Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

50 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Did you get this from a MacGyver episode?

Actually, I was there at the WSMR SMR for the initial testing.

This was in mid '94 to late '95.

The missile FUCKED UP the tanks we fired at (once we got the issues worked out).

Anyone in the tank died a quick death though.  First thing was an overpressure of about (large number) atmospheres.  Soooo...you basically got crushed to death in a few milliseconds.  So, you didn't have to suffer from the next thing, which was the high temps that came from that and would have incinerated you.

And, hopefully, not much of your BBQed body got sucked out the exit hole when the pressure dropped.

NASTY shit.

Edited by Ag with kids
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I can’t help but notice that the claimed 500+ prisoners taken is really low compared to the claimed 12,000+ Russians killed.  It seems the Ukrainians may not be too eager to take prisoners.

I think of Col. Reed in "The Hurt Locker" regarding the enemy combatant who could be treated for wounds and imprisoned.

"He's not gonna make it."  

They should really start accumulating as many POWs as possible as bargaining chips, particularly officers.  But should they also accidentally be placed as human shields near high value targets within Ukraine's borders...then I suppose I'll help one day protest the teaching of Critical Russian Theory in Kyiv textbooks.  In 1943, the Nazis took an alarmingly low percentage of Russian combatants as prisoners of war.  Obviously there were killed somewhere near the front and buried or burned.  The Ukrainians seem to be following this same ratio of Kaught/Kaptured/KIA.  They're not evil, they're not Nazis, I suspect they are literally being activated as defenders in an area with a blown-up nursery school.  After that, humanitarian treatment of surrendered invaders may not be a priority.  I can't imagine what seeing the destruction of a modern city in 2022 must look like.  Were there only to be a dozen Russian POW's with 6 limbs among them...after all this is done, nobody will say a fucking thing.  And those men will return home, not as heroes, but as a warning.  

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I think of Col. Reed in "The Hurt Locker" regarding the enemy combatant who could be treated for wounds and imprisoned.

"He's not gonna make it."  

They should really start accumulating as many POWs as possible as bargaining chips, particularly officers.  But should they also accidentally be placed as human shields near high value targets within Ukraine's borders...then I suppose I'll help one day protest the teaching of Critical Russian Theory in Kyiv textbooks.  In 1943, the Nazis took an alarmingly low percentage of Russian combatants as prisoners of war.  Obviously there were killed somewhere near the front and buried or burned.  The Ukrainians seem to be following this same ratio of Kaught/Kaptured/KIA.  They're not evil, they're not Nazis, I suspect they are literally being activated as defenders in an area with a blown-up nursery school.  After that, humanitarian treatment of surrendered invaders may not be a priority.  I can't imagine what seeing the destruction of a modern city in 2022 must look like.  Were there only to be a dozen Russian POW's with 6 limbs among them...after all this is done, nobody will say a fucking thing.  And those men will return home, not as heroes, but as a warning.  

I assume it's not a war crime to house POWs and a weapons depo in the same building?

6 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I assume it's not a war crime to house POWs and a weapons depo in the same building?

It's like I told the investigator at the Hague when he asked us if we'd ever been convicted of a war crime.  

"Convicted?  No.  Never convicted.  But we are willing to learn."  

And the fireworks will be fucking amazing.

3 hours ago, freyguy said:

so, help me...where's the line in all this? 

Illegal invasion?  No.

Murdering civilians as they escape?  No.

Bombing pregnant women and babies?  Apparently not.

Now relocating Ukranian people to "camps"?

Is the general public of the European countries and U.S. not pulling the govt hard enough?

Kidnapping Ukrainians and taking them into Russia is fucking....Nazi-esque for sure.  Every accusation is a confession.

But I'm more concerned that they are going to be used as human shields somewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

I can’t help but notice that the claimed 500+ prisoners taken is really low compared to the claimed 12,000+ Russians killed.  It seems the Ukrainians may not be too eager to take prisoners.

That and the Javelins, etc., do not leave much room for survival.

I'm still iffy on the 10,000+ being killed, as I think wounded have to be included in that number, but then if it was only 5,000 killed, that should be over 15,000 wounded easily.

But I'm leaning towards a lot of Ukrainians not being in the mood to take prisoners.

They really don't know how to do amphibious landings, and they don't have the manpower to go after another major city.

Wonder if the foreign fighters thing was just bullshit propaganda to either scare Ukraine, or to make Russia look like it still had friends.

Edited by atomheartbevo

21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They really don't know how to do amphibious landings, and they don't have the manpower to go after another major city.

Wonder if the foreign fighters thing was just bullshit propaganda to either scare Ukraine, or to make Russia look like it still had friends.

Yes

Me likey... https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/florida-gun-manufacturer-donates-200-000-worth-of-rifles-to-ukrainian-forces

Florida gun manufacturer donates $200,000 worth of rifles to Ukrainian forces

March 19, 2022 02:54 PM

A weapons manufacturing plant in Florida is donating an abandoned order of rifles worth $200,000 to Ukraine.

When Keltec, based in Cocoa, Florida, received an order for 400 9mm carbine rifles from a client in Odesa, Ukraine, the gun manufacturer got to work completing the bureaucratic process of sending the weapons. By the time those steps were cleared last month, Odesa was under siege, and the client was unreachable, prompting the store owner to send the abandoned weapons to the Ukrainian military.This is just right to get them over there so they do what they were designed to do — defend their home and state," Industrial Production Director Adrian Kellgren said Friday.

The company said in a Friday Facebook post that it didn't intend to announce the donation, but the media picked up on the story via its filing to the Justice Department to be registered as foreign agents to facilitate the shipment reaching Ukraine's army.

Other registrants from the filing included the Ukrainian Embassy's First Secretary Volodymyr Muzylov and real estate lawyer Lukas Jan Kaczmarek, who claimed in the document to have volunteered to assist the Ukrainian-American Bar Association since Russia invaded on Feb. 24.

"On March 3, 2022, I was approached by one of the volunteers inquiring as to whether I could assist Adrian Kellgren, Director of Industrial Production at Kel-Tech CNC Industries, with an expedited export license for a batch of small arms that could no longer be delivered to its intended recipient in Odessa," Kaczmarek wrote.

With Muzylov's help, Kaczmarek, who said he would refuse any monetary compensation for his assistance, got Kellgren the license in a record four days. The process is known to take several months.

The guns will arrive at an unknown NATO country before arriving in Ukraine, where Ukrainian armed forces can use them as needed.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Correction; He's the chief political officer of the black sea fleet. He is not the Vice-Admiral.

18 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Did he slip on some tea?

Chief political officer.  The guys who inform on soldiers/sailors/marines who are not loyal enough to Putin.  The guys in the Soviet Union who would have executed those who weren't willing enough to die.

Definitely fratricide.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Me likey... https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/florida-gun-manufacturer-donates-200-000-worth-of-rifles-to-ukrainian-forces

A weapons manufacturing plant in Florida is donating an abandoned order of rifles worth $200,000 to Ukraine.

When Keltec, based in Cocoa, Florida, received an order for 400 9mm carbine rifles from a client in Odesa, Ukraine, the gun manufacturer got to work completing the bureaucratic process of sending the weapons. By the time those steps were cleared last month, Odesa was under siege, and the client was unreachable, prompting the store owner to send the abandoned weapons to the Ukrainian military.This is just right to get them over there so they do what they were designed to do — defend their home and state," Industrial Production Director Adrian Kellgren said Friday.

The company said in a Friday Facebook post that it didn't intend to announce the donation, but the media picked up on the story via its filing to the Justice Department to be registered as foreign agents to facilitate the shipment reaching Ukraine's army.

Other registrants from the filing included the Ukrainian Embassy's First Secretary Volodymyr Muzylov and real estate lawyer Lukas Jan Kaczmarek, who claimed in the document to have volunteered to assist the Ukrainian-American Bar Association since Russia invaded on Feb. 24.

"On March 3, 2022, I was approached by one of the volunteers inquiring as to whether I could assist Adrian Kellgren, Director of Industrial Production at Kel-Tech CNC Industries, with an expedited export license for a batch of small arms that could no longer be delivered to its intended recipient in Odessa," Kaczmarek wrote.

With Muzylov's help, Kaczmarek, who said he would refuse any monetary compensation for his assistance, got Kellgren the license in a record four days. The process is known to take several months.

The guns will arrive at an unknown NATO country before arriving in Ukraine, where Ukrainian armed forces can use them as needed.

And thousands of American gun owners say, for the first time in their lives, "Keltec is awesome!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

The guns will arrive at an unknown NATO country before arriving in Ukraine, where Ukrainian armed forces can use them as needed

Might be legit but the Justice Department doesn’t register arms exporters, the State Department does.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

49 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

The Russian T-80UM2 with the Drozd active protection system was destroyed. Interestingly, this is an experimental tank from the reserves of research institutes. Well, what can I say, your prodigy doesn't work.

So the active protection system itself looks intact, but the tank is destroyed.  

Aggy engineering?

14 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

f keltec, the company and product are garbage 

Their tiny P32 is a good shooter if someone prefers a pistol smaller than an LCP.

Having said that, I traded mine towards a Super Blackhawk.

BB491D00-8083-4240-8714-316E80A1FC8F.jpeg

C4FBD4DC-0848-48DE-8B2E-71F15E4BED02.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat