Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, and it feels like we haven't even seen the full potential of drones yet.  The fact that the Ukrainians are dropping off-the-shelf anti-tank grenades on trucks from off-the-shelf drones, and knocking the trucks out at night before the Russians even realize what's happening is huge.  

And cheaply scouting out the Russians without exposing humans, and using off-the-shelf drones that are easily replaceable is a game changer.  And they are using infrared/nightvision gear with the drones as well, so they are able to track the Russians 24/7.  There won't be much, if any lag in tracking Russian forces.

We are coming up on the mud drying up and allowing the Russians to get away from the main roads, but with things like the drones, and the Russians not being able to do proper command & control even when they are on centralized routes/roads, I don't think it will matter much.  It may even benefit the Ukrainians, who won't have to operate near the major roads as much, and worry about being spotted.

And with how heavily the Russians really on a top-heavy command structure, I am guessing we are going to see an escalation in losses in the command staff. Almost unlimited real-time scouting with small hunter groups against a force that by doctrine has their officers lead from the front and you have a recipe for catastrophic losses in the command structure.

In reference to the post about the tank regiment being destroyed, that could be anywhere from 40-90 tanks - there's a lot of talk that Russian units are way understaffed, and that at this point, any group that big near Kyiv would have already lost multiple tanks (destroyed by missiles, out of fuel and captured, etc.)  to begin with.

Yeah, and it feels like we haven't even seen the full potential of drones yet.  The fact that the Ukrainians are dropping off-the-shelf anti-tank grenades on trucks from off-the-shelf drones, and knocking the trucks out at night before the Russians even realize what's happening is huge.  
And cheaply scouting out the Russians without exposing humans, and using off-the-shelf drones that are easily replaceable is a game changer.  And they are using infrared/nightvision gear with the drones as well, so they are able to track the Russians 24/7.  There won't be much, if any lag in tracking Russian forces.
We are coming up on the mud drying up and allowing the Russians to get away from the main roads, but with things like the drones, and the Russians not being able to do proper command & control even when they are on centralized routes/roads, I don't think it will matter much.  It may even benefit the Ukrainians, who won't have to operate near the major roads as much, and worry about being spotted.

Just read it is only the beginning of mud season and to expect at least a another month of it.

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

What keeps the Ukrainians from forming up squads of 3 anti air, 6 anti tank, and 3 drone/spotters and blanketing the countryside? 

I get that they don’t yet have the number of handheld antitank and antiair yet to do this with 50k troops, but even 1200 would give them 100 squads that in essence could cover 1-400 sq miles as an initial blanket…

My guess is they already are doing something similar, but as more weapons make it to the front, you are going to see a literal blanket of squad level hunter groups looking to pick off 1-2 aircraft at a time or 4-6 vehicles, blanketing the country side…

The inability to keep infantry on the battlefield close to their vehicles makes all of this possible. There is nothing on the ground and so these hunter groups can just fill in these wide open empty spaces in the Russian advance. And in truth, it is not like the Ukrainians would be terribly upset if they lost a dozen squads built this way. The risk and assets deployed by them vs the likelihood of them taking out vehicles or air assets plus what it would take from a coordinated effort by Russian high command to go after them is worth the price.

They've been playing small ball since the beginning.  It would be a completely different story if Russia would have shown up a month early.  The muddy ground is forcing the convoys to stay in a single file.  That's what is making it bad for Russia.  If they had frozen ground to roll across they wouldn't be sitting ducks.  The hit and run attacks get more dangerous if you try to advance deeper into that convoy territory.  Laying out in the countryside will only work if you let the convoy roll right past you and sit and wait.  But with that you have no where to retreat to after you popped off a few shots.  That's a big risk that the Ukranians shouldn't take.  

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

A Russian tank with no gas isn't even a shitty artillery piece, since the turret can't turn and the auto-loader won't work.  It's just target practice for Javelins or NLAWs at that point.

save those expensive munitions. Very easy to disable those lifeless tanks 

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It'd suck to be an alien trying to land a UFO in Ukraine right now.

Edited by RDCanecutter
I ost my L key

There were several explosions in Kyiv

Doctors, rescuers and police are working on the spot. Information on affected citizens and damaged homes is being clarified. - Kyiv Patrol Police

The artillery position of BM-21 "Hail", support trucks "Ural" and KShM on the basis of MT-LB of the RF Armed Forces in Kyiv region on March 20, 2022 was destroyed.

Oh, that's a good trophy. 🔥

Helmets used by orcs. Helmet of the Red Army 1943.

Fresh video of the destruction of racists from the General Staff.

128 separate mountain assault brigade took the trophy, the Ural TK6A-001 military truck. The brand new power tractor will serve the Armed Forces of Ukraine

Nice that they hacked VK.

And even if they killed/took out half these numbers:

Ukraine's military: 170 Russian troops killed in Donbas on March 20. Ukrainian troops have destroyed 12 Russian tanks, nine infantry fighting vehicles, three vehicles, a Su-34 jet, and a helicopter on the front lines in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts alone on Sunday.

That's unsustainable for the Russian military.  If it's only 85 killed, that's still an easy 250+ that were probably wounded.

50 minutes ago, Constant said:

29 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Otherwise we openly admit we have and will continue to commit genocide.

These demands are them openly admitting that they can't take and hold the whole city.

And there is no way in hell they will let any military-aged men/soldiers who lay down their arms, leave the city.  None whatsoever.  Those guys are going into camps and/or being taken to Russia (or shot in a ditch somewhere).

5 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

The drones make this even more interesting because now you are "risking" the drones to scout and then can push your hunters from them at a local basis with no need for a centralized reporting structure.  3 dudes with 3 drones can provide a full 360 view of a localized battlefield without having to put the men at risk. Once target acquisition happens, then the men have to be within a mile of the target to knock it out..

This is a timely video.   We have these in the US military (and have had for a long time, I think they were using early UAVs to target for the battleship(s) in the first Gulf War). What we have is obviously more fancy/integrated, but this could be close to off-the-shelf, and as long as they know the terrain/have solid landmarks, even a cheap little UAV could be used.

Edited by atomheartbevo

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This will probably pan out as well as the Syrians and Chechens.  And Libyans are probably not going to do well in cold weather and mud.

Putin is fucking desperate though, trying to keep from digging into his reserves or speeding up the conscript process.

They aren't a part of NATO or even a former Warsaw Pact country. All of these countries that Pussy-assed Putin has to call upon to defeat Lil' Ol' Ukraine we should just turn to glass for even thinking about it. The old "let them duke it out, but if you jump in, we all jump in." This is a two way street. How humiliating that you have to plead with Belarus, Syria, and Libya to send troops to finish a job that you are too inept, and chickenshit to accomplish yourselves.

Let Israel wipe out Libya, and Syria. Let Sweden and Finland take out Belarus. You still haven't attacked Russia. I would put this on the table, and make their country's leaders walk back their commitments.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

They've been playing small ball since the beginning.  It would be a completely different story if Russia would have shown up a month early.  The muddy ground is forcing the convoys to stay in a single file.  That's what is making it bad for Russia.  If they had frozen ground to roll across they wouldn't be sitting ducks.  The hit and run attacks get more dangerous if you try to advance deeper into that convoy territory.  Laying out in the countryside will only work if you let the convoy roll right past you and sit and wait.  But with that you have no where to retreat to after you popped off a few shots.  That's a big risk that the Ukranians shouldn't take.  

There is no present infantry accompaniment to make them pay.

14 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

They aren't a part of NATO or even a former Warsaw Pact country. All of these countries that Pussy-assed Putin has to call upon to defeat Lil' Ol' Ukraine we should just turn to glass for even thinking about it. The old "let them duke it out, but if you jump in, we all jump in." This is a two way street. How humiliating that you have to plead with Belarus, Syria, and Libya to send troops to finish a job that you are too inept, and chickenshit to accomplish yourselves.

Let Israel wipe out Libya, and Syria. Let Sweden and Finland take out Belarus. You still haven't attacked Russia. I would put this on the table, and make their country's leaders walk back their commitments.

CHIEF

this is psycho talk. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

There is no present infantry accompaniment to make them pay.

Yeah, I can't imaging Russian tanks rolling around away from the roads surviving too long without Russian infantry supporting them.  And so far, the infantry that is around doesn't seem to be doing a good job of supporting them as it is.

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

this is psycho talk. 

Not glass in the real sense, but shoot down any flights that leave those countries headed towards Russia, lending mercenary or equipment support in the promise of commitment. Just enough to make the commitment not worth it. Is that better? That's really what I meant.

CHIEF

2 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

Not glass in the real sense, but shoot down any flights that leave those countries headed towards Russia, lending mercenary or equipment support in the promise of commitment. Just enough to make the commitment not worth it. Is that better? That's really what I meant.

CHIEF

Thank God you and I are not in charge of shit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

How humiliating that you have to plead with Belarus, Syria, and Libya to send troops to finish a job that you are too inept, and chickenshit to accomplish yourselves.

As long as mercenaries are in play, I’ve heard that there are a few guys in Afghanistan that are tenacious as hell; have experience in kicking Russian ass; and just might be available to help the Ukrainians—for the right price, of course.🙂

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I've thought about this too but the moment Ukrainians start taking the war into Belarus or Russia, they lose leverage.  Putin WANTS them to do something outside their borders.

It would be pretty funny if Ukraine ends up annexing territories formerly of Russia though.
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

25 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

If Belarus invades, I feel like it would be fair game for Poland to step in and wipe them out.

Some of y'all are just bound and determined to turn this into WW3.

And even with NATO hardware, and the fact they are essentially a Third World country, the Belarussians hate the Poles enough to ensure another bloodbath.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Some of y'all are just bound and determined to turn this into WW3.
And even with NATO hardware, and the fact they are essentially a Third World country, the Belarussians hate the Poles enough to ensure another bloodbath.

Seriously. The continued lust for a huge escalation of the conflict from a vocal minority is wild. And stupid, but that’s kind of secondary.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Seriously. The continued lust for a huge escalation of the conflict from a vocal minority is wild. And stupid, but that’s kind of secondary.

UT football over the last 10 years has really messed with the minds of some folks and now they are ready to take us into a nuclear war.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Expecting various non-NATO countries to 1-on-1 the few Russian merc allies is pure fantasy. But I wonder if some NATO military exercises in Poland on the Belarusian side might help tie up their forces. Lukashenko has been waffling since the start about committing his troops but they have been a lingering threat as another invasion front. While I don't think we would actually do anything in Belarus just being there could give Luka enough of a pucker factor to keep him on the sideline.

• Hook 'Em 1