We have to win

Xcalibur

3 hours ago, Xcalibur said:

We always need to beat our rival, but this particular game... and this particular quarterback of theirs... we just have to win. 

Kyler Murray represents everything that our University and team fucking despise---he's aggy; he's a sooner; he handled his recruiting with us in a distasteful way; and he's an entitled, poor sport, bitch ass, prima donna who will not lay it on the line for his team.  He has quarterbacked our rival to a top 5 ranking and a potential playoff berth.  But we have the opportunity to shut all of that shit down on Saturday like Stonie Clark at the goal line.  We have to win.

After last season, I thought there would never be another sooner quarterback that I would dislike more than Baker Mayfield, but here we are.  Baker was a douchenozzle turned to 11, but he was a hell of a team player who laid it on the line for his team every week, which I respected.  Kyler is a fucking mercenary, soldier of fortune, and nothing more.  His head is also more inflated than Dolly Parton's breasts.  The reason he couldn't bring himself to even remotely acknowledge Ehlinger's capable quarterback play is because, in Kyler's mind, Ehlinger is so far beneath him that he simply cannot deign to entertain a discussion that puts his name in the same sentence with another quarterback's.  Kyler must stand alone (even if just barely to 5 feet).

The game on Saturday is just another stop on the road for Kyler and his team.  Kyler believes it is his entitled destiny to win a CFP title "just for funsies" before he heads off to MLB next year.  For our team, however, this game is basically our season. It's already been established as extremely likely that we are landing in the Sugar Bowl regardless of this game's outcome, but winning a Big 12 title is something we haven't done in nearly a decade, and winning it this year would exorcise a lot of demon monkeys that have been on our back since we lost Colt against Alabama.  I believe that this game simply means more to us than it means to them.  And it means a hell of a lot to them, considering what's on the line.  We have to win.

Fuck Kyler Murray, fuck his team, and fuck his entitled destiny.  I wish him the best in baseball, but in football he needs to get the fuck off my field.  This is our time (and it's been a long fucking time).  Although we already beat his ass in October, Kyler, his team, and all their fans, are absolutely certain that the October outing was a fluke.  It was not.  They are relishing in their opportunity to prove that it was a fluke.  They will be disappointed.  This is the game that will officially mark the shifting of power in the Big 12 back into our favor.  OU's star is fading; after this season they will be without a quarterback and possibly even without a head coach.  With a win on Saturday, we can proudly and confidently utter the phrase that has been little more than a meme for the past several seasons.  You know the one.

We have to win.  There just really is no other option.  See you in Arlington.

Ok, cool.

Hook 'em

This game and the potential sugar bowl game are the most important games we’ve been involved with in a decade. We got a real chance to show the nation and recruits we're back. Maybe not the talent level you’re used to seeing from Texas, but still a top 10 program. 

Tl; but I read every word and loved it. Especially the part at the end, about OU's star fading.

To me, this game could set the stage for a Herman-Riley era in the rivalry. Will we constantly find ourselves second place to OU, or can Herman turn the tables on Riley? Obviously one game does not necessarily define an era, but in 10-15 years, we could all look back to this game and say, "that's where it all started." This is a momentum game and an era defining game. We have to win.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Xcalibur said:

We always need to beat our rival, but this particular game... and this particular quarterback of theirs... we just have to win. 

Kyler Murray represents everything that our University and team fucking despise---he's aggy; he's a sooner; he handled his recruiting with us in a distasteful way; and he's an entitled, poor sport, bitch ass, prima donna who will not lay it on the line for his team.  He has quarterbacked our rival to a top 5 ranking and a potential playoff berth.  But we have the opportunity to shut all of that shit down on Saturday like Stonie Clark at the goal line.  We have to win.

After last season, I thought there would never be another sooner quarterback that I would dislike more than Baker Mayfield, but here we are.  Baker was a douchenozzle turned to 11, but he was a hell of a team player who laid it on the line for his team every week, which I respected.  Kyler is a fucking mercenary, soldier of fortune, and nothing more.  His head is also more inflated than Dolly Parton's breasts.  The reason he couldn't bring himself to even remotely acknowledge Ehlinger's capable quarterback play is because, in Kyler's mind, Ehlinger is so far beneath him that he simply cannot deign to entertain a discussion that puts his name in the same sentence with another quarterback's.  Kyler must stand alone (even if just barely to 5 feet).

The game on Saturday is just another stop on the road for Kyler and his team.  Kyler believes it is his entitled destiny to win a CFP title "just for funsies" before he heads off to MLB next year.  For our team, however, this game is basically our season. It's already been established as extremely likely that we are landing in the Sugar Bowl regardless of this game's outcome, but winning a Big 12 title is something we haven't done in nearly a decade, and winning it this year would exorcise a lot of demon monkeys that have been on our back since we lost Colt against Alabama.  I believe that this game simply means more to us than it means to them.  And it means a hell of a lot to them, considering what's on the line.  We have to win.

Fuck Kyler Murray, fuck his team, and fuck his entitled destiny.  I wish him the best in baseball, but in football he needs to get the fuck off my field.  This is our time (and it's been a long fucking time).  Although we already beat his ass in October, Kyler, his team, and all their fans, are absolutely certain that the October outing was a fluke.  It was not.  They are relishing in their opportunity to prove that it was a fluke.  They will be disappointed.  This is the game that will officially mark the shifting of power in the Big 12 back into our favor.  OU's star is fading; after this season they will be without a quarterback and possibly even without a head coach.  With a win on Saturday, we can proudly and confidently utter the phrase that has been little more than a meme for the past several seasons.  You know the one.

This x 1,000

Edited by MacLaren
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

Tl; but I read every word and loved it. Especially the part at the end, about OU's star fading.

To me, this game could set the stage for a Herman-Reily era in the rivalry. Will we constantly find ourselves second place to OU, or can Herman turn the tables on Riley? Obviously one game does not necessarily define an era, but in 10-15 years, we could all look back to this game and say, "that's where it all started." This is a momentum game and an era defining game. We have to win.

and this x 1,000,000

• Like 1

It's weird, but I feel less urgency to win this game than I did round 1, even though this one has bigger ramifications.  I think it's because we made it here and I didn't expect that, and because I feel confident that the trajectory of the program is basically set at this point.  I hope the players don't feel that way.

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

It's weird, but I feel less urgency to win this game than I did round 1, even though this one has bigger ramifications.  I think it's because we made it here and I didn't expect that, and because I feel confident that the trajectory of the program is basically set at this point.  I hope the players don't feel that way.

Yeah, I hope they don't feel that way too...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xcalibur said:

I wish him the worst in baseball too. Fuck him

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

....... I hope we snap kyler’s femur on the very first play he touches the field. ......

I don't, I hope he is in there for the entire game. He has his only loss as a starter in the back of his mind (HS and College). You know he will be reminded of it on the field. Is he clutch or has he just not had to overcome a loss before and is ready to choke? I predict he chokes and he is going to throw a couple of picks and fumble once. That way he knows the second loss of his career is also on him.

Edited by DanTheHorn

The rivalry was great in the Colt/Sam days because both teams were so good, but the fact that they were friends and Bradford generally seemed like a decent person kind of took away from the hate needed in this rivalry. 

With Mayfield, I finally felt like ou had the kind of qb you want from your rival bc he was just so easy to hate. 

With Murray, I've realized that I never really hated Mayfield.  Not genuine hate.  He was a showboat and whiner and annoying as fuck, but I never hated him. 

Murray is a whole other thing.  I want him to lose. I want it to hurt. I want him to cry himself to sleep every night on his tiny pillow thinking about this game.  I wasn't around for the boz days, but I finally know what is like to hate a player at ou like Texas fans did back then.

I think our players feel the same way, and it's why I think we win.  They're not giving that little bitch scoreboard over us or Sam. 

• Like 2

You had me at Stonie Clark, 94 was my freshman year. 

I am fully subscribed to your thread and will fax you $9.95.  This isn't a must win, but a win defines a lot about what happens going forward.  I think we have a good shot to win, and the attitudes of the teams seem 180 degrees from the early 2000s.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1