldn’t need to because that would mean a total Russian collapse and end of the war. 

Fifteen or twenty itty bitty ones. Like small french titties. Just sink the first one.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Fifteen or twenty itty bitty ones. Like small french titties. Just sink the first one.

Miss Casta doesn’t get why you say “small.” (This SI Swimsuit page was dog-eared and kept handy in my high school bedroom). 

image.thumb.jpeg.1c796df6c45973f23c427bbeb8e44188.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

7 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Last project I was on in Kazakhstan (oil and gas) we shipped our plant modules all the way to the Caspian from St Petersburg. The canal system is actually pretty neat. 

that being said, fuck Russia and Putin. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Where are they going to go? They cannot go through the Bosporus.

12 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Russia can move vessels up to about frigate size from Azov to the Baltic and Barents Seas via canal systems and the Volga. 

12 hours ago, Bevo said:

Until the Ukranians sink one in the Volga. 

10 hours ago, Born to Run said:
12 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This site is amazing.

8 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga–Don_Canal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manych_Ship_Canal

Donrivermap-Volga_Don_Canal.png

Caspphoto.jpg?resize=640,425&ssl=1

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Miss Casta doesn’t get why you say “small.” (This SI Swimsuit page was dog-eared and kept handy in my high school bedroom). 

image.thumb.jpeg.1c796df6c45973f23c427bbeb8e44188.jpeg

I say small because I’m middle aged, at a certain age big tiddies become an occupational hazard. 

• Haha 1

US and NATO allies working together over the past month or so, and while these exercises have went on for decades, it’s still a reminder to Russia.

US Marines freezing their assess off in Norway 

https://www.dvidshub.net/news/463116/us-marines-norwegian-army-collaborate-operations-tactics-ahead-natos-exercise-nordic-response-24

SETERMOEN, Norway - Nestled among the snow-capped mountains of northern Norway lies Setermoen, home to the Norwegian Army's 1st Armored Battalion. Currently, this remote Arctic outpost is hosting 800 U.S. Marines, who are collaborating to learn arctic operations and tactics while sharing their own operational insights with Norwegian counterparts.

Marines hailing from the U.S. Marine Corps' 1st Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, are in Norway for a series of training events alongside their Norwegian peers, ahead of the upcoming exercise Nordic Response 24, part of NATO's Steadfast Defender series. Training opportunities ahead of the exercise allow for shared values and expertise, enhancing interoperability between the armed forces of both nations, particularly in navigating the harsh arctic conditions.

https://www.dvidshub.net/news/464862/us-bombers-arrive-sweden-bomber-task-force-24-2

Two U.S. Air Force B-1B Lancers assigned to the 28th Bomb Wing, Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota, arrived in Luleå-Kallax Air Base, Sweden, for Bomber Task Force 24-2, Feb. 23, 2024. 

During the deployment, the bomber crews and support personnel will integrate with the Swedish Armed Forces, NATO Allies and other international partners to synchronize capabilities and assure security commitments across the U.S. European Command area of responsibility. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

UK saying they'll use frozen Russian assets as collateral for loans to Ukraine.

That’s kind of a big deal, no?  I know the assets are being used as collateral but it seems like semantics.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Will they be able to use that money to buy kickass American weapons?

No.  For CR reasons.  That issue was decided in yesterday's primaries.  We won't know which direction this country will go till November 6th, so no action that could support Ukraine will be taken till then.

• Rage+1 7

While it is sad that the nations in that area seem to have decided that the USA will not be their NATO partners for long, am glad that they are getting their collective regional shit together in case things go further south. 

• Hook 'Em 8

13 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

While it is sad that the nations in that area seem to have decided that the USA will not be their NATO partners for long, am glad that they are getting their collective regional shit together in case things go further south. 

I know a lot about Albania.

For example, it borders on the Adriatic.  Its land is mostly mountainous.  And its chief export is chrome.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

For example, it borders on the Adriatic.  Its land is mostly mountainous.  And its chief export is chrome.

The official state bird is the Emperor Penguin. Also, Albania is the site of the oldest most northern avocado tree forest, dating from Neolithic times.

39 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

-640-0-5c1606c97c727.jpg.8a11e1ca149a2d76e84311c142a9bdab.jpg

Albana Osmani

• Drool 4

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

My grandfather in WW2 bailed out on his 11th mission after a Ploesti bombing run and landed in Albania. He was a POW for around 9 months.

The plane with no one aboard crashed into one of said mountains after everyone bailed out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

EP.gif

Couple years ago I was in a bar in Homer, Alaska, and the local taxi driver was a 60-something-year-old man from--you guessed it--Albania.

The moment he revealed his roots, I started singing the jingle from that Cheers episode ... and the craziest thing ... is he started singing it with me!

Good times.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1