Cowboys vs Eagles: Week 14

Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

with a competent OC, a QB mechanics guy and a coach with any spine at all, we could go places.

I'll hand it to Garrett. He went for it on fourth and one. I would have kicked a FG and turned it over to the D.

Going north south with Zeke was the answer on that play. None of that sideways bullshit.

Still pissed at NFL. Billion $ industry and they are too fucking cheap to have at least 1 ref per crew as full time. At least make these part time hacks have to go hq every week and every call/non call reviewed. 

You want this high paying part time job you will take the time or we will get someone else. 

3 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Two b.s. calls against the Eagles by the refs is not > several b.s. calls against the Cowboys PLUS something like 100 more yards in penalties.  

yes including a lowering of the helmet call, roughing the QB for grabbing wentz' foot for a sack with his hand, PI for pushing wentz from behind in the shoulders, five OL holding calls, touching the snappers head with his hand and on and on, unreal performance by the refs

• Like 2

That was a classic NFC East game. Most entertaining div in football.

The refs were hosing y'all. I was enjoying some afternoon happy hour drinks amongst a bunch of Cowboys fans and was happy to see y'all get the win. 

I think you're a dangerous playoff team if you can keep it rolling and sneak in. Cooper was a great pickup. This might be the best Boys defense since the 90s. 

We need an all Texas super bowl at somepoint. Handle your business and Texans will handle ours. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

yes including a lowering of the helmet call, roughing the QB for grabbing wentz' foot for a sack with his hand, PI for pushing wentz from behind in the shoulders, five OL holding calls, touching the snappers head with his hand and on and on, unreal performance by the refs

Lowering helmet call was the correct one...the problem is the NFL after making that a rule has hardly called it on the offense.

Just now, FloridaHorn said:

ESPN says Zeke is the only offensive player this season called for targeting....and the roughing call on Gregory was bullshit. Add the hitting the helmet of the snapper against Lawrence. There were several shitty calls and they certainly weren’t all in Facor of Dallas.

Fox said the lowering helmet on offense had been called all of 9 times coming into the Cowboy game

7 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:
 @SportsSturm
FollowingFollowing @SportsSturm
More

Dak hits 28.6% of his throws of over 30 air yards this season (6 of 21). If you compare that with the NFL average you will find that it is exactly - the same! League average 28.6% (191 of 669).

So youre telling me he's average.  Is that something we should be happy about?

12 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

Lowering helmet call was the correct one...the problem is the NFL after making that a rule has hardly called it on the offense.

Zeke had a guy riding his back and he was trying to keep his balance. He was on his way to the ground he was trying to protect the ball. The best that can be said is that it was a damn iffy call.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

So youre telling me he's average.  Is that something we should be happy about?

This is the part of his game that everyone thinks he is a terrible at. And that part of his game he is literally the NFL mean. 

He is an above average QB in the NFL. Could we upgrade if we had Brady, Rogers or Breea? Obviously. The question is just how much salary cap do you commit to someone who is in the 10-15 range of ranking of QB’s in the league. It’s really easy to know what you do with the top 10. And really easy to know what you do if you have below average play.  Not so easy to know what you do with Dak 

Edited by Newy25

so I assumed when Buck said they'd called that zeke head penalty 9 times this year it was offense 9 times.  apparently that is the first time an O player has been called for it.  that and the holding call situation tells me all I need to know about Goodell and his directives to the refs.  fuck that guy.  they better start calling that shit on Gurley, Peterson, Ingram, and everyone else who does the same thing every game.

The idiocy of the refs in the NFL is laughable.  the call on Gregory was bullshit too, there was no forceable contact.  he rolled him up and the QB has some damn responsibility to not fight it and go down.

16 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

This is the part of his game that everyone thinks he is a terrible at. And that part of his game he is literally the NFL mean. 

He is an above average QB in the NFL. Could we upgrade if we had Brady, Rogers or Breea? Obviously. The question is just how much salary cap do you commit to someone who is in the 10-15 range of ranking of QB’s in the league. It’s really easy to know what you do with the top 10. And really easy to know what you do if you have below average play.  Not so easy to know what you do with Dak 

He's 21st in QBR coming into this week.

is that average out of 32?  I guess by some stretch it might be.

Thing about it is, if he doesn't turn the ball over so much, the Cowboys Defense isn't deleveraged as a strength by so much time spent on the field without a rest.  For all of the heroics to Cooper, it should have been unnecessary.

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

He's 21st in QBR coming into this week.

is that average out of 32?  I guess by some stretch it might be.

Thing about it is, if he doesn't turn the ball over so much, the Cowboys Defense isn't deleveraged as a strength by so much time spent on the field without a rest.  For all of the heroics to Cooper, it should have been unnecessary.

He is 30-16 and about to be in the playoffs for the 2nd time in his 3 years....Romo never got enough credit because the team did not win even though he had the stats of a top 5 QB most years....Dak is the exact opposite...He is winning but does not get the credit because he does not light the stat page up every game. But he is clutch..yes his mistakes put them in the position..but he then dug them out of it. His 4Q was
17 for 20 243 yards 3 touchdowns 0 interceptions 156.9 passer rating

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Uh, yeah, 94 is a fucking beast. Get to fucking know him.

He's dumb as a fucking rock on the football field.

Off of it? who knows?  Evidence suggests the same...

Just now, txbroadcaster said:

He is 30-16 and about to be in the playoffs for the 2nd time in his 3 years....Romo never got enough credit because the team did not win even though he had the stats of a top 5 QB most years....Dak is the exact opposite...He is winning but does not get the credit because he does not light the stat page up every game. But he is clutch..yes his mistakes put them in the position..but he then dug them out of it. His 4Q was

LOLz.

Selective as fuck on the stats eh?

Nice recovery by Dak.  Again, why the fuck was it necessary?  because fucking Dak...

5 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

My expectation is this team will go just as far as any Romor Jones led team has in the last 20 years.

12 minutes ago, slorch said:

LOLz.

Selective as fuck on the stats eh?

Nice recovery by Dak.  Again, why the fuck was it necessary?  because fucking Dak...

Don't be one of those fans that thinks a QB is a magic wand.

If you look at the structure of the Cowboys roster. Dak, with an innovative offensive mind, could be a solid QB that can take you where you want to go. He needs a QB coach who is going to shorten his base, he overthrows the ball when he over strides, same thing Sam struggled with last year and if you noticed he came back this year with a more compact base and was more accurate.

The key is for Dallas not to over pay for him. If Dallas can sign Dak for around $15 million a year then you do it. It allows you to keep the defense together (which is extremely young) and also allows you to re-sign Amari.

Dak was a mixed bag of great and god awful this game. His career has pretty much been a box of chocolates.

I hate that it was the Cowboys who put the final nail in the Eagles, but it was coming anyway. Total SB hangover: age, injuries, performance drop-off, coaches leaving, tough schedule, and the cliche of opponents wanting it more now.

Now I hope NFC teams look at this film and realize you shouldn't just play conservative against Dallas because you expect a low scoring game. Receivers can get open, and you can run inside with some success against them.

And the refs - WTF on both sides. The teams were struggling enough, we didn't need those ridiculous calls on major plays from literally the opening kick all the way into OT.

8 minutes ago, Bartles said:

I hate that it was the Cowboys who put the final nail in the Eagles, but it was coming anyway. Total SB hangover: age, injuries, performance drop-off, coaches leaving, tough schedule, and the cliche of opponents wanting it more now.

Now I hope NFC teams look at this film and realize you shouldn't just play conservative against Dallas because you expect a low scoring game. Receivers can get open, and you can run inside with some success against them.

And the refs - WTF on both sides. The teams were struggling enough, we didn't need those ridiculous calls on major plays from literally the opening kick all the way into OT.

Conversely, I am delighted that it was the Cowboys that put the final nail in the Eagles.  Because fuck Philadelphia, the city of brotherly hate. :)

Edited by utee94
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Don't be one of those fans that thinks a QB is a magic wand.

If you look at the structure of the Cowboys roster. Dak, with an innovative offensive mind, could be a solid QB that can take you where you want to go. He needs a QB coach who is going to shorten his base, he overthrows the ball when he over strides, same thing Sam struggled with last year and if you noticed he came back this year with a more compact base and was more accurate.

The key is for Dallas not to over pay for him. If Dallas can sign Dak for around $15 million a year then you do it. It allows you to keep the defense together (which is extremely young) and also allows you to re-sign Amari.

Dak was a mixed bag of great and god awful this game. His career has pretty much been a box of chocolates.

The team right now is dominating Defense and run game.  Period.

Dak's mistakes were not even from trying to do too much-  they were inexplicable carelessness.  maybe if they had an offensive coach worth a fuck, i'd feel more optimistic that they could coach that out of Prescott.  Sorry, but I am not even remotely buying that shit.

Contemplating a contract with Dak also requires asking oneself if the coaching is ever going to change.  If it does not, whatever they pay Dak is inconsequential in comparison.

Edited by slorch

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

The team right now is dominating Defense and run game.  Period.

Dak's mistakes were not even from trying to do too much-  they were inexplicable carelessness.  maybe if they had an offensive coach worth a fuck, i'd feel more optimistic that they could coach that out of Prescott.  Sorry, but I am not even remotely buying that shit.

Contemplating a contract with Dak also requires asking oneself if the coaching is ever going to change.  If it does not, whatever they pay Dak is inconsequential in comparison.

He has been far more effective since Cooper has arrived. The key as someone else mentioned is to not overpay. If he demand top QB money then I think you look and explore other options.