Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

9 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

I applaud their entrepreneurial spirit for taken money from the rubes. I, at least, think they are since they've apparently set up a website where I"m guessing they have something to sell. Someone else can give them a "click" to verify.

6 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The democrats do need better front men. 

Nancy and Chuck might be great at legislating but get John Tester and Ted Lieu out there to talk to the yokels. 

Ted Lieu would be awesome!

6 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Olds like Chuck Schumer are deathly afraid of the younger progressive movement as well, and will do anything they can to keep the status quo with elite Democratic institutions. So a person that is supposed to be an ALLY is actually a part of the problem.  Add Tom Perez to that list as well. 

Trump beating HRC was possible because Republicans are fearful and run to the voting booth to assuage their fears.  The majority of Democrats actually have an ideology, and the DNC should not expect the anti-Trump vote to be enough. But that seems to be the current gameplan and will come to fruition if someone like Biden is the nominee. 

I think so many of them are entrenched in the old system, probably have some things they would rather not have surface.  Or just that they really aren't good at this kind of thing.  Though I think Pelosi has more game than i expected.

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

This is my most favorite Tweet ever.

"I said bye bye!"

I wish to hell they would both address him as Donald, since he can't be bothered to use their titles. 

44 minutes ago, ADHD said:

I've been along the border. Lots of barking dogs. And local cops. And grassy pastures. Driven down around Big Bend too. Lots of beautiful scenery. High rocky bluffs. Kinda gorgeous. I was just in El Paso a couple months ago. They were having a downtown outdoor music festival. A shit load of industry there, all lit up. Lots of enormous new malls.

There is NOT a crisis there. There is no National Emergency. 

My point wasn't there was crisis in the Valley, simply there was a massive amount of poverty and folks who lived below the poverty line.  I'm more than aware of what the Valley is like.

Should I go with "Benemitch McArnold" or "Bitch McDonald" in future posts referencing our fine Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

Derivations of "turtle" are fantastic (and accurate) for appearance's sake, but unfortunately don't fully encompass his fealty to teh Donald nor the intentional damage he's inflicting on this country.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

In fairness, this might be one of the least catastrophic ways Trump drives himself off the cliff (assuming it works).  

Which is what? I’m curious to what you are talking about because I’m not seeing it. 

I am pretty slow though. Like Forrest. 

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Which is what? I’m curious to what you are talking about because I’m not seeing it. 

I am pretty slow though. Like Forrest. 

Looking at the polling, the majority of Americans are blaming Trump for this shit and only about 8% are blaming Republicans with 32% blaming democrats.

It seems McConnell is happy to let Trump take the fall all the way down to the point where either Trump comes calling on McConnell to reopen the government or there is a mutiny in the Senate.   Neither seem like they’re going to happen anytime soon but that’s where this is going and both outcomes result in a crippled Trump.   

How crippled will be determined by Trump’s approval numbers when the government reopens. 

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

only about 8% are blaming Republicans

This fucking sucks and shows just how strong the cult of the R is.  Even the ones who know the dotard is a shit show will never admit that he was completely and totally propped up by the Rs looking the other way the entire time.  After he is gone I'm betting 90% of them go straight back to the party and will come up with some nonsense in their brains about how it was just a mistake and they'll do better next time.  And this stupid country will continue to be stupid and maybe we'll all die because of it someday soon.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Looking at the polling, the majority of Americans are blaming Trump for this shit and only about 8% are blaming Republicans with 32% blaming democrats.

It seems McConnell is happy to let Trump take the fall all the way down to the point where either Trump comes calling on McConnell to reopen the government or there is a mutiny in the Senate.   Neither seem like they’re going to happen anytime soon but that’s where this is going and both outcomes result in a crippled Trump.   

How crippled will be determined by Trump’s approval numbers when the government reopens. 

IMHO nothing will change trumps numbers until the mueller report comes out. I suspect its gonna be uber bad though and will actually knock his approval into the mid to lower 30s

During normal times it would go to the 20s. But as I think we can all agree, these are not normal times.  

At the end of the day if trump is impeached it will be up to 20 or so Republican senators to put country over themselves and party.  Nobody knows how that will play out. Not you, me, brisket, chrispy, trump, huckabeef, or even Mueller himself. 

If he’s not impeached he will lose the next election,unless the dems totally fuck it up yet again which is certainly possible.

And then we will move on like we always do. 

13 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This fucking sucks and shows just how strong the cult of the R is.  Even the ones who know the dotard is a shit show will never admit that he was completely and totally propped up by the Rs looking the other way the entire time.  After he is gone I'm betting 90% of them go straight back to the party and will come up with some nonsense in their brains about how it was just a mistake and they'll do better next time.  And this stupid country will continue to be stupid and maybe we'll all die because of it someday soon.

This has been framed as a fight between Congressional Democrats vs. Trump. The Democrats need to call out the Republicans in Congress on this matter so that their feet can be held to the fire.

The Republicans have successfully faded into the background in the middle of this shit show.

This is why the Republicans are not getting any blame.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If tax refunds are slowed or stopped, if air travel is crippled, if VA stuff is delayed or stopped, if agricultural stuff (loans, subsidies, etc.) are delayed or stopped, you will see the Senate act.  

Trump Train is losing power and steam fast. 

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The president has never been more dishonest than he is now.  Trump is going crazy.  He tells daily lies, purposely, the exact opposite of facts.  He is truly the Communist Party working within the GOP.  Definitely worse than W, which shouldn't be mathematically possible, yet here we fucking are.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, SameSame said:

He's lying

If you told trump he had a 20 inch dick he would say to you bullshit you’re lying its actualy 35 inches. He lies about every fucking thing. 

Its actually really easy nowadays to figure out the truth. If trump and his administration say something, the opposite is true. 

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trumo just retweeted Charlie Kirk 4-5 times in the past 5 minutes after throwing this out there:

I’m going bonkers too! And if you accuse me of going bonkers I’m a gonna accuse you of GOIN TOTALLY BONKERS!

Now make me the fuckin president bitches. Post haste. 

7 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

This is authoritarian 101. This is EXACTLY what Chavez did. 

This is not Republican party rhetoric. This is a goddamn wannabe fascist. Anyone who denies this is a liar or complicit like the chavistas. 

True but we are luckily not some Central American shithole (trump’s words) but actually a country that has institutions  that have withstood the test of time.

Of course those institutions can be breached. But it’s gonna take someone smarter than the orange cheetoh asshole and the party of traitors to do it. 

One of the good things about the trump presidency is it serves as a loud siren warning about what could happen if we don’t wise the fuck up and start advocating the importance of eductions. I realize that means also educating the browns but that shouldn’t be an impediment. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trumo just retweeted Charlie Kirk 4-5 times in the past 5 minutes after throwing this out there:

So first he says the media are fake news reporting the "opposite" of the truth, then transitions seemlessly into complaining about the media reporting things he actually said, but didn't want them to say he said.  I'm confused.

2 hours ago, RPM said:

If he drags this out until the State of the Union address it will be must see TV. I predict a setting like those British Parliament sessions where the gallery goes nuts. 

I'm in favor of all the Democrats in attendance for it chanting in unison "You are lying! Clap clap clap clap clap." every single time he does so.

• Like 1

That is our concern dude.
  • Like 2

Just now, TornACL said:

I love when any of the new wave of 70 IQ conservative internet pundits think they've come up with a real whiz bang cracker jack of an argument. 

Nobody's been able to answer this! 

If our country wasn't in such a precarious position stuff like that would be even more humorous. Anyone still defending Captain Insano at this point either needs to be committed to a facility with padded walls or quietly dropped off in the Siberian wilderness.

I remember when I voted yes to the proposal that any physical border barrier is intrinsically immoral. Everybody was talking about it. We said, "hey, you know those physical border barriers? Yea, those. Well, man, they're intrinsically immoral." We felt so smart. So smug. 

Now this twitter dude comes along and blows our minds by turning the premise on its head! 

Far out!

ps Who the fuck is Michael Tracey?

pps And who are the other 233 people talking about this? Bet they're real smarty pants. Intrinsically smarter pants than me.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 2

Yes, the ideal thing would be a world without garrish border walls segregating groups of mostly innocent desperate hungry persecuted people from access to "the right side of the tracks".

Imagine a wall constricting people from leaving east Austin, or East Germany or the Eastern Hemisphere. There would be no europeans in America. There would be no America. Which might have been a great thing for the brown skinned people already here.