Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

13 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm assuming they aren't using conscripts as mechanics.

And I'm picturing every Russian motor pool as "doing just enough to keep the lieutenants from yelling at us" while selling who knows what on the black market.

Edit: In thinking about it, Russian motor pools probably have access to some of the easiest-to-move stuff to sell on the black market.

Probably sell the spare parts to their brothers-in-law, and keep the empty boxes all taped up and pretty in the store room for whenever an officer comes around counting boxes in inventory.

I mean, who's ever going to know? We never even crank these trucks anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

That’s a great tweet. It’s just hard for me to fathom how indescribably incompetent Russia has been at pretty much every phase of logistics. Plenty of other things have surprised me, but that’s easily been number one. That’s Ukraine’s best shot at a military victory, other than Putin’s death. Just crush Russia’s pathetic attempts to keep their military supplied. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Somebody is scared shitless.  Then again, I would have went AWOL if somebody was trying to make me drive a Russian fuel truck in Ukraine. 

Edit: And keep in mind those trucks look like they have bridging equipment and won't so easily go boom.

Edit2: It's pretty fucking funny that they have all of these knocked-out bridges, and their bridging equipment is stuck on fucking trucks.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Putin miscalculating again.  I am no Griner fan and not proud of my dumb ass jokes I've made about her, but there's no way in hell I'm ok with her being held captive in Russia.  Fuck Putin.

I don't know the true facts to make a decision one way or the other. Planted evidence and it an extreme injustice. Actual possession over there and it is extreme stupidity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SL Xpress said:

I have to think the world is closer to the use of a tactical nuclear weapon than we have been since MacArthur wanted to use one after the retreat from the Chosin Reservoir In Korea. Not saying it will be deployed, but outside of Putin’s assassination or death through natural causes, I don’t understand how this ends. How does Putin escalate to deescalate in a way he finds satisfactory?

If Putin uses a nuke against Ukraine, China will completely bail on them (and China is already taking potshots and being passive-aggressive as it is).

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If Putin uses a nuke against Ukraine, China will completely bail on them (and China is already taking potshots and being passive-aggressive as it is).

It’s not like I’m rooting for it. It was dumb of MacArthur to want to drop one on the Chinese, too. 

It comes down to how badly does Putin want to “win” however he’s defining that in his own mind. Because I don’t see a lot of possibilities. Do you?

Never mind the nuclear option. How does Putin get out of this in a way he finds acceptable?

8 minutes ago, po elvis said:

I don't know the true facts to make a decision one way or the other. Planted evidence and it an extreme injustice. Actual possession over there and it is extreme stupidity.

Yes, either way, I'll still support her big ole ass in any fight to get her back stateside.  

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

This is crazy.  So Putin and oligarchs have been stealing basically all their defense money for the last 20 years?  It’s inconceivable that this is what their jets are relying on. 

Yes. And I’d also bet that the number of active and reserve troops is severely inflated. We saw this in Afghanistan. Regional commander secures his budget for “5000” troops. Tells 3000 of them they shouldn’t bother showing up for work or drills. Pockets the difference on ammunition, food, and equipment. It’s a pretty good racket until you’re supposed to start fighting a war.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Folks, great thread. been on overwatch for 14 days so taking the day off and going to drink beer. Lots of beer. 

A few notes. 

1- Ukraine is winning on all fronts. They can give up territory, but they are winning where it matters

2- Russia's military is not what a lot of us thought. Fuck em. 

3- Damn good analysis and some good laughs on here. 

4- OU Sux and Texas Baseball kicks ass. 

5- I need a beer. 

Nuff said. Have a great day! 

Tell me more about this beer 

1 minute ago, MissingInAction said:

That gremlin is under a mile of mountains and concrete right now. The reason he sits at those cartoonishly long tables is that he's afraid of being assassinated

Where is the Russian Klaus von Stauffenberg?  A cool pressure device in a windowless room would do the trick.

54 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He doesn’t. 

So are you saying either he dies or a tactical nuke is dropped? Because that’s the context of my comment. Someone was telling me why there’s no chance Putin would do so because of how upset the Chinese would be. Is that how you feel?

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

So are you saying either he dies or a tactical nuke is dropped? Because that’s the context of my comment. Someone was telling me why there’s no chance Putin would do so because of how upset the Chinese would be. Is that how you feel?

If Putin gets nukey even china will sanction them so fast their head will spin. 

• Hook 'Em 2

OK, I get the no fly zone participation red line.  But a couple of things- Putin has already said sanctions are tantamount to a declaration of war.  Second, he knows his bumbling buffoon army would be chopped liver in an actual conflict.  So playing it out, we (NATO) imposes a no fly zone.  Russian planes are shot down by NATO planes because you know Putin immediately puts it to the test.  Putin declares war on who, all of NATO?  And then what?  Do we really think he’s ready to push the button over that?  Because that’s the only way he stays in the game, and no way he ends the world over his ego.  Of course, if I’ve miscalculated, well…

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

OK, I get the no fly zone participation red line.  But a couple of things- Putin has already said sanctions are tantamount to a declaration of war.  Second, he knows his bumbling buffoon army would be chopped liver in an actual conflict.  So playing it out, we (NATO) imposes a no fly zone.  Russian planes are shot down by NATO planes because you know Putin immediately puts it to the test.  Putin declares war on who, all of NATO?  And then what?  Do we really think he’s ready to push the button over that?  Because that’s the only way he stays in the game, and no way he ends the world over his ego.  Of course, if I’ve miscalculated, well…

He's daring the world to fuck around and find out, I'm betting he's serious.

I get with the idea of his language leaving us wondering why we don't just move on him.   The only way I think we could do this is if, there is world or NATO unanimous feeling we have no choice but to preemptively strike, which I think is unlikely.  Additionally, I would think that in order to act preemptively the world or NATO would have to be convinced we could destroy or disable his entire nuclear arsenal simultaneously.  I doubt we could do it, but maybe we can.  

Our best course, at least right now, is to play the long game and choke him out economically.  It sucks for the Ukrainians, I get it.  I'm all for doing anything to help them short of provoking a shooting war between NATO and the US.  

• Hook 'Em 1