Texas transfer portal talk

BurntOrangeBlooded15

Texas freshman Xavion Alford enters NCAA transfer portal

by Jeff Howe     32 minutes ago

Texas freshman Xavion Alford has entered the NCAA transfer portal a source with knowledge of the situation tells Horns247 and 247Sports. Alford recorded four total tackles for the Longhorns in 2020, one of which came on special teams, while seeing action in three games as a true freshman.

The No. 139 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite for 2020, Alford is the second member of Texas head coach Tom Herman's 2020 recruiting class to enter the transfer portal since the Longhorns concluded the regular season with a 69-31 win over Kansas State on Dec. 5 (a rescheduled Dec. 12 road trip to Kansas was canceled due to COVID-19 issues on the Forty Acres ahead of the game). Quarterback Ja'Quinden Jackson entered the portal last week and recently announced his intentions to transfer to Utah.

Alford was behind Chris Adimora and Anthony Cook at the SPUR position, the hybrid nickel defender in defensive coordinator Chris Ash's scheme. Adimora started each of the team's nine games in the regular season, finishing with 41 tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss, one interception and three pass breakups with Cook (18 tackles and 1.5 tackles for loss) backing him up.

This story is developing and will be updated.

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Xavion-Alford-Texas-Longhorns-enters-NCAA-transfer-portal-157643888/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Good luck to him. It sounds like he’s a pretty humble kid. I like Keontay a lot (well except for the drop) but you can’t blame him after seeing what Bijan is capable of. He probably ends up third on the depth chart and wouldn’t get meaningful carries barring injury.

6 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Good luck to him. It sounds like he’s a pretty humble kid. I like Keontay a lot (well except for the drop) but you can’t blame him after seeing what Bijan is capable of. He probably ends up third on the depth chart and wouldn’t get meaningful carries barring injury.

Bijan doesn’t get caught from behind on that run vs TCU and scores. Who knows where would be right now if so. Thank you Herman! Whew...

9 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I respectfully disagree. Good luck to him, yes. I will even wish him growth and maturity.

However, for any player to insist to be the only one at his position for a recruiting cycle, be more interested in things other than football to the extent that you don't perform well, and TELL RECRUITS TO GO ELSEWHERE because you are not getting EVERYTHING you want. Well, that makes you locker room cancer, and the quicker you can leave the better.

I hope he grows and matures, but the path he is on will not end well unless he does. Him hitting the transfer portal is one of the positive markers I was looking for in our renewed program.

So glad he has chosen to leave.

• Hook 'Em 4

I respectfully disagree. Good luck to him, yes. I will even wish him growth and maturity.
However, for any player to insist to be the only one at his position for a recruiting cycle, be more interested in things other than football to the extent that you don't perform well, and TELL RECRUITS TO GO ELSEWHERE because you are not getting EVERYTHING you want. Well, that makes you locker room cancer, and the quicker you can leave the better.
I hope he grows and matures, but the path he is on will not end well unless he does. Him hitting the transfer portal is one of the positive markers I was looking for in our renewed program.

Wait, Keontay was neg recruiting? Doesnt seem like his bro would have signed if that was true..

38 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

35 minutes ago, ousux said:
38 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Wait, Keontay was neg recruiting? Doesnt seem like his bro would have signed if that was true..

I'm assuming this nugget was about him and his brother. If the neg recruiting accusation and Herman being a total prick to him being true, I can see how the dude would talk shit about playing for Herman's Texas. Not excusing it but I can understand.

"Imagine preaching family, but then when a player of yours is sick you call his house to not check up on him, but rather to see how his brother’s recruitment is going."

I am actually happy to see a few guys hitting the door. It has already been made clear to them what is expected and they clearly want no part of it. This is a good and necessary part of the rebuild. It's good to open up space for those that want to be here and will work at. It's also good for those who "self purge" to find a place that works for them.

6 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

I am actually happy to see a few guys hitting the door. It has already been made clear to them what is expected and they clearly want no part of it. 

Pretty early for that. It's been two guys who aren't surprising, new staff or not, just due to the depth chart and their development.

42 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Pretty early for that. It's been two guys who aren't surprising, new staff or not, just due to the depth chart and their development.

I'm under the impression that Coach Sarkisian isn't wasting any time. As you mentioned they were probably on the fence, but apparently nothing has happened to make them want to stay. I feel okay with that. Get someone here that wants to be here even if it means (the horror) of singing with the fans after the game.

If any players were telling players to go elsewhere well don’t let the door hit you.  The stories that have been posted here recently are shocking.  I thought I followed recruiting well but hadn’t heard of him denigrating current players to prospect.  I would suspect this would be more than enough to eliminate or lower turtle’s buyout.  

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

IT write-up...     Justin Wells

Junior defensive back Jalen Green will enter the NCAA Transfer Portal, Inside Texas has learned.  Green played in 30 career games and made eight starts, all at corner. He was a member of the highly-touted class of 2018 defensive back group.

Former head coach Tom Herman said on December 23 that Green “asked today to try some safety,” and cross-trained at both corner and safety in preparation for the Alamo Bowl versus Colorado Buffaloes.

In 2020, Green recorded 14 tackles with one for loss and grabbed the only interception of his career versus Oklahoma State. His career high for tackles in a game came versus LSU in 2019 with eight. His career high for PBUs also came in 2019, when he broke up two passes versus Louisiana Tech.

Green attended Heights High School in Houston. He was rated as the No. 1 player in the 2018 Inside Texas Top 100.

19 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Good luck gents. Easier to find a spot elsewhere instead of battling for a spot here.  Hook em 

Recruit247 is on Instagram blaming sark and saying “just because he’s transferring doesn’t mean he’s scared” pretty stupid shit for an “official” account. 

30 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

IT write-up...     Justin Wells

Junior defensive back Jalen Green will enter the NCAA Transfer Portal, Inside Texas has learned.  Green played in 30 career games and made eight starts, all at corner. He was a member of the highly-touted class of 2018 defensive back group.

Former head coach Tom Herman said on December 23 that Green “asked today to try some safety,” and cross-trained at both corner and safety in preparation for the Alamo Bowl versus Colorado Buffaloes.

In 2020, Green recorded 14 tackles with one for loss and grabbed the only interception of his career versus Oklahoma State. His career high for tackles in a game came versus LSU in 2019 with eight. His career high for PBUs also came in 2019, when he broke up two passes versus Louisiana Tech.

Green attended Heights High School in Houston. He was rated as the No. 1 player in the 2018 Inside Texas Top 100.

Green should be in the talks as a lockdown day 1 draft eligible CB. Instead he couldn't play the ball and will most likely start at a non P5 school. Its maddening how many 5 starts shit the bed in Austin.