Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I really, really like this Tweet thread about Germany and how it behaves and thinks about Central and Eastern Europe.

I don't want to be insulting but I think this is a bad take.

Germany’s play here is $.

Its that simplest answer is usually the right one.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This guy is a self-admitted tank sympathizer.  (You can find clips of him defending Sherman.)  Still though, he makes good points.  Among others:

1) You're putting an early 80's tank against 21st century missiles.  Put a 2022 model Abrams/Challenger/Merkava/etc. out there and things change.

2) Russia needs better tactics.  Infantry, combined arms, fire and maneuver, etc.  

3) Until there's a substitute for the tank, we will always field tanks, and keep working to counter what kills them.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I've sent money to WCK. Probably will again.

Wife mentioned yesterday that a WCK site got shelled. Hadn’t seen anything about that on this thread.  Obviously it must be a Ukrainian site, but which one?

post script:  it annoys me to no end that since I don’t have a Twitter account, if I scroll down to any linked tweet to read replies it jumps to a prompt to register, not letting me read further.  

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

I don't want to be insulting but I think this is a bad take.

Germany’s play here is $.

Its that simplest answer is usually the right one.

I think that the thread makes two valid points.  First, the German "imperial" thinking isn't the reason for their stance, but it is the basic, background worldview from which their reasoning begins.  They have viewed Eastern Europeans as being less competent for so long that it is ingrained into the German psyche much as the US views Mexico and Latin America.  The economic considerations are informed and supported by this background belief.  It makes German inaction more palatable to the German leaders and people.

Second, it is a very good window into how Eastern Europeans see the German mind and reasoning.  The conquered see the imperial in a much different way than the imperial see themselves, usually in ways that are difficult for the imperial to reconcile with their self-image.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I think that the thread makes two valid points.  First, the German "imperial" thinking isn't the reason for their stance, but it is the basic, background worldview from which their reasoning begins.  They have viewed Eastern Europeans as being less competent for so long that it is ingrained into the German psyche much as the US views Mexico and Latin America.  The economic considerations are informed and supported by this background belief.  It makes German inaction more palatable to the German leaders and people.

Second, it is a very good window into how Eastern Europeans see the German mind and reasoning.  The conquered see the imperial in a much different way than the imperial see themselves, usually in ways that are difficult for the imperial to reconcile with their self-image.  

Fair points.

The tone and treatment they extend to their Central European partners versus how they have talked to and treated Russians is also all out of whack with economics as well.  Germany’s trade with Poland and Czech Republic— as individual countries— is more than their trade with Russia.  Tiny Slovakia alone turns over more than half of German-Russian trade.  These nations are condescended to and smirked at and treated like burdens to Germany and the EU and yet they are Germany’s workshop and Germany’s storefront.  

https://www.destatis.de/EN/Themes/Economy/Foreign-Trade/Tables/order-rank-germany-trading-partners.pdf?__blob=publicationFile 
Granted, Russia provides a vital natural resource but that’s still not explanatory enough.  Germany has chased the unicorn of Russian-Euro integration for decades while looking down their noses and dismissing the concerns of the incredibly reliable and profitable partners they already have. 

Fantastic post, and QFT.
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Video we've been waiting for.

GOING UNDER AND SHE GOT IT! /Keith Jackson.

https://twitter.com/GatoChaco/status/1515829457927385088?s=20&t=Oj0ABR-U8kakMJ7mhp08zw

such a shame....

although... in that vid, it looks like all 16 tubes were no longer attached to the ship ( or at least were intact)

so the Russian version of ammo exploding, and causing the sinking... may be true,

from a certain point of view

A Certain Point of View: In the Jedi of the Beholder | by Katelyn Mathis |  Medium

"In Kherson the Russian occupiers prepare provocation," - the spokesman of the Odessa OVA, Sergey Bratchuk said

In the area of Antonovsky Bridge, the Russians are deploying Grads to strike at Kherson and accuse the Armed Forces of Ukraine. They'll use this as the reason for "saving" the city by holding a referendum there (like DNR and LNR.)

Germany will soon experience a shortage of sunflower oil due to lack of supplies from Ukraine. 🇩🇪

Let me remind you that Ukraine is the world's leading supplier of sunflower oil. 🇺🇦