Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Ukrainian warrior and trophy TOC-1A

Our artillery clears the fields of enemy equipment every day. No one goes unnoticed.

Rashists bombed hospital in Bashtanka in the Nikolaev area, - the chairman of a regional council on humanitarian questions Anna Zamazeeva.

Dialysis department and reception department destroyed, operating room - without double-glazed windows. No one was killed.

For the past 24hrs, two Russian UAVs "Horizon Air S-100" and "Orlan-10" were shot down by air defense units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

I talked with captured students from Donbass, who were forcibly mobilized into the "army of the DPR". They were sent straight to the front without any preparation. Some died, some simply surrendered without a fight.

A clear example of how Russia treats Donbass and its inhabitants
y

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Deej said:

That Victory Day parade would be a good time for Ukraine to fuck some shit up.

assuming none of the civilians are paraded out front of the Russian attendees,

it would be a shame if 500 donated cruise missiles all happen to be shot from Lyiv that morning targeting the center of the festivities.......

I’m not a military strategist but there is no way Russia parades military vehicles and weapons in a war zone, even if they control the city, right? Seems pretty dumb when you don’t control the air space. 

And even if they were set on doing it as some sort of macho “you can’t do anything about it” gesture, they wouldn’t tell the world weeks in advance - right? I mean what the fuck

4 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I’m not a military strategist but there is no way Russia parades military vehicles and weapons in a war zone, even if they control the city, right? Seems pretty dumb when you don’t control the air space. 

And even if they were set on doing it as some sort of macho “you can’t do anything about it” gesture, they wouldn’t tell the world weeks in advance - right? I mean what the fuck

they've got all their rotten eggs in one basket.

time for operation kino.

IB-9.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

Ukrainian artillery hits cadaverites trench

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/u7t4z8/ukrainian_artillery_hits_cadaverites_trench/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

^Love me a good Pun

Ukrainian priests under the Moscow Patriarchate are pushing for a tribunal to excommunicate Patriarch Kirill and to declare his 'Russian World' doctrine a heresy

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/u7vwis/ukrainian_priests_under_the_moscow_patriarchate/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Better late than never: Israel will supply Ukraine with helmets and combat vests 🇮🇱🇺🇦

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/u7wh8f/better_late_than_never_israel_will_supply_ukraine/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Chechens are acting as 'Barrier troops' killing RF soldiers on the verge of mutiny in SE Ukraine

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/u7ywae/chechens_are_acting_as_barrier_troops_killing_rf/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

From Ukrainian sources, so grain of salt but if it's even close then it is insane to lose over 70% of APCs and over half your staged Tanks, Helicopters, and Aircraft

ts646w184pu81.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Ukrainian artillery hits cadaverites trench

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/u7t4z8/ukrainian_artillery_hits_cadaverites_trench/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

^Love me a good Pun

Ukrainian priests under the Moscow Patriarchate are pushing for a tribunal to excommunicate Patriarch Kirill and to declare his 'Russian World' doctrine a heresy

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/u7vwis/ukrainian_priests_under_the_moscow_patriarchate/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Better late than never: Israel will supply Ukraine with helmets and combat vests 🇮🇱🇺🇦

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/u7wh8f/better_late_than_never_israel_will_supply_ukraine/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Chechens are acting as 'Barrier troops' killing RF soldiers on the verge of mutiny in SE Ukraine

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/u7ywae/chechens_are_acting_as_barrier_troops_killing_rf/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

From Ukrainian sources, so grain of salt but if it's even close then it is insane to lose over 70% of APCs and over half your staged Tanks, Helicopters, and Aircraft

ts646w184pu81.png

From the Euromaidan Press website, here is the same data on a daily basis ...

image.png.771ed88f0d9490049aa12de386ef2db8.pngimage.png.8c563d87588ac62b14b24c8b84a9f479.pngimage.png.0d278fbf0d0f2d16a7bdfa62c52f9a91.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

How do UAVs get integrated throughout the military?  Are the bigger ones (Predator) strictly for the AF, but the smaller ones get integrated into artillery, infantry, special forces and to some extent the Navy/Coast Guard?
AF uses bigger ones for ISR (RQ-4, 170, 180 etc) and even a large framed RPA (remotely piloted vehicle) for attacks such as the MQ-9 which came after the now-retired MQ-1. While the AF has other RPAs in their arsenal these are the more common ones.

The army like to use more agile UAVs (switchblade) that are backpacks style for urban style encounters. The drone and its associated use are largely dependent on where and what it's being used for. The army uses them as a lead scout so to speak and the AF uses theirs as more of a cheaper attack/ISR alternative to putting up fighters or a U-2.
  • Hook 'Em 3

All branches use drones of varying types and design.  I believe you are correct that the AF uses the larger, higher altitude endurance types, but they all have them.  Even the Coasties have their own that they use.  Heard the AF is even looking at massive, remote operated "tanker" drones.  In terms of dedicated pilots, I'd think the AF has the most pilots.  
The Navy has one (MQ-25) that it flew a few years ago. Right now I think there are only like 4 in their inventory with the end goal of having around 70ish. The AF is testing one but after the debacle that is the KC-46 and money wrapped up in the JSF not sure where an aerial tanker RPA lies on the wish list.
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Nivek said:

How do UAVs get integrated throughout the military?  Are the bigger ones (Predator) strictly for the AF, but the smaller ones get integrated into artillery, infantry, special forces and to some extent the Navy/Coast Guard?

We launched a UAV out of our Trash Disposal Unit on Our sub back on 2008.  And then we launched another one off the deck of the boat.  They have gone leaps and bounds on it since.  UUVs are going to be the next big thing especially when they end up sinking a carrier

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

The AF is testing one but after the debacle that is the KC-46 and money wrapped up in the JSF not sure where an aerial tanker RPA lies on the wish list.

Solution in search of a problem?  Do we have a shortage of tanker pilots.....;)

• Like 1

Solution in search of a problem?  Do we have a shortage of tanker pilots.....wink.png
Right, but overall we have a shortage of pilots, and throwing 6 figures at people isn't the answer. Folks are just tired of the BS and leaving in droves to the airlines/UPS for more money and fewer additional duties.
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

Right, but overall we have a shortage of pilots, and throwing 6 figures at people isn't the answer. Folks are just tired of the BS and leaving in droves to the airlines/UPS for more money and fewer additional duties.

Yep.  When I was @ SWA, they'd bring in close to a 100 pilots at a time and stress them to the max as a vetting process to get them hired.  Always wondered where so many come from?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

All branches use drones of varying types and design.  I believe you are correct that the AF uses the larger, higher altitude endurance types, but they all have them.  Even the Coasties have their own that they use.  Heard the AF is even looking at massive, remote operated "tanker" drones.  In terms of dedicated pilots, I'd think the AF has the most pilots.  

Predators are now going to the Marines

AF and Navy both have High Altitude and Long Range Long Loiter UAVs like Global Hawk/Triton

Navy, Army, USCG and Marines also have have some highly portable ones for smaller units.

The Navy has refueling tanker drones like the MQ-25 Stingray.  The AF needs to follow suit.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Navy, Army, USCG and Marines also have have some highly portable ones for smaller units.

And they are extremely capable UAVs, including precise targeting for artillery, aircraft, rockets, etc.  In the case of artillery, they are far more capable than your typical FISTers (although FISTers now have a new name 🙁).

Someone very happy, finally, with red bull 🥹

Representatives 
@redbull
 Ukraine came to me, said that they had read my tweet that I wanted a red bull and they would not deliver it to me, so they sent me a couple of packs

Well, top 💔
 Thank you 🤟🏻

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1