Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

18 minutes ago, Teddyballgame said:

Hope you are right. We will see if they stand up. Not very optimistic and. Did not say that without realizing the general population has significant obstacles but a some point the people have to stand up and force change

It's a matter of how hard the economic aspect is going to hammer their society. It's one thing to lose Starbucks,  Big Macs and iPhones. 

It's another to stand in line for, or only be able to afford, a little bread and a little meat and watch your kids or elders starving.

And at what point does he start heavily calling up the reserves and/or conscripting more people, even after the conscripts/contracts are facing stop-loss as we speak?

I'm curious what Russian society's breaking point will be, especially with social media in play.

30 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Hey fellas my older daughter and sort of niece (actual family, not a euphemism for sugar baby) are in college in Scotland and my only blood family left otherwise is in Central France. 
Sure, far from the action. But I’m terrified of being an old man with kids facing a world at war that I can’t protect them from.

thanks for listening, pray for peace.

Your daughter is sort of your niece? Insert Ferris Bueller principal...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Auto Driller said:

Why are autocrats always so sensitive?

Because there is almost always a younger version of themselves floating somewhere around, waiting to work their way up to the top just like they did.

In this case, Putin has really opened himself up to it.

Maybe someday we will hear who was on those weird flights that concerned Siberia and the four private flights to Dubai.

Edited by atomheartbevo

So Rob Lee and some of the others on twitter are posting the various death notices from the Russian websites.

A lot of these are lagged - occurring in late February/early March, and the Russian government claimed that only 498 are dead (and you can go to jail in Russia if you claim anything more than the official number of deaths).

I'm wondering if some people in Russia are compiling lists of those death notices and figuring out a more accurate toll than what the government is saying.

"Only one military force in the world can save Putin from utter humiliation now: NATO, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. NATO intervention in Russia’s war on Ukraine could halt that country’s barbarous attacks. But it would mean war between Putin’s regime and the West, and this war would be such a gift to Putin that we should expect that he will soon do everything he can to provoke it.

The U.S. and Europe should resist such provocations."

• Rage+1 1

And by the way, from the rally, it was mentioned earlier I think, or at least a video was posted, 

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-kyiv-united-nations-europe-antony-blinken-c3310a12490a0cf2e06f5f389e22e3a6

Moscow police said more than 200,000 people were in and around the Luzhniki stadium. The event included patriotic songs, including a performance of “Made in the U.S.S.R.,” with the opening lines “Ukraine and Crimea, Belarus and Moldova, it’s all my country.”

Moldova has to have puckered up a bit.

Flip side to that - Russia has to take Western Ukraine to have a shot at Moldova, because they sure as hell don't have the naval capability to do it all by sea, and they can't fly through Romanian airspace.

This is interesting - talking about the PR/propaganda war being waged, and how the Russian propaganda may not be aimed at the West, but instead BRICS.

Implications include that Russia really did think this would be over quick, and when it bogged down, they began getting the social media machinery to really churning, hence the 6-7 day delay.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Because there is almost always a younger version of themselves floating somewhere around, waiting to work their way up to the top just like they did.

In this case, Putin has really opened himself up to it.

Maybe someday we will hear who was on those weird flights that concerned Siberia and the four private flights to Dubai.

Keep in mind the Dubai flights may have been parking the oligarchs' rides to keep them captive in RU.

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is interesting - talking about the PR/propaganda war being waged, and how the Russian propaganda may not be aimed at the West, but instead BRICS.

Implications include that Russia really did think this would be over quick, and when it bogged down, they began getting the social media machinery to really churning, hence the 6-7 day delay.

This is really interesting.  Their appeal to China, and India makes some sense to me (targeting countries with strongmen).  Of course they are going to target their own people, so nothing surprising there.  South Africa and Brazil seem almost baffling to me.  I suppose Brazil because they have a strongman leader?  I suppose South Africa and Brazil because they are both newish emerging economic powers?  The problem with that, at least to me is, is that Russia is neither emerging (centuries old albeit with different eras of governmental type) nor are they really an economic power, and certainly not emerging.  Why would they think that could be relatable to those two countries?

Anybody want to take a guess as to why the Russian Cosmonauts showed up to the ISS wearing these outfits?  They claim they just had a lot of yellow fabric and needed to use it up.

6wn5uearw7o81.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Obviously the suits were created in advance of the invasion (probably), and somebody said all three went to the same university and it was the school colors, but I would argue that they would have been ordered to wear other uniforms given what's going on.  

It's interesting.  Putin has probably made a phone call or two over it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Anybody want to take a guess as to why the Russian Cosmonauts showed up to the ISS wearing these outfits?  They claim they just had a lot of yellow fabric and needed to use it up.

6wn5uearw7o81.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Obviously the suits were created in advance of the invasion (probably), and somebody said all three went to the same university and it was the school colors, but I would argue that they would have been ordered to wear other uniforms given what's going on.  

It's interesting.  Putin has probably made a phone call or two over it.

Nothing quite like teabagging Putin from orbit.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've met a lot of foreign spec ops guys before.  The Brits are super professional.  Ours are very cold and calculated.  But my favorites were Aussies.  They just some fucking wire loose in their brain.  They drove a golf cart off the side of the pier one night just because someone said I bet you wouldn't do it.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

I've met a lot of foreign spec ops guys before.  The Brits are super professional.  Ours are very cold and calculated.  But my favorites were Aussies.  They just some fucking wire loose in their brain.  They drove a golf cart off the side of the pier one night just because someone said I bet you wouldn't do it.  

Have to agree. I worked in close proximity (same PRT) with Aussies and they were always ready to go do some shit. However had a group in Helmand from Norway. Brits told me they would not come and support our teams. Norwegian gives me his mobile number and says " we will." Ended up giving him 10 cases of Tiger beer and throwing a bbq at our house for him and the senior NCO's. Well worth it.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3