Casey Thompson in NCAA Transfer Portal Now

LTtxfan

Just now, taybo20 said:

fuck Chip. What a piece of stupid shit. Hate that guy more every year. He’s like some agent working against us. He should be refused access to the Texas program

Yeah he is the real sleeper agent. It is amazing how often he makes "mistakes". 

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Thompson's twitter is weirdly full of pro-blOU stuff. I get he's an Oklahoma native but come on

I mean, he’s the son of Charles Thompson. I know him and Charles is the type of dude to walk into a movie theatre with the movie playing and yell “boomer”...

On 12/25/2018 at 10:19 AM, XYZ said:

Mackovic would put the backup QB in for a series during the first half. I don’t see why other coaches couldn’t do the same.

Maybe because our defense wasn’t great this year and, generally speaking, you don’t spot opposing BigXII defenses a give away series when opposing BigXII offenses aren’t likely to do the same for you. 

14 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Maybe because our defense wasn’t great this year and, generally speaking, you don’t spot opposing BigXII defenses a give away series when opposing BigXII offenses aren’t likely to do the same for you. 

yeah, there were too many games already that had my heart overly stressed.  All I needed was a freshman QB thrown out there...  If the heart didn't go, I probably would have drank myself into a pine box.

Just now, Gaffords said:

yeah, there were too many games already that had my heart overly stressed.  All I needed was a freshman QB thrown out there...  If the heart didn't go, I probably would have drank myself into a pine box.

Yes. The pressure to score every time we had the ball was too intense to start testing out our backups.

20 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

There was also the systemic problem that Herman was trying to RS all scholarship QBs not named Sam.  He wanted to get the freshmen a year in the system without losing eligibility and wanted Shane to have 2 years after the pending transfer.  So who exactly would have gotten those snaps.

3 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

There was also the systemic problem that Herman was trying to RS all scholarship QBs not named Sam.  He wanted to get the freshmen a year in the system without losing eligibility and wanted Shane to have 2 years after the pending transfer.  So who exactly would have gotten those snaps.

I think the plan was to let Shane take any necessary snaps early in the year, and then let Cam and or Casey get them later in the year where we could protect their RS with the 4 game rule. That supposed that we actually had a large lead and didn’t retreat into turtle ball to run clock in the fourth quarter while making the game uncomfortably close for everyone not on the opponent’s sideline. 

47 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

I think the plan was to let Shane take any necessary snaps early in the year, and then let Cam and or Casey get them later in the year where we could protect their RS with the 4 game rule. That supposed that we actually had a large lead and didn’t retreat into turtle ball to run clock in the fourth quarter while making the game uncomfortably close for everyone not on the opponent’s sideline. 

All true.  I think the problem was that the blowouts against USC and TCU came so early in the season.  Herman probably felt he might need Shane later if Sam was injured.  That actually happened to some degree.  Luckily it wasn't worse.

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wasn’t there a post, unsubstantiated obviously, after the bonitto piece that chip was into some gambling debt that was being at least partially forgiven in exchange for him writing shit about the Texas program?  

There was. Highly unsubstantiated, highly entertaining.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

More definitively, he's not listed on the roster anymore.

https://texassports.com/roster.aspx?roster=296&path=football

Its weird that they remove it when guys who just ran out of eligibility are still on it (like Gary Johnson).  You'd think they'd keep him on the 2018 roster and just not show him when they convert to 2019.

5 minutes ago, Richter said:

Its weird that they remove it when guys who just ran out of eligibility are still on it (like Gary Johnson).  You'd think they'd keep him on the 2018 roster and just not show him when they convert to 2019.

8331732.jpg

the sooner they get this off the website the better