We Are Decent, But Waaayyy Behind GA or Bama

MaybeACoordinator

9 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So I guess if we end up in the Sugar Bowl against Georgia we’ll need to start a thread about UGA versus the greatest armies in history. Of course, we’ll have to leave LSU off of that list.

Apparently.

Or, alternatively, some of our fans are just a bunch of terrified little pussies.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You might be retarded.  Get that checked out. 

Bc no motherfucker is in Barry Sanders class.  Just shut the fuck up already.  Do you know Barry Sanders?  Read a book.  

Yeah, this is HS film but he was the #1 prospect in the nation for a reason. And you didn't hear much about Sanders until junior year. 

5 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

At least you can drink big ol' rum drinks in the Sugar Bowl. Any of y'all going are gonna need a few. 

Yeah, I seem like I've got a sandy vagina here, but we just ain't ready for this shit. I'd rather see us head out to San Diego again and dismantle a Pac 12 team. Or beat aggy, on any field. 

Good God some of y'all have gone full needing a tampon. SEC is a media supported fairyland. Bama is going to kick the absolute shit out of OU and Georgia is in for a rude awakening Dec 1st.

10-4 - natty incoming next season.

Hook em

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I clicked over on the game and saw DeAndre Swift run one time. That dude is in Barry Sanders class with his moves and is fast and can even fucking throw. Then they have Holyfield, and that QB can hunk it deep or into tight spots. The OL is athletic and disciplined, and the D is tough. S&P+ is gonna have us as 20-point dogs. 

We should probably forfeit. 

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Holy shit some of you are acting like Georgia is some juggernaut. They've played 2 teams this year worth a damn and lost them both.

Also, who gives a shit what they allow versus the pass when they play 3 yard and a cloud of dust offenses who hardly know what a forward pass resembles

Sack the fuck and quit acting like pussies. Fuck Georgia and their dumb ass head coach.

Exactly. We too would look super badass  if we played Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee State, and UMass. And lost by 20 to a LSU team that aggy managed to put 74 points on. Fuck Georgia and fuck Herbstreit for trying to sell those frauds as a top four team. Yes they are a good team, but not the powerhouse ESPN is trying to make them out to be. Their quality wins consist of a shitty Florida team, and a one dimensional Kentucky team. 

Edited by Hamttx
To many too’s

17 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

Exactly. We too would look super badass  if we played Austin Peay, Middle Tennessee State, and UMass. And lost by 20 to a LSU team that aggy managed to put 74 points on. Fuck Georgia and fuck Herbstreit for trying to sell those frauds as a top four team. Yes they are a good team, but not the powerhouse ESPN is trying to make them out to be. Their quality wins consist of a shitty Florida team, and a one dimensional Kentucky team. 

Bama played their worst game of the season today and still beat UGA with their 2nd string quarterback. 

UGA is a very good football team. They might well be one of the best 4 teams in the country. 

But - it doesn't matter. Bama is going 15-0 and Georgia does not deserve a playoff spot. We will see how good they are on January 1st. 

We are YEARS behind both of them in the trenches.  Until we start controlling the line of scrimmage, we're not doing shit.  Our oline was pushed around by a dog shit of a defense yesterday.  Let's be clear, OU's defense is pure cunt mush and we couldn't run the ball on them.  We. Were. Pushed. Around.  

Our dline isn't much better.  

• Like 2

We are YEARS behind both of them in the trenches.  Until we start controlling the line of scrimmage, we're not doing shit.  Our oline was pushed around by a dog shit of a defense yesterday.  Let's be clear, OU's defense is pure cunt mush and we couldn't run the ball on them.  We. Were. Pushed. Around.  
Our dline isn't much better.  

All of this. All of it.

I think Texas can hang with any opponent.  Most of the problems have been in the 4th quarter.  Looks to me like it is not a conditioning issue, but more of a combination of play calling to try to run out the clock as well as attrition.  When is the last time Jones and Stearns have played a full game together?  When have we had a healthy quarterback?  How healthy has Ingram been the past month?  Hopefully, a month of preparation will get everyone healthy and the youngsters a little bit more prepped.  I see it as a nothing to lose kind of game and hopefully play calling will reflect.  Long term fix is to get more depth.  We are trending in the right direction.

You bitches need to man up. We were a handful of bad calls away from beating the 4th playoff team. We deserve to be in the top 10-12 and absolutely belong on the field with any team in the country (except maybe bama). I sure hope coaches and players don’t think like some of the pussies on this board.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Yeah, this is HS film but he was the #1 prospect in the nation for a reason. And you didn't hear much about Sanders until junior year. 

Swift wasn't the number one prospect. He wasn't even the number one RB prospect. 

Texas can absolutely play with Georgia. 

• Like 1

We are at least one tier below UGA right now, maybe two. Advanced metrics have us a couple more down. Herman / Orlando are gonna have to coach their asses off. It is not outside the realm of possibility we can take them down, but yeah, it's gonna be a miracle on the level of James Brown vs Nebraska if we win. Some of it also depends on pre-bowl attrition, too. 

Whining about injuries or bad calls won't get us anywhere. VY's Horns just dealt with that shit. So did Colt's. Those were teams that I would feel confident about playing UGA or Bama with.

I mean, saying UGA sucks because they lost to Bama's second-string QB is ridiculous, when you consider that Jalen Hurts is an NC-winning QB who would start for virtually every other program in the country. 

That's why I'm hoping we get Utah or Arizona St in the Alamo.  Or Colorado.
Jesus H. Christ, I must be taking crazy pills. Um yeah let's play Utah or Arizone St in the Alamodome, that would be WAYY better than Georgia in the Sugar Bowl, in New Orleans on New Years Day.

Fucking Idiot. Post less.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Footballpants said:

Jesus H. Christ, I must be taking crazy pills. Um yeah let's play Utah or Arizone St in the Alamodome, that would be WAYY better than Georgia in the Sugar Bowl, in New Orleans on New Years Day.

Fucking Idiot. Post less.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Still hoping we can switch Georgia tech for Georgia.   Though with Johnson retiring they may be motivated.   Texas bowl still open?

23 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Holy shit some of you are acting like Georgia is some juggernaut. They've played 2 teams this year worth a damn and lost them both.

Also, who gives a shit what they allow versus the pass when they play 3 yard and a cloud of dust offenses who hardly know what a forward pass resembles

Sack the fuck and quit acting like pussies. Fuck Georgia and their dumb ass head coach.

We have done pretty well on defense against everybody who was not one of those Big 12 mobile QB spread offenses. So I am intrigued by this matchup. Georgia is pretty fucking talented so they might run us out of the stadium but...hey we might stomp the shit out of them like we did USC who also had comparable, if not better, athletes. Obviously winning this game would be huge for propaganda purposes. If we lose it will suck but certainly no worse than what we have endured over the past several years.

So bring it on. Let's see what Herman and company can do. Football is about matchups. We might matchup well with Georgia, we don't know...or at least I don't.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 3

Does Georgia have more talent among their upper classmen than Texas?  Almost certainly and it's even worse compared to Bama.

Does that make Georgia a better team than Texas?  Probably though it's not all that clear.

Georgia will have the advantage with their defensive front against the Texas OL.  They probably have a lesser advantage with their OL vs the Texas DL and LBs.  But schematically, UGa is at a disadvantage on both sides of the ball.  How many offenses have they faced with legit dual threat QBs and killer WRs?  Basically only against Bama. 

Georgia's defense is solid but not exactly disruptive. pass rush is nothing to fear.  They are tied for 101st in team sacks, much worse than Texas.  TFLs are worse as they are tied for 116th in TFL per game.  Their run defense is good but not stellar at 4.0 ypc given up.  IOW, UGa has a pretty good defense which significantly underachieves their talent level by most measures.

Orlando kicks the crap out of pro style offenses since the only real systemic weakness seems to be LB recognition when spread attacks put them in severe conflict.  I expect his D to play like they did against USC and ISU, not OU.  His blitzes are a lot more effective against immobile QBs who have trouble extending the play long enough to diagnose disguised coverages.

Edited by sushihorn
  • Like 2

Yeah, we don’t know for sure, but no one knows. 

But if I had to lay money on it, I’d say we have a damn good chance  at beating Georgia. 

Orlando has shown, other than the Maryland shit-show, that he can defend a non-air raid, zone read type of offense very capably.

Personally, I think we beat those jackasses by about 10 points. 

So what? Yeah, the odds are that Georgia will beat us, but they might not, and that would be a full tilt spectacular end to the season.

The point is to get into the best bowl you can. Simply being in the Sugar Bowl is better experience for the team and a better advertisement to recruits than winning the Alamo Bowl. Even if we wind up getting stomped, people will say we're just there a year or two early on an upward swing. Saban got smacked by Utah in his first Sugar Bowl with Alabama, and he turned out fine.

Hope for the best and don't give a s**t about the worst. 

1 minute ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Yeah, we don’t know for sure, but no one knows. 

But if I had to lay money on it, I’d say we have a damn good chance  at beating Georgia. 

Orlando has shown, other than the Maryland shit-show, that he can defend a non-air raid, zone read type of offense very capably.

Personally, I think we beat those jackasses by about 10 points. 

What is the closest thing to Texas that Jawja has seen this year?  I'd say Mizzou but Texas has a lot more talent than the Tigers.  Locke is a good passer but Sam is better.  Locke is also a decent runner but again Sam is better overall and has a lot more power to force the defense to account for him in the running game.  Even so, MU put up 29 points and 400 yds, which would have made a game of it with even a mediocre defense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Does Georgia have more talent among their upper classmen than Texas?  Almost certainly and it's even worse compared to Bama.

Does that make Georgia a better team than Texas?  Probably though it's not all that clear.

Georgia will have the advantage with their defensive front against the Texas OL.  They probably have a lesser advantage with their OL vs the Texas DL and LBs.  But schematically, UGa is at a disadvantage on both sides of the ball.  How many offenses have they faced with legit dual threat QBs and killer WRs?  Basically only against Bama. 

Georgia's defense is solid but not exactly disruptive. pass rush is nothing to fear.  They are tied for 101st in team sacks, much worse than Texas.  TFLs are worse as they are tied for 116th in TFL per game.  Their run defense is good but not stellar at 4.0 ypc given up.  IOW, UGa has a pretty good defense which significantly underachieves their talent level by most measures.

Orlando kicks the crap out of pro style offenses since the only real systemic weakness seems to be LB recognition when spread attacks put them in severe conflict.  I expect his D to play like they did against USC and ISU, not OU.  His blitzes are a lot more effective against immobile QBs who have trouble extending the play long enough to diagnose disguised coverages.

Yeah, you beat me to it. Pro style offenses- Orlando’s got this. 

17 hours ago, hotdogGT said:

Depends on which version of the Longhorns we get to show up. 2nd and 3rd quarter Longhorns can go against anyone. 4th quarter Longhorns? Not so much.

yeah, what the fuck is up with that? Do we need better conditioning? All you hear about is how great they are in practice but then they consistently have terrible 4th qtrs.

1 hour ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Yeah, you beat me to it. Pro style offenses- Orlando’s got this. 

I'm more confident in Orlando for Georgia's scheme even though they have a talent advantage.  I'm more worried about the offensive line against Georgia's DL than our defense.  Of course I wonder why we have perhaps the best defensive strength for pro style offenses in theory given our strongest rivals in conference and how they play offense.

5 hours ago, UTDD said:

I'm more confident in Orlando for Georgia's scheme even though they have a talent advantage.  I'm more worried about the offensive line against Georgia's DL than our defense.  Of course I wonder why we have perhaps the best defensive strength for pro style offenses in theory given our strongest rivals in conference and how they play offense.

Our defense was great against spread offenses last year. The difference is LB play. And no Poona.

Edited by Machinator

Some of you think we should just not show up.   This is a great measuring stick for us. No doubt about it.  They run the ball well. Damn well. But our offense will give them fits as well. I don’t think we will run on them much but we will pass all day. Get a first down or two then go hurry up and gas them.  Win or lose if we play competitive and show the land Texas is back it will pay dividends.  Hopefully the defense isn’t like our fan base right now 

23 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I mean, saying UGA sucks because they lost to Bama's second-string QB is ridiculous, when you consider that Jalen Hurts is an NC-winning QB who would start for virtually every other program in the country. 

The correct  way to look at this is Georgia got completely lit up by the only quality genuine dual threat QB they faced all year.  Tua was too banged up to present that threat.

7 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

The correct  way to look at this is Georgia got completely lit up by the only quality genuine dual threat QB they faced all year.  Tua was too banged up to present that threat.

This here, this right here is the correct answer. Man propaganda really works. We have been beat into submission that no one can go toe to toe with those guys. When in reality let us play and find out. 

If Sam is healthy, and to me the most important part of the game. They will have to adjust away from what they feel most comfortable doing on defense. They will be forced to drop LB’s in coverage, play man, and gamble that Sam doesn’t take off running. Something they only had to do once...and that was this weekend. Jalen Hurts isn’t Superman. But his ass can run and throw. And he showed Texas the blueprint to what happens when the Georgia LB’s are forced to think, adjust and make the play. And not just attack the LOS to stop the run ala’ Kentucky.

This weekend they failed miserably at doing that. In fact, it looked a lot like a big 12 game they way Alabama stormed back. Though no one in the media will acknowledge that.

Combined with the vertical style of their D-Linemen. Who are coached to go balls out to the QB because against the offenses they faced this year there was little fear of a quick accurate passing attack. They will now be required to analyze the play. And play defense just like we do and dance horizontally with the O-Linemen until they sniff out the play. If they don’t do that draws, traps and misdirection plays will give Texas a huge opportunity to use their very strength against them.