Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

If they are targeting Lviv this hard, they must be really feeling the Western supplies.   Should have been doing this from the start.

Meanwhile, interesting thread about Google opening up satellite photos

Those Kaliber missiles that hit Lviv are sea-launched and capable of carrying a thermonuclear warhead.  My bet is that they are not just attacking Lviv, they are communicating with anyone inclined to wonder if they really can launch a nuke successfully. 

Those Kaliber missiles that hit Lviv are sea-launched and capable of carrying a thermonuclear warhead.  My bet is that they are not just attacking Lviv, they are communicating with anyone inclined to wonder if they really can launch a nuke successfully. 

So their INSIDE this thread, is what you’re saying?!?

Duly noted.
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Agree. Same reason their Blackjacks flew in formation yesterday. Trying to show they still have some real power. 

• Like 1

I see Russia's plan to take/hold southeastern Ukraine as fairly solid. It's closer to Russian supply chains and the opposite for Ukraine. It's also an area that Ukraine didn't have a good handle on before all of this anyway.  Not to mention that Russia is always willing to throw bodies at a military problem.

• Hook 'Em 3

The battle will be very different from the advance on Kyiv. Russian units at the beginning of the war were not ready or supplied for heavy fighting. Now the Russians appreciate what they are up against and with only two axes to support can concentrate their supplies. Russian air defences have good coverage over the Donbas and they will likely be able to bring significant air power to bear. Combined with their advantage in artillery, and the fact that the fighting will be in the countryside rather than into urban centres, Ukrainian troops will need to manoeuvre to survive.

At the same time the Russians face a serious challenge. Ukrainian forces in the JFO comprise some of the country’s most professional and best-motivated units. The Russians have an advantage in firepower but will be fighting at close to numerical parity. If their plan is to encircle the JFO they will need to defend the cordon from both sides, and while Russian soldiers are now better prepared, morale remains a problem in many Russian units.

19 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Hey Vlad, why are Navy captains dying in land combat?

15 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

So ship Captains DO NOT make good infantry men? Who would have thought?

10 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This really is back to the future. The Soviets threw ships crews into land combat in World War II with no training.  

4 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

In Soviet Russia, all seamen leave the vessel

All the boats have been sunk or they fear "spontaneous" fires in ammunition cargo hold.  Sailors are probably safer on land.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I suspect this phase of the war is going to be a genuine slog, without dramatic gains in territory by either side.  Just brutal damn-near static warfare, costing a lot in lives, equipment, and infrastructure.  Because war fucking sucks.

World War I, part 2 - now with drones!

11 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

I guess I should know the word, defilades. The strategy makes sense, but for how many years? At some point, it seems that Ukraine needs to drive out Russia. Otherwise, NATO politicians and the public are going to get bored and go on to the next big catastrophe.

18 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

World War I, part 2 - now with drones!

We need the missile/air defense stuff moved up.   And if we can bloody some Russian fighter/bomber noses and get some relief, then a Ukrainian napalm run on troop concentrations with anything that will fly. 

• Hook 'Em 1