Las Vegas go hard or go home thread

bigup2dahorns

On 8/1/2022 at 12:40 PM, bigup2dahorns said:

I don’t frequent the downtown scene much at all but from what I follow online it certainly has gotten worse over the years with the rough crowd and crime. They are trying to mitigate it recently so will have to see if it’ll work.

If you like weirdo and white trash people watching, this is ground zero! We go at least once every Vegas trip for the experience and are never disappointed. Additionally, Alter Ego is a local band that plays FSE and they are a lot of fun. Downtown is sketch, but I've never felt unsafe, however, if you're from a small town, you might be scared sh!tless.

• Like 3

Downtown Las Vegas is Getting a Delicious New Addition

Late-night food options fuel Las Vegas' 24 hour lifestyle and now there is a unique 24/7 food option coming to the second floor of the D Las Vegas. 

In the fall, Bacon Nation will open as the official replacement for the D Grill which was closed at the beginning of the pandemic as part of a floor-wide expansion that includes more space for slots and the doubling the size of the BarCanada sports bar. 

"We came up with the concept that everybody loves bacon," Abe Taylor, a partner in the restaurant told the Las Vegas Review-Journal. "We developed the idea further and pitched it to the hotel. We sent care packages to the hotel for all the executives, and the care packages included several pounds of flavored bacon.”

While the restaurant is still developing the menu for the restaurant, the menu is expected to offer between 55 and 65 bacon-centric dishes.

The menu will also feature pork belly, pulled pork, pork rib, and pork shoulder items. 

Alright you Vegas guru’s, help me out. Wife and I and another couple are going in October and staying at Bally’s. What are my best options for a cabana somewhat nearby? We fly in on a Thursday morning and want to drop our bags and spend the day at a pool before we check in. Both guys will drink plenty, the gals not nearly as much. Any of the F&B minimums include booze so we can tell our wives we have to get drunk to cover the cost? Never done something like this in Vegas. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/20/2022 at 12:31 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

Got home late last night.  I've commented on the unusual of the trip, so nothing more to add.  This was a very laid back trip (no shows, no sightseeing except for Area 15-Omegamart).  Just eating, drinking, some light shopping and laying in the sun.   Missus had a spa day, and I had a shave + haircut.

How was Omega Mart (Meow Wolf)? Definitely interested and wonder if it's worth the money.

1 hour ago, zman13 said:

How was Omega Mart (Meow Wolf)? Definitely interested and wonder if it's worth the money.

Easily the most fun, interactively speaking, I've had on a Vegas trip that did not involve gaming, drinking, eating or screwing.

We spent almost 4 hours in Omega Mart alone, and probably would have spent more if we didn't have another attraction to go see.  It's incredibly rich and in-depth, and just exploring everything it has eats time.  So well done and immersive.  It's not for everyone; because you need to have a sense for the ludicrous and a healthy sense of curiosity.  

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 9:39 AM, burns_312 said:

Alright you Vegas guru’s, help me out. Wife and I and another couple are going in October and staying at Bally’s. What are my best options for a cabana somewhat nearby? We fly in on a Thursday morning and want to drop our bags and spend the day at a pool before we check in. Both guys will drink plenty, the gals not nearly as much. Any of the F&B minimums include booze so we can tell our wives we have to get drunk to cover the cost? Never done something like this in Vegas. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would look at Cosmo.   Probably somewhat reasonable on a Thurs.  

1 hour ago, Angry Gorilla said:

What if I just take a bunch of edibles instead?

Then you’d never make it past the bellagio fountains. 

35 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I would look at Cosmo.   Probably somewhat reasonable on a Thurs.  

Was $800 min on a Thursday for me. In october. 

19 minutes ago, Angry Gorilla said:

Marquee Day Club is great, but I would try to send the wives on a shopping spree or slot machine session and go alone.

Don’t drink the e-coli water. 

thanks to @bigup2dahorns, i grabbed a reservation at that new taco madera place for early september.  sounds like it is kind of similar to comedor in austin.  has anyone done the mayflower supper club before?  birthday dinner for the wife and she requested it.  i am trying to steer her closer to guy savoy or le cirque but i have never been to mayflower so perhaps give it a chance?

The airport story for anyone interested:

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — A man accused of creating chaos at Harry Reid International Airport, which led to hundreds of flight cancelations and delays on Sunday, told police he was ready to leave Las Vegas “as soon as possible.”

Stefan Hutchinson is accused of resisting officers, burglary, and battery following two separate incidents on Aug. 13 and 14.

On Saturday, Aug. 13, police said Hutchinson breached a screening checkpoint just after 8 a.m. before walking into a store and stealing a pair of sunglasses. When TSA officers told him to stop walking and tried to take him into custody, he started yelling, flailing his arms and kicking his feet.

Officers said that when Hutchinson initially ignored commands and kept walking past a screening checkpoint, an alarm button was pressed multiple times.

On Sunday, Aug. 14, a mass panic ensued after police said several loud bangs were heard near a ticketing area at around 4:30 a.m.

Officers at the scene were told that a man had pushed by employees and charged through a door leading to the secured side of the terminal. They found Hutchinson struggling with three airline employees on the floor, the report said.

Employees were trying to help Hutchinson at the ticketing counter when he ran past them as the door opened, the report said. He allegedly pushed an employee, causing her to fall and hit her head.

Police said later on that the loud bangs were caused by line dividers falling on the floor when people were running to escape. Hundreds of travelers had been seen running past the TSA checkpoint without being screened to get to the secured side of the gates.

“Citizens were trampling over each other attempting to escape the area,” a police report said.

Hutchinson later told police that he had arrived in Las Vegas on Friday, Aug. 12 and had a flight scheduled to leave on Monday, Aug. 15, but that “he was ready to go back home as soon as possible.”

Hutchinson was later booked into the Clark County Detention Center on burglary charges.

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-news/man-accused-of-causing-mass-panic-at-harry-reid-airport-wanted-to-leave-las-vegas-as-soon-as-possible-police/

2 minutes ago, Angry Gorilla said:

We’ve all been there

Well, I was in the exact same situation, where we ALL had to clear out of the post clearance checkpoint and go through security again there because some jackhole had breached the security gate.  I was super hungover and would have murdered him had I been the one to find him first.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

Well, I was in the exact same situation, where we ALL had to clear out of the post clearance checkpoint and go through security again there because some jackhole had breached the security gate.  I was super hungover and would have murdered him had I been the one to find him first.

And I would find you not guilty.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2